Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

eels return!! Dublin Olympia, July 1st

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭exilec

Fully seated show ... :(

http://www.ticketmaster.ie/Eels-tickets/artist/779733?tm_link=tm_homeA_news2

new album must be very mellow ..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭EyesClosed

exilec wrote: »
    Fully seated show ... :(

http://www.ticketmaster.ie/Eels-tickets/artist/779733?tm_link=tm_homeA_news2

new album must be very mellow ..

That is just the default seating map I think, may not be fully seated

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭GuitarTown

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭exilec

EyesClosed wrote: »
    That is just the default seating map I think, may not be fully seated

No its fully seated show . Announced on website and ticketmaster main page

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭EyesClosed

exilec wrote: »
    No its fully seated show . Announced on website and ticketmaster main page

Ahh that's annoying then

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,449 ✭✭✭blastman

I can't see anything that says it's all seated, open to correction though....

** EDIT ** sorry, just saw MCD's page, they say it is all seated.

Reminder bump!!

Ticket bought :)

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭roll

new album is a 26 track double album-if its anywhere near as good as 'blinking lights' it will be awesome... and if a seated gig means a repeat of 'eels with strings' that would be pretty awesome also! Bring on the rubbish bin percussion again i say!

Not quite, the second disc is a bonus disc, it's not like Blinking Lights which was a proper double CD. About half the tracks are live songs recorded on the last tour. All the recent eels albums have had a bonus version like this.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,877 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Due to demand Eels have added a second performance at The Olympia Theatre on July 1st & 2nd 2014

Tickets priced from €33.50 inclusive of booking fee are on sale now from Ticketmaster outlets nationwide and www.ticketmaster.ie

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Ticket booked for second date, saw them twice last year (Olympia & EP).
    Well worth seeing again

• Registered Users Posts: 1,877 ✭✭✭Hippo

As usual the show will be entirely different to that of any previous tour, so I don't really mind the 'all-seated' aspect. Always worth seeing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭horseburger

When they play a second night, do they change the setlist much (like Bob Dylan!:)) , or is it usually the same as the first night?

No-one changes the set list as much as Dylan - even the band usually have no idea what's coming next.

E usually makes one or two changes but it'll be largely the same.

Hippo wrote: »
    No-one changes the set list as much as Dylan - even the band usually have no idea what's coming next.

*cough*Springsteen*cough* :)

blastman wrote: »
    *cough*Springsteen*cough* :)

Dylan even changes the key of songs! At least Springsteen's mob have some idea of what's going on.

Are ye goin to see Bob in June?

When he played the 2 nights in the point in 2005, there were only 2 songs played both nights!! :)

http://www.boblinks.com/112605s.html

http://www.boblinks.com/112705s.html

^^^^I'm not really a fan

Hippo wrote: »
    ^^^^I'm not really a fan

No chance of converting you?!:)

the gig Bob Dylan did in Limerick in 2010 was excellent, he was in great form!

One of the things that make the gigs interesting is that the arrangements are usually different to the studio albums,

and even the live albums from different tours, and the live recordings in the Bootleg Series releases, have different arrangements, for example the versions of Maggie's Farm on the Budokan and Real Live albums.

I always liked the version of Masters of War on Real Live.

Sure thing, I can definitely recognise his ability but he doesn't move me the way, for instance, E or Tom Waits do. My wife and son are fans and lecture me, but at this stage it'll never happen!

• Advertisement

'sorry guys-no tracksuits tonight!!!'.... awesome as ever

"Soft bummer rock" :D

Great gig, much mellower than last year, but it was up there with it. Looking at the setlist I thought it might be too low-key, but it worked very well. The seats in the Olympia are still horribly cramped, though, for anyone with legs.

They should make a t-shirt that says "I am The Chet's stalker" :)

I have a ticket to sell for the eels tonight if anyone would like to pm me I can arrange to meet at the Olympia later on

its in the stall in row h

they are so tight musically, they could put any spin on a show - last night was a jazz/blues/country cabaret sort of thing... horseburger, i'd nearly take that ticket off you and go again! i know it was mostly fellas loving the chet last night but my mrs has fallen for him big style in that suit-who am i to argue!!!

roll wrote: »
    they are so tight musically, they could put any spin on a show - last night was a jazz/blues/country cabaret sort of thing... horseburger, i'd nearly take that ticket off you and go again! i know it was mostly fellas loving the chet last night but my mrs has fallen for him big style in that suit-who am i to argue!!!

Send me a pm and we can arrange to meet at the venue, if you decide to take it:)

roll, don't show these to your mrs!! :)

sm_IMG_4350.jpg

sm_IMG_4345.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭discobeaker

Anyone get the name of the girl who supported tonight? I think she was French maybe. Anyway,gig tonight was great,even got a hug of E. Ain't heard the new stuff but what I heard tonight I
    enjoyed very much. Picked up the album at the show so I look forward to listening to it over the weekend

melanie de biasio. whoever managed to get the bar closed during the support act deserves a medal-there was (almost) perfect quietness during her set-great idea!

Must say I found Melanie to be deadly dull - even a change of key would have been great. E's show on the Tuesday though was terrific.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭Cast Iron

Tremendous show by Eels last night. Mellower and dare I say touching vibe interspersed with with E's humour. It made for a great night.

Advertisement