Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WWE Elimination Chamber [SS1] 2014 Live Thread *Spoilers*

Options
  • 24-02-2014 2:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭

IC title match opens. Swagger vs Big E.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,802 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Are the guys on the panel allowed to name the winners for things like the chamber or the Rumble where more than 3 guys are involved?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,629 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

I'd also like Swagger to win this one. There have been enough long title reigns lately, where the belt gets forgotten about. A change would help keep it fresh imo

• Registered Users Posts: 32,838 ✭✭✭✭CSF

I've said it before and I'll say it again. Big E really does have the worst theme music for making an impact.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 245 ✭✭Foggy.nelson

Ricardo on the spanish announce table. Havent seen him in a while

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

Ricardo at the Spanish announce table, things don't bode well for him tonight

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Are the guys on the panel allowed to name the winners for things like the chamber or the Rumble where more than 3 guys are involved?

Reckon they are told not to pick the winner. Anyone else is fine though. If they were allowed pick the winner, they all would.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭Ridley

I'd also like Swagger to win this one. There have been enough long title reigns lately, where the belt gets forgotten about. A change would help keep it fresh imo

The mid-card titles have been neglected regardless of title length of late (eye em oh).

• Registered Users Posts: 28,802 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Hasn't Ricardo been there for a few PPVs now?

As for long reigns making the belt forgotten, maybe if it was on the line more often to make them a fighting champion

Desperate for people to watch NXT with the panel they are using. It's better than the PPV one!

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Hasn't Ricardo been there for a few PPVs now?

As for long reigns making the belt forgotten, maybe if it was on the line more often to make them a fighting champion

I reckon making one of them an unofficial TV title would work. Not like it needs much effort. Just a new opponent every week.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,642 ✭✭✭andyman

Doesn't matter about who's holding the titles. Big E hasn't been given a proper storyline. Where's the interferences from Swagger in Big E's matches? The promo's between Zeb and Big E? There's none, it's literally just title matches thrown together for no reason and no build to these matches. The booking for the IC title is lazy as **** and it has been since Cody was champion in my opinion.

but if they are not going to have them defend it properly (which they clearly arent) might as well pass it around every few months to keep it fresh, they cant be devalued anymore than they currently are

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,642 ✭✭✭andyman

See this match is actually quite good, imagine they had actually given it some sort of build.

but if they are not going to have them defend it properly (which they clearly arent) might as well pass it around every few months to keep it fresh, they cant be devalued anymore than they currently are

Doing that makes it even more pointless. Title reigns should go at least four or so months unless someone else gets really hot or the champion bombs. Big E is doing a good enough job with how little he has been given. No need to swap the title just because.

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭sockmo

I wasnt expecting this match to be be this good, Good to have the IC title mean something again!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Decent match. Chalk that under 'better then expected'

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Good opener despite the zero build up.

That was a very decent match.

Very strong opener. Like andyman said, give it some build and it could have been great. Wouldnt mind them two going again at Wrestlemania but with a feud behind them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭Ridley

Glad the crowd gave it a chance.

• Advertisement

They need to really do something good with Barrett here...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Great match. Big e very impressive

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭Deadlie

Big E, aka Big Diddies retains.

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    Doing that makes it even more pointless. Title reigns should go at least four or so months unless someone else gets really hot or the champion bombs. Big E is doing a good enough job with how little he has been given. No need to swap the title just because.
    I know that, but that's just not what the WWE has been doing with them. No use in having it stuck on AJ or Ambrose for almost a year until people forget it exists.

Long title reigns where the belt is never defended also devalues the belt, as it goes down as a record length

• Registered Users Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Why don't they just let Wade wrestle :confused:

Barrett needs to actually do something soon.
    I know that, but that's just not what the WWE has been doing with them. No use in having it stuck on AJ or Ambrose for almost a year until people forget it exists

AJ is understandable. She is more popular than the rest of the division combined. She's the only Diva the fans want to see.

One of the most pointless promos ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭Manning3000

I don't mind Barrett but why bring him out pointlessly, why not start him feuding with big e instead of ignoring big e in the ring,

• Registered Users Posts: 2,017 ✭✭✭Chagan

That promo did nothing but take the shine off of Big E.

• Advertisement

CSF wrote: »
    One of the most pointless promos ever.

Just like every Wade Barrett promo since this gimmick started.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement