Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

hg658c

Options
12346»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭kingtiger

I just purchased a 3rd party router the "TP-LINK Archer VR900"

can anyone give me a quick rundown about replacing the hg658c when this arrives?

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭BluesWeeper

anyone get a no-ip ddns to auto update on a vodafone huawei router for say getflix?

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭BulliteShot

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    I brought my downstream attenuation from 14.5 down to 13

and my upstream line attenuation down from 8.5 to 7.7 by just using a shorter, better quality cable between my master socket and modem.

Not bad at all I'd say!

The higher the attenuation the more headroom for a better speed negotiation with the exchange.

Your attenuation will go down during bad weather conditions which is why there is always head room. If it goes below 6 bad things start happening to your connection.

So if you swapped the "better" cable over and got less attenuation and your line speed is the same, it means that "better" cable is actually worse.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,724 ✭✭✭✭Andy From Sligo

does the HG658C Router work with a 4G Vodafone USB Dongle or just a 3G Dongle?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

So if you swapped the "better" cable over and got less attenuation and your line speed is the same, it means that "better" cable is actually worse.

That was a year ago you mad yolk

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭grimeire

anyone get a no-ip ddns to auto update on a vodafone huawei router for say getflix?

as far as i can tell there is no way around it. if u have a pc that is always on u can install software and that will update no-ip with ur current public ip.

i assume vodafone are at fault and not huawei as i have used a few huawei routers and they had the no-ip option in ddns settings

• Registered Users Posts: 37 angello90

kingtiger wrote: »
    I just purchased a 3rd party router the "TP-LINK Archer VR900"

can anyone give me a quick rundown about replacing the hg658c when this arrives?

kingtiger have you managed to either swap the modems of bridge vf modem with 3rd party?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,927 ✭✭✭keith_d99

Hi all

Great thread ... thanks for all the info.

My issue with the HG658c is that it goes into an "unresponsive" mode almost nightly.
    Anybody else have this issue?

The modem is unreachable for a few minutes ... when this happens. No internet ... cannot even ping router.

I am using it for VDSL. I have upgraded the firmware but not done a reset yet.
    For serialnumber@vodafone.ie ... what is the password? Is it also "broadband"

I have seen for ADSL the old usernames/password work but for VDSL?

Thanks in advance!
    Keith.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,743 ✭✭✭kleefarr

just found this website tonight

https://hg658c.wordpress.com/

and the clever thing is that if you put

'superuser' as the username

and use 'HG-658c_VF_ie*' as password

it opens up a hell of a lot more settings that you can adjust on this router

Wow, it does. Still didn't tell me what I was looking for though the ampage of the USB socket? is it 2amp?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,743 ✭✭✭kleefarr

keith_d99 wrote: »
    Hi all

My issue with the HG658c is that it goes into an "unresponsive" mode almost nightly.

The modem is unreachable for a few minutes ... when this happens. No internet ... cannot even ping router.

Thanks in advance!
    Keith.

Think they send updates or something every night between 12-6am.

Try User: vodafone@vodafone.ie
    Password: broadband

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭Vico1612

keith_d99 wrote: »
    Hi all

Thanks in advance!
    Keith.

For VDSL : user name is <serialnumber>@vfiefttc.ie
    Password : broadband

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭grimeire

kleefarr wrote: »
    just found this website tonight

https://hg658c.wordpress.com/

and the clever thing is that if you put

'superuser' as the username

and use 'HG-658c_VF_ie*' as password

it opens up a hell of a lot more settings that you can adjust on this router

Wow, it does. Still didn't tell me what I was looking for though the ampage of the USB socket? is it 2amp?
    definitly not 2amp. at most it will be 1amp.

use a powered USB hub if you require a higher amperage

Advertisement