Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slabs of Beer

Options
2»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

I dont think my local AA branch will be happy with this at all, i hear a few boys are close to fallling off the wagon, this may well just push them off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 518 ✭✭✭mjv2ydratu679c

Bottles come in crates, cans in slabs.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,715 ✭✭✭upandcumming

ariya wrote: »
    I stocked up on Sol after crimbo. Lidl had them 12 bottles for 8.99.

Saw boxes beers in supervalu but no price on them yet
    €15 I think I saw in Mount Merrion SuperValu last night... Shocking expensive.
    Shocking shite staff in it too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,942 ✭✭✭biebiebie

Hmm.
    Bottles do come in crates. But aren't creates plastic like you see down the pub?

Personally I'd call it a box of [bottled] beer.
    Slab or tray would indicate tins, and 24 x at that.
    imho ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭SoapMcTavish

Pallet of Bulmers ? :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,415 ✭✭✭.G.

biebiebie wrote: »
    Hmm.
    Bottles do come in crates. But aren't creates plastic like you see down the pub?

Personally I'd call it a box of [bottled] beer.
    Slab or tray would indicate tins, and 24 x at that.
    imho ;)

Its amazing the consternation this is causing:D

Its quite clearly a box of bottles given that they come in,you know,a box!.And was always called a slab/tray of cans.

TheDriver wrote: »
    plenty of time yet for the price war to begin

Whats molston like BTW?

I find molston canadian to be the nicest of the generic mass market beers that are available in bottles. It doesn't have a huge taste I admit but it's nice, clean taste and refreshing. Much nicer imo than whoor's delight, bud, tuborg, calsberg and also better than Heineken. The stuff available here is brewed in the UK, not Canada, but it's still decent.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭cheekypup

I'm leaving work now and will get 8 cans of San Miguel for €10 in Eurospar Luacn, absolute pi$$ but will enjoy with a few smokes and Tom Dunne show on Newstalk. I used to say trays but since this recession thing kicked in slabs is more common or schlabs as some of my country friends would say.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭GY A1

super valu have 20 bottles bud for 14 euro, but waiting for other cans offers

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭BandyMandy

Some offers here........... http://www.carryout.ie/special-offers/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,930 ✭✭✭dodzy

BandyMandy wrote: »

No value there unfortunately

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭Plates

If you drank a Bud and then a Canadian, chances are you wouldn't be able to tell the difference.

If you drank a Bud, then a Molsen, then a Coors, then a Heineken then a Carlsberg you wouldn't be able to tell the difference. It's all slop.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,930 ✭✭✭dodzy

Plates wrote: »
    If you drank a Bud, then a Molsen, then a Coors, then a Heineken then a Carlsberg you wouldn't be able to tell the difference. It's all slop.
    Troll.

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭Plates

dodzy wrote: »
    Troll.

Really? You think that list of beer is good stuff?

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭Newgrange Warrior

Forget the slabs and crates. Molston Canadian in tesco is cheaper at present per liter for a good reliable 6 pack.

http://www.tesco.ie/groceries/product/search/default.aspx?searchBox=Molson

• Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭AlanG

BandyMandy wrote: »

1:50 a can for Guinness is better than usual - Dunnes doing them at a similar price today.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,242 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

Plates wrote: »
    Really? You think that list of beer is good stuff?

Epicurus said over 2000 years ago "“Nothing is sufficient for the person who finds sufficiency too little”

If you constantly want the very finest of everything, you'll never be happy. (or more specifically, you'll spend a lot of your time dissatisfied with what there is available to you.)
    The mass market beers are perfectly acceptable to the majority of people who can enjoy them for what they are.

Akrasia wrote: »
    Epicurus said over 2000 years ago "“Nothing is sufficient for the person who finds sufficiency too little”

If you constantly want the very finest of everything, you'll never be happy. (or more specifically, you'll spend a lot of your time dissatisfied with what there is available to you.)
    The mass market beers are perfectly acceptable to the majority of people who can enjoy them for what they are.

Well said, must every beer that you drink must be a "craft beer" (a fooking hipster term that I personally hate).
    many of these "craft beers" are very heavy in nature which doesn't suit more than having 1 or 2. Also at mabye €3 a pop they're not cheap. Light mass-market beers have their place when you just want a beer or few...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭GY A1

any cans on offer over week end guys

• Registered Users Posts: 12,409 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

glasso wrote: »
    Well said, must every beer that you drink must be a "craft beer" (a fooking hipster term that I personally hate).
    many of these "craft beers" are very heavy in nature which doesn't suit more than having 1 or 2. Also at mabye €3 a pop they're not cheap. Light mass-market beers have their place when you just want a beer or few...

here here. As much as I love "craft beers" they have shot up in price in last 2 years. I remember bishops finger being 1.50 in lidl 2 years ago and now its 2.29. It is also fashionable to be into craft beers and slate bland beers. However a night on the town scoffing down lots of beer, you can't beat the likes of miller etc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭bored_newbie

I have to agree. I love to try out new beers. If I go on holidays, I'll always try the local stuff and I like that there are loads of new beers on the market that we can try.

But at the end of the day, my fridge will invariably be stocked up with the affordable stuff you get in any supermarket.

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭bored_newbie

These are some of the cheaper beers in Tesco this week(from the website). I've only tried the Molson myself so can't comment on the others.

Bavariacrown 500Ml8pk
    €10.25

Biere D'or Des Flandres 20X25cl Bottles
    €10.00

Prazsky 6 Pack X 500 Millilitre
    €6.99

Molson Canadian 6X330ml Bottle (until March 9)
    €5.00

Advertisement