Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

fishing in beara, west cork

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭realrebel

A nice 8 lb pollock that I caught yesterday on a light spinning rod. Great fun pulling him in. There doesn't seem to be anything else out there but pollock

Where's a decent spot for pollock fish from the rocks do that way do u know?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,671 ✭✭✭monty_python

realrebel wrote: »
    Where's a decent spot for pollock fish from the rocks do that way do u know?

Dursey sound is a good spot.
    90% of my fishing is done from a small boat but I do know a few rocks that are good.
    PM me if you want

What is everyone's opinion on refreeze bait???
    Sand eels specificly??????

• Registered Users Posts: 3,336 ✭✭✭.red.

What is everyone's opinion on refreeze bait???
    Sand eels specificly??????

I wouldnt bother as they turn to mush.
    buy a small thermos flask and keep it in the freezer with the screw cap open a little. Pop the sandeels in before you head out and take them out as you need them. They will stay frozen for a good few hours as long as you keep the cap closed tight. Put it back in the freezer when youget home and they will stay in good condition.
    The flasks are only a few euro in tescos, dunnes, argos etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,336 ✭✭✭.red.

You can also get wider versions that are designed for soups, these are good if you have frozen crab.
    the likes or razor and frozen black wraps will freeze a few times for you without affecting quality too much.

• Advertisement

Cheers
    The sand eels where only half defrosted so I re froze them. Hopefully they will hold together on the hook for me

Advertisement