Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email Niamh on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
New AMA with a US police officer (he's back!). You can ask your questions here

Getting to Mulranny/Achill, late March

• 05-03-2014 7:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭ Boulevardier

A friend and I (both from Dublin) are visiting the Mulranny/Achill sound area later this month.

Unfortunately, we will not have a car.

I have looked at Bus Eireann's website and their service is God-awful.

Does anyone know of alternative transport in that area, or if not, what would the taxi fares be like from, say, Westport?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭ Boulevardier

Bump

Come on you bl***y culchies, you must have something for me.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators Posts: 81,470 Mod ✭✭✭✭ biko

That doesn't help does it?
    Achill is remote and there isn't any other buses than BE.

Enjoy your stay in culchie-land..

• Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭ Chisler2

Come on you bl***y culchies, you must have something for me.

Instead of expecting things to be 'done' for you, you might find your way to what you desire by doing a little work. I put "Westport, Achill, taxi?" into my web-browser and found THREE taxi-services listed online, with contact addresses, reviews and telephone numbers. You could phone round, get quotes, and plan your holiday on Achill.:) There are also coach-services to Dooagh from - for example - Knock International Airport. This information can also be found by putting details of what you want into your web-browser.

OK thanks Chisler, thats what I will do. I put up this thread in case I was missing something obvious, but I suppose i wasn't.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭ Chisler2

OK thanks Chisler, thats what I will do. I put up this thread in case I was missing something obvious, but I suppose i wasn't.

Coach and train services do exist in that part of the world but as you've found, they are rare as hen's teeth!!!! Plenty of taxi- and cab-services in Westport eager to get a fare to Achill and give you a good price especially if you book a return trip.

Advertisement