Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rte 1 NOW

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

IF YOU TUNED into RTÉ One television this evening, you might have noticed something a little repetitive going on.
    While RTÉ’s Prime Time should have been playing, viewers were treated to a loop of “Irish Ukrainians, not Russians” for more than ten minutes.
    However, Managing Director, RTÉ News and Current Affairs Kevin Bakhurst explained that technicians had been working to be fix the problem but were unable to rectify it for some time.

http://www.thejournal.ie/rte-one-prime-time-irish-ukrainians-not-russians-1343378-Mar2014/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭lukesmom

They let it loop for 10 whole minutes, why didn't they stop it?????? Weird!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,725 ✭✭✭lertsnim

groovie wrote: »
    It was that easy.

Let me turn on this invisible television here. Oh you could have turned on the stream online you will say. Poor 3G connection says no to that plan.

Any other suggestions?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Patty O Furniture

Here it is on youtube

& trending now on twitter

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭NormanNicetouch

I'm sure there must have been a few heads around the country who had had a few yokes, woke up in front of this and thought they had gone on a mad trip.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Bloe Joggs

Normally with a fault like that any TV station would kill the feed and send out a Test Card. Not that I really mind either way but I'm puzzled as to why they didn't do that. Weird.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

According to the twittery people it briefly started up again during Scott and Bailey just now on RTE1

• Registered Users Posts: 4,046 ✭✭✭afatbollix

Is it across all platforms? Like sky, Soarview, Soarsat and UPC??

Or was it only on SKY?

• Registered Users Posts: 763 ✭✭✭F-Stop

Edit

"What Have The Russians Ever Done For Us" :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,046 ✭✭✭afatbollix

Bloe Joggs wrote: »
    Normally with a fault like that any TV station would kill the feed and send out a Test Card. Not that I really mind either way but I'm puzzled as to why they didn't do that. Weird.

Only a senior person would decide that and well they would be all at home. By the time they would of had the right people on the phone by the sounds of it they got it fixed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,324 ✭✭✭Cork boy 55

Irish ukranians not russians

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,293 ✭✭✭Fuzzy Clam

afatbollix wrote: »
    Is it across all platforms? Like sky, Soarview, Soarsat and UPC??

Or was it only on SKY?

I didn't notice it on Saorview. I was wondering what McCullagh was going on about when he mentioned problems with sound.
    It was unprofessional of RTE to kill the program in the way they did.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭hellboy99

Wonder will this make the RTE News tomorrow lol

• Registered Users Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭FouxDaFaFa

This could be a stupid question but I wasn't watching PT, was someone in the middle of saying a sentence containing the phrase "Irish Ukrainians, not Russians" which then became a loop or did the loop interrupt an unrelated sentence?

Not sure, when I switched to RTE 1 it was in full swing, it sounded like it was part of the initial interview. I thought maybe someone used the wrong audio file and had made it fill the time for the interview, but then it went over the studio stuff and into the ads. It then went on for more than 10 minutes, which is pretty crazy - I cannot understand why no one is monitoring what is going out live. Seems like not just one person, but a whole team were asleep at the helm while a live show was airing (Is Prime Time live, maybe not, shenanigans either way). Have to pay my TV licence this week... awesome.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,666 ✭✭✭brian_t

It was repeated an hour later on RTE+1

Brilliant

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,293 ✭✭✭Fuzzy Clam

brian_t wrote: »

On Sky? It wasn't repeated on Saorview.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

no it wasn't they pulled +1

During the ad break for the LLS, it briefly came on for 5 secs, i couldn't believe it when i heard it, gotta be the continuity staff bored outta their head :)

I get Saorview and RTE did not pull +1

They showed the repeat with the loop of “Irish Ukrainians, not Russians”

I watched RTE+1 at 23.55 (an hour after this thread started) and they were showing the repeat with the loop of “Irish Ukrainians, not Russians”

• Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭groovie

lertsnim wrote: »
    Let me turn on this invisible television here. Oh you could have turned on the stream online you will say. Poor 3G connection says no to that plan.

Any other suggestions?

I think that you may be better off without.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Hootanany

WTF

• Registered Users Posts: 6,573 ✭✭✭jaykay74

Here is the remix. Good enough tune once it gets going.

• Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭groovie

jaykay74 wrote: »
    Here is the remix. Good enough tune once it gets going.

Is this an example of Swedish House music? I like it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 28 Trebor Gluck

Irish Russians not Ukranians ! Were you not listening ??

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Didn't make it to RTE+1 on UPC unfortunately.

Advertisement