Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Wrestlemania main event *potential spoilers*

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Was Batista always this bad?

Not talking about him gassing out so quickly as I guess that could be attributed to his being out of the ring for so long so not having the same endurance (although one would have thought he woulda kept somewhat fit with his MMA business) but it's like he has completely forgotten how to wrestle since we was last in the WWE.

I mean I dont think he was ever a HBK /Danielson type but surely he used to do a lot more than he seems capable of atm?

Yeah it's not good at all.

During his first run he had plenty of good matches, held his own in there with HHH, Undertaker and the likes.

The Rock was gone 10 years so you could forgive him but Batista is gone less then 4. From day one it looks like he's phoned it in totally.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Personally, I never thought Batista was that good to begin with so he isnt really a let down for me. He just looks out of shape with how quickly he is gassed and struggling.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

The Batista - Bomb to Bryan on raw was laughable, took him forever to do it and didn't look powerful, as if Bryan had to force himself down to make it look forceful (probably looked like that because that is exactly what happened)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

The Batista - Bomb to Bryan on raw was laughable, took him forever to do it and didn't look powerful, as if Bryan had to force himself down to make it look forceful (probably looked like that because that is exactly what happened)

His Spear is the biggest example for me, especially when you have Roman Reigns about nailing them so well atm Tista just looks like he is throwing his body at whoever instead of actually doing the move

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

^^ very true! It's a sad state of affairs when The big Show does a better spear than you!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 85,059 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Even if he isn't in the world title match, after it Daniel Bryan should come out and take out both Bootista and Orton and end the show with a huge yes chant

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭SilverFox261

I can see the Orton/Batista match going ahead as is to close the show. The boo's ring out for whoever wins and then Hogan's music hits. He says something about giving fans what they want and brings Bryan out for a match against the winner. Quick match and Bryan wins. Gives Bryan the WM closing image, sends fans home happy and allows the Authority vs Bryan story to run post mania. Adding a stipulation that Bryan is in the main event if he beats HHH makes the outcome even more obvious then it already is.

I can see the Orton/Batista match going ahead as is to close the show. The boo's ring out for whoever wins and then Hogan's music hits. He says something about giving fans what they want and brings Bryan out for a match against the winner. Quick match and Bryan wins. Gives Bryan the WM closing image, sends fans home happy and allows the Authority vs Bryan story to run post mania. Adding a stipulation that Bryan is in the main event if he beats HHH makes the outcome even more obvious then it already is.

This is the exact same as everyone who said Bryan was coming into the Rumble at number 30 to win it. It gets less likely with each passing week. Right now, I'd say there is almost no chance of that happening.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,735 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    Right now, I'd say there is almost no chance of that happening.

I'd say there's no chance in hell...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ape Lincoln

Batista has always been awful. Bar some good matches with Undertaker he's just a jacked up slug.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,008 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    This is the exact same as everyone who said Bryan was coming into the Rumble at number 30 to win it. It gets less likely with each passing week. Right now, I'd say there is almost no chance of that happening.

Wait and see:)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,735 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Rjd2 wrote: »
    Wait and see:)

Let's just see how it goes.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭A Primal Nut

Strangest thing about RAW last night that wasn't really talked about is that Batista joined the authority. It would have been much more dramatic if he had not made the heel promo on Smackdown, so most people didn't make anything of it. But he joined the same group as Orton a few weeks before they both fight for the title at WM30.

What are they going to feud over now? Fight over who can please Triple H the most in order to become the face of the company? The buildup to this match gets more and more bizarre every week.

It's almost as if they are contractually obliged to Batista to go ahead with this match so that's what they are doing. But they aren't bothering giving it a buildup and are putting all their energies on Taker/Lesnar and HHH/Bryan.

Funny given that a couple of months ago, re-uniting the titles was billed as the biggest match in history. :D

Strangest thing about RAW last night that wasn't really talked about is that Batista joined the authority. It would have been much more dramatic if he had not made the heel promo on Smackdown, so most people didn't make anything of it. But he joined the same group as Orton a few weeks before they both fight for the title at WM30.

What are they going to feud over now? Fight over who can please Triple H the most in order to become the face of the company? The buildup to this match gets more and more bizarre every week.

It's almost as if they are contractually obliged to Batista to go ahead with this match so that's what they are doing. But they aren't bothering giving it a buildup and are putting all their energies on Taker/Lesnar and HHH/Bryan.

Funny given that a couple of months ago, re-uniting the titles was billed as the biggest match in history. :D

But he didnt join the Authority. He helped out a friend and left straight after.

Advertisement