Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Getting to Mulranny/Achill, late March

• 05-03-2014 7:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭

A friend and I (both from Dublin) are visiting the Mulranny/Achill sound area later this month.

Unfortunately, we will not have a car.

I have looked at Bus Eireann's website and their service is God-awful.

Does anyone know of alternative transport in that area, or if not, what would the taxi fares be like from, say, Westport?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭Boulevardier

Bump

Come on you bl***y culchies, you must have something for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

That doesn't help does it?
    Achill is remote and there isn't any other buses than BE.

Enjoy your stay in culchie-land..

• Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭Chisler2

Come on you bl***y culchies, you must have something for me.

Instead of expecting things to be 'done' for you, you might find your way to what you desire by doing a little work. I put "Westport, Achill, taxi?" into my web-browser and found THREE taxi-services listed online, with contact addresses, reviews and telephone numbers. You could phone round, get quotes, and plan your holiday on Achill.:) There are also coach-services to Dooagh from - for example - Knock International Airport. This information can also be found by putting details of what you want into your web-browser.

OK thanks Chisler, thats what I will do. I put up this thread in case I was missing something obvious, but I suppose i wasn't.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭Chisler2

OK thanks Chisler, thats what I will do. I put up this thread in case I was missing something obvious, but I suppose i wasn't.

Coach and train services do exist in that part of the world but as you've found, they are rare as hen's teeth!!!! Plenty of taxi- and cab-services in Westport eager to get a fare to Achill and give you a good price especially if you book a return trip.

Advertisement