Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PW Boards Video Club - Discussion and Show Selection

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,426 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Right lads,

I know I've not posted in the Bash at the Beach thread yet. With the draft and some personal events the last few days, I've not had a chance to watch.

But I wanted to make sure there was still interest there to discuss things. Week One was great, a few people talking, a good few people voting. Week two saw attendance halved. And now week three seems to be empty. 1 reply discussing the show and only 3 votes.

I don't mind running it week on week if there's sufficent interest, but I also don't want to be clogging up the board with weekly topics people aren't using. :( So is it the show choices? Just that people don't have time? Interest?

Feedback would be appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

I have really just been snowed under the last two weeks but ok again this week, will watch show tonight and have my views on it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Same here. Flat out. But I intend on having the show watched Wednesday at the latest

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

I want this to continue, but i havent been able to take part as of yet. Unfortunatly serious life altering situations have happened to myself over teh last few weeks and Boards just hasnt been a priority.

Ive been lucky to get by PPV done in the draft and have been able to read up on others PPVs and have been unable to really get back to hosting the Wrestler War thread. But id love to get stuck into this when all my real life stress blows over.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

1 reply discussing the show and only 3 votes.

This is the bit I dont get. A whole lot more votes than replies. Are the people who vote but dont reply even watching the show, or are they just going from memory? I think only the replies should count since they are actually making an effort. If you've watched the show, you should be able to at least form a couple of sentences if you dont want to do a full review.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,017 ✭✭✭Chagan

I'm in the middle of writing up this week's. College has taken over a bit. Will write the second half after the match tonight and hopefully have it up by tomorrow.

Definitely agree with gnfnr about voting vs posting. It doesn't even have to be a full review. Just even a comment about why you gave the show it's score. Anything that might get a conversation going.

Will be a bit later tonight. Have to do a trip up to Dublin today so will be home later. Apologies.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,765 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Snowed under in work :(

I work as part of a two man team and the other guy upped and left 2 weeks ago and he's yet to be replaced so I'm doing double the workload until he's replaced :(

Sorry bout not getting it up tonight, will do it first thing in the morning.

Spent a large chunk of the day in a hospital in Dublin so tired and not much in the mood to get it up right now. Nothing bad btw, just tiring. Will get it up first thing tomorrow.

Sorry bout not getting it up tonight

I'm pretty sure there are pills to help you with that :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Fully Loaded 2000 is a show to consider down the line. Awesome, under-rated show with a great card from top to bottom.

Will fit 3-4 hours in for WM19 somehow over the weekend.

Would it be better if we did them bi-weekly? The numbers have been going down in a hurry so many the extra time would help?

I also want to throw ROH Manhattan Mayhem from 2005 into consideration.

Just a quick update; I think it's right to switch them to bi-weekly, so people still have another week to keep going with Mania 19 if they want. Especially with the size of the Mania cards, it might be smart to give people the extra time.

So we'll start back up next week, when hopefully everyone is also on a Post-Mania high :)

Advertisement