Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Behind the Times & Confused

Options
  • 13-03-2014 4:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16

Hello,
    I've just changed car form a 20 year old Toyota Corona. I did'nt about how it looked and havent used washes waxes or polishes on it in years. Now that I have a newer car (a 3 y o mondeo) I feel I should look after it a bit better and try to keep it looking goog and protected from the elements.
    I've looked around this forum a bit and am now suffering from information overload. Up to the other day I didnt even know of the term car detailing - I still dont know if its different to valeting. :confused:
    Can anyone give a simple list of good products for keeping the outside protected and gleaming, that I need to start and simple instructions for use, or better still, recommend someone or some place that will do a good job for me. I live in North County Dublin.
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭randy hickey

North County Dublin you say?

Have a look here - he'll sort you out one way or the other!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,142 ✭✭✭shamwari

dubturner wrote: »
    Hello,
    I've just changed car form a 20 year old Toyota Corona.
    Loved those old buses. Great machine and don't make them like the used to. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,679 ✭✭✭MAJJ

Hey Dub, been exactly in the same boat as you didn't know where to start , didn't know what detailing was but this where I did start. I know a lot more now or enough to be dangerous !

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=85564750

Randy is spot if I were you I would simply ring Dave in Detailing shed and maybe pop over and have a chat to him. Super nice guy, really knows his stuff so so well and not at all pushy on products or extracting money out of you. That said good products are relatively expensive but they do last and are generally worth it. You will hear from many folks - it's all about the preparation.

Also, the folks in this forum will give you tonnes of help too

Advertisement