Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Nicky Byrne show with Nicky and Jenny

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

The Ahern Crime Family Show

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭Taxburden carrier

The nick and burn show ?

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭Fran1985

What a stupid idea to call the program The Nicky Byrne show when it has a co presenter. What an insult to Jenny Greene

The Chris Moyles Show (several co presenters)
    The Ray Foley Show (JP)
    The Adrian Kennedy Phone Show (The other guy)

It's how it goes. Wouldn't call it an insult. Hope it works out though for both of them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭Turn the radio on

And does 2fm really need another show with a sidekick ? Only 3 weekday shows wont have a sidekick.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

I wish I didn't have to pay licence fee, it sickens me any of my money goes towards any member of the ahern family!

• Advertisement

Was Nicky Byrne any good when he filled in for Tubridy last year ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,039 ✭✭✭MJ23

Was Nicky Byrne any good when he filled in for Tubridy last year ?

No.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 546 ✭✭✭sebcity

Well at least we know there'll be some banging tunes!

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭eiresandra

It's not bad so far. Jenny is very good, he's quite personable and the two of them have good chemistry. Although I'm not quite sure yet what the point of the show is, or what the content will be other than the two of them yapping between songs.

But from what I've heard so far, much better than New Breakfast or New Drive. The imaging is incredibly out-dated though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 546 ✭✭✭sebcity

eiresandra wrote: »
    It's not bad so far. Jenny is very good, he's quite personable and the two of them have good chemistry. Although I'm not quite sure yet what the point of the show is, or what the content will be other than the two of them yapping between songs.

But from what I've heard so far, much better than New Breakfast or New Drive. The imaging is incredibly out-dated though.

Yeah, I agree.
    3 hours is a long time though so we'll see how it goes!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭reg114

eiresandra wrote: »

Why they have 3 intros telling us its the Nikki Byrne show is beyond me .. then Nikki he tells us its the Nikki Byrne show after the 3 intros ... The music is down to Jenny, so if its good she should get the credit, quite aside from that in the context of 2FM as a whole I stuggle to see the point of this show. Bear in mind just before we had the giddy Nicky intros Tubs was talking to 2 guys suffering from debilitating agoraphobia and prior to that the subject matter was dyslexia. It cant be overstated how important Jenny is to the smooth running of this show, she's a consummate pro. My main gripe is it should be called the Nicky and jenny show if anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,111 ✭✭✭lucylu

flicked over for a few seconds

"nuttin done - more to do ..." :rolleyes:

good luck to yea.. Mr Byrne

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭radiofreak

Jenny sounds as if she is embarrassed to be in the studio with Nicky. He hasn't a clue what he is at. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,387 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Should have kept Damien McCaul, he played some pretty good music and was pretty good craic. Listened a bit today to this ****e, the flow between Jenny and Nicky was awful, mainly because Nicky kept trying to force Jenny to say something. Jenny Green is wasted on this show.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 675 ✭✭✭DT100

You cant sing,you cant dance,you'll go a long way................must be true after all.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,029 ✭✭✭The_Wanderer

Caught the last 35 odd minutes of the show. Compared to the tripe that 2fm have on for Breakfast I didn't think it was too bad. Rather enjoyed it actually.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭Claude Burgundy

Caught the last 35 odd minutes of the show. Compared to the tripe that 2fm have on for Breakfast I didn't think it was too bad. Rather enjoyed it actually.

+1 on that today. I listened in for about 90 min and enjoyed it. The banter doesn't seem forced and i think its going to pull from Ray Darcy who after all is almost 50 and theres an a demographic who can't relate to him at all.

Add to that i caught some of Tubs on repeat last week and it wasn't half bad either. He was so much more natural and nice than Darcy who is turning all grumpy and full of his own importance.......

• Registered Users Posts: 7,880 ✭✭✭patrickc

I've caught about an hour and a half of it over the 2 days, I'm liking it so far. I thought Nicky would be a pompus ass but so far he's grand and Jenny is a natural as ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭thesaurus2

Was surprised by this, heard most of it over Monday and Tuesday and enjoyed the bits I heard. It's a double act that has some enthusiasm and they work better together than the hosts who follow them. This is one schedule change 2fm have got right.

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭Frog Song

Nicky always seemed like a pretty sound guy and he is likeable on the show. To be honest I think they're doing well for the first week. Best of luck to them, it'd be great if this works because the other new shows definitely don't! I'm giving him a chance anyway.

• Advertisement

Dare i say in the future they could be a 9 to 12 option to go directly against Darcy..............with a more lusic lunch type show to follow it. I honestly think Mark McCabe is worth a full slot on the schedule, good presenter without going overboard and is the right age demographic for the listners they are looking for.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Whats their time slot? 12pm after tubs?

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Whats their time slot? 12pm after tubs?
    11am-2pm

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭chicken foot

Really enjoying the show. Jenny is definitely "carrying" it but they seem a good pairing. Loving the "electric disco" elements. She really is miles ahead of every other female presenter.

Jenny greenes club sandwich on a Friday!! Good call miss,good call

Jenny greenes club sandwich on a Friday!! Good call miss,good call

Sorry to say it but KC has been doing this on Today FM for months. An hr of old school 90's and 00's.............

Sorry to say it but KC has been doing this on Today FM for months. An hr of old school 90's and 00's.............

Yes but kc is leaving shortly

Yes but kc is leaving shortly

Yeah its its lazy to just copy what a station in the same time slot is doing, not a chat show etc but a throw back playing the same type of music from a specific time period. I know its a great advert for Electric Disco but its kjust plain lazy and my only major negative from the week having listened to the majority of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,387 ✭✭✭✭siblers

KC just got that from Ray Foley's lazy radio.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,365 ✭✭✭ofcork

I didn't think kc was playing an hour of old school stuff,foley used to play a lot but kc is too rock flavoured.

Advertisement