Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Saturday Night Show March 1st

Options
  • 01-03-2014 8:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9,711 ✭✭✭

Beware the ides of March

Coming up this week on The Saturday Night Show comedian David McSavage tells us about his new series of Savage Eye, his desire to get out of Ireland and his big screen debut.

Monica Loughman talks about big ballerinas and life after Russian dance.

The impossible to embarrass Dr Christian Jessen discusses his own body issues, his theories on obesity and television’s obsession with health and wellness.
    American singer songwriter John Grant will perform with some very special backing singers. John will also talk to Brendan about music, life and his hell-raising past.

Also joining Brendan will be the mother of Irish politics, Mary O’Rourke to talk retirement, legacies and the current crop of politicians. Tune in at 9.35pm and enjoy!!

So, Mammy O' Rourke, a ballerina who's not a rugby player- shock horror :eek:... and a Czar who's not Russian:P

In other news, this cat has just been told, most felines have fur:
    Cat_texel_02.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,749 ✭✭✭✭grey_so_what

Mammy O'Rourke and fat-less people??

Brendan will have to try harder....

No LLS Presenter Job going after last night!..

I heard Sinead O'Connor and daughter Roisin are on??

SNS Facebook Post;

"We're really excited about having John Grant on The Saturday Night Show- RTE for an interview and performance of his song "GMF" accompanied by Sinead O'Connor and her daughter Roisin this Saturday!"

And B&Q are getting the bullet apparently...

http://www.newstalk.ie/Sinead-OConnor-decides-its-time-to-remove-face-tattoos

God, that cat has big ears......I'm still iffy on the baldy kitteh thing.....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,712 ✭✭✭BabysCoffee

Monica Loughman talks about big ballerinas and life after Russian dance.

I think that I should like Monica Loughman but I can never warm to her.

I saw her on TV3 during the week...She is quite the determined young woman.

I don't think she suffers fools gladly.

Let's see her deal with Brendan.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

The last time Mr McSavage was a guest on this show I posted about an altercation I had with him in the past.

The posts mysteriously disappeared shortly afterwards. He's a great man to hurl abuse at others, not so keen on taking criticism himself :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,711 ✭✭✭C.K Dexter Haven

She studied ballet in Russia for many years from a young age- I've a lot of admiration for her in terms of what she achieved.

• Advertisement

Skid X wrote: »
    The last time Mr McSavage was a guest on this show I posted about an altercation I had with him in the past.

The posts mysteriously disappeared shortly afterwards. He's a great man to hurl abuse at others, not so keen on taking criticism himself :rolleyes:

Try posting it again- see what happens?:D

UH OH!!!!!!!!!!!

Posts disappearing??......:eek:

You must be very controversial Skid.....:eek:

Happy St Davids Day everyone!

stdavidday.jpg

stdavidday.jpg

Who leaked this news?:eek:

*gets coat*

Not feeling the love for St. David watching Scarlet's v Munster atm.....:mad:

• Advertisement

Try posting it again- see what happens?:D

It was during the Edinburgh Festival a few years ago. He was standing at a corner hurling abuse at passers by, like he used to do in Temple Bar.

He roared something at me, I told him it's bad enough having to endure his gibberish in Dublin and that the good people of Edinburgh didn't deserve his ludicrous inane 'performances'

We had a heated debate for a few minutes, during which neither side changed their opinion. Eventually I left him and went into the Three Sisters Pub for a much needed Pint.

It was during the Edinburgh Festival a few years ago. He was standing at a corner hurling abuse at passers by, like he used to do in Temple Bar.

He roared something at me, I told him it's bad enough having to endure his gibberish in Dublin and that the good people of Edinburgh didn't deserve his ludicrous inane 'performances'

We had a heated debate for a few minutes, during which neither side changed their opinion. Eventually I left him and went into the Three Sisters Pub for a much needed Pint.

So good it had to be repeated twice!.....:D:D:D

In your face Mr. McSavage Andrews.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

Brendan will surely have a joke or two lined up about his old buddy Linda Martin. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

Will Paul Williams be on to discuss ganglands 'finest' after this evenings shenanigans I wonder ?

Lisha wrote: »
    Will Paul Williams be on to discuss ganglands 'finest' after this evenings shenanigans I wonder ?

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/gang-boss-john-gilligan-has-been-shot-in-attack-30053726.html

Sometimes there are no words.

LynnGrace wrote: »
    Brendan will surely have a joke or two lined up about his old buddy Linda Martin. :D

Ok, I'll start:

Did you need CHiPs to separate you from Billy McGuinness last night?:D

10039208.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

Beware the ides of March

Coming up this week on The Saturday Night Show comedian David McSavage tells us about his desire to get out of Ireland
    I'm willing to help... <passes around hat for silent collection>

LynnGrace wrote: »
    I'm willing to help... <passes around hat for silent collection>

I nominate Skid to give him the ticket....:D:D:D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 325 ✭✭finix

If tonights thread is even half as funny as last nights LLS debacle, I don't mind staying in !:D

• Registered Users Posts: 72,180 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

Noswaith dda!

welsh-flag001-3012116.jpg

Wales-fans-GETTY-I_2027700i.jpg

Bonnie+Tyler+-+A+Rockin'+Good+Way+-+7%22+RECORD-65570.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 185 ✭✭chimmy chonga

That odious woman O'Rourke who publicly puts Fianna Fáil before her country and brother, somehow crawls from radio shows to TV shows and back again - I'm off to the pub :P

Stop, my sides.

Ooooops WM....

You're next for obliteration!!......

Do you reckon TSNS will give boards TV thread an honourable mention some day-after all, we make up 3/4ers of the viewing audience:P

Do you reckon TSNS will give boards TV thread an honourable mention some day-after all, we make up 3/4ers of the viewing audience:P

I think they should give us free drink.

I paid my Licence Fee.....;)

HIYO!

• Registered Users Posts: 806 ✭✭✭bonzos

Has Mary O Rourke no shame at all?she was part of a government which ruined this country and she just cant take her pension and f@ck off....

Even the audience are reserved with their laughter!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

This should be interesting......

• Advertisement

I hate him already

Advertisement