Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clothes catalogues

Options
2»

Comments

Beasty wrote: »
    Well here's something especially for you - a page from the 1972 "Great Universal" UK catalogue

http://i827.photobucket.com/albums/zz195/BeastyofNCD/mailordercat1.jpg?t=1292591617

Brilliant! Love it!

Well here's something especially for you - a page from the 1972 "Great Universal" UK catalogue

http://i827.photobucket.com/albums/zz195/BeastyofNCD/mailordercat1.jpg?t=1292591617

I'm off to bargain alerts to buy that bullet!

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,598 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Back in the 70's the Autumn/Winter mail order catalogue was keenly awaited in many households (particularly those of us with limited access to shops). The last couple of hundred pages or so were devoted to Christmas and in particular had all the latest toys. It arrived around August time but in our family it was pretty much dropping to bits by the end of October when we as kids had continually thumbed through it trying to work out what we might be getting for XMas

• Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭endplate

Studio cards was another catalog that used to do the rounds

• Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭ringadingding

When the new Kay's or little woods catalogue hit the door mat, well my pecker rose and it was stealthily snuck to the bathroom, where I would pull the lad off myself over the faintest hint of pubic shadowing or the edge of an aereola.

The good old days of simplicity.

Now it takes 7 nuns and a dog to get me going

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭Mickey H

That needs an NSFW NSFA* tag.

* Not Safe For Anything

• Registered Users Posts: 10,296 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Family album - my introduction to the bikini ;-)

In one Family Album edition from the 90s, the bikini models gave us a back view

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,172 ✭✭✭Ghost Buster

Family Album

And the underwear section got me through my teenage years in 80s Ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 5,942 ✭✭✭topper75

The binding gum might fade over time. But the glue between the pages, never.

• Advertisement

There is a website dedicated about old Kays catalogue, yet none about Family Album

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,598 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

branie2 wrote: »
    There is a website dedicated about old Kays catalogue, yet none about Family Album
    The Kays heritage site is here

It was set up in 2000 by some ex-employees, focussed more on the fact it had been a business established in Worcester in the late 19th century and it, along with associated companies under the GUS umbrella had been a major employer in the area for a long time

The Family Album catalogue was essentially borne out of the GUS UK mail order business (which itself was based in Manchester) with relatively little substance in Ireland (although the Irish company did have some nice offices on O'Connell Street!)

How about the swimwear section?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,747 ✭✭✭fleet_admiral

Anyone remember the trips to the laundrette in Phibsboro with your nana to pay the oxendales bill just after they set up here and the real old building on O Connell street to pay the family album?

Family Album's spring/summer catalogue for 1993 really sticks my memory

Sticks in my memory, I mean

But then, I was 13 going on 14 of course.

Anyone here own old editions of catalogues?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭looking_around

branie2 wrote: »
    Anyone here own old editions of catalogues?

umm, why?

and why not start a new thread?

umm, why?

and why not start a new thread?

Just wondering

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Ah yes, before there was a Google or the Internet, the Family Album kept us young lads happy.

Personally, I preferred the swimwear section

I bet the blonde model were very popular

This a website for a Kays archive:

www.worldofkays.org

Advertisement