Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Warning: Magnet Broadband-Stay away from this Company!!!

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36 cynosure1023

degsie wrote: »
    Your 'mate' is full of guff :cool:

no no he is not pal. They do hire part of at exchange n then put their own equipment..

• Registered Users Posts: 45 newbie1001

I'm writing this post in the hope that someone looking around for a broadband provider will come across it and save them from the world of pain that is Magnet Broadband. I want to say from the beginning, that I can back everything up here, so if someone wants to PM me for specific details please do.

I have been with them for more than 5 years and recently I changed my Broadband package to 100 Mbps line and on Wi-Fi I am not getting more than 30-35 Mbps with them and all I can say is that they are a disaster of a company to deal with.

Here are the main reasons you need to avoid them:

-Their customer service is the worst I have ever come across. They are very rude on the phones including Management. From the moment I upgraded the order I have been gobsmacked at how bad everything is handled. They never switched my order and it took full week and many phone calls to get it sorted. Each time I rang I was promised someone would upgrade the package but nobody ever did. The bill was sent out with no problems at all- With NO Delays. They expect me to pay for the service which they are not providing me.

- Their Tech support is the worse. The Rudest people on Earth. They really don't seem to have any clue what is going on when you ring them. The people that answer the tech support line appear not to be the real support people - as far as I can make out. I emailed them clearly asking why the WIFI speed in the settings menu of Router restricted on the wireless router to 65 Mbps and the tech support replied me without reading the email properly and checking the screenshots that “I do believe that you were getting 35 Mbs previously. That is a fairly big jump in speed to be now getting 65 Mbs.”
    I even rang them and ask to change the speed and frequency as it seems to be greyed out for me. The tech support agent said “Oh we cannot change those settings, the only settings which you can change that’s the only option we can change”. I ask so who can? It’s a router provided by you and there should be a 2nd level team who should be able to do change these settings. She just replied “No we cannot change anything”. What a waste of time and money!
    I asked them to put me through their manger and they said that they don’t have capability to transfer the call. What kind of call centre they work in. Nobody ever called me back. The next day when I rang back they put me through the manager and the manager just lied to me saying he called me 3 times. I never got any call and no voicemails either. I wasted my whole day ringing them and waiting for the call.
    I spoke to their manager and he said “He don’t care, once they provide the equipment and you get the service” We don’t care how much speed you get once you get connected that’s their job done. So I said that I have an official complaint with Comreg then Mr. Manager goes yeah just give them this reference as I deal with them always. He sounds as he is very PROUD of it.

-Their equipment is the cheapest quality ever. At least this is what I can make out. I provided them with the facts that 3rd party router is able to get more speed 70-80 Mbps. But their equipment cannot handle the speed. I don't want to be running bleeding cables all over me gaf. Have a little kid and what if he trips over.

- Less important, but worthy of a mention nonetheless - their wireless routers they supply are appalling. They're grand if you're the type of person that simply wants to enter your Wi-Fi password and work away. But if you're someone who intends to use their broadband connection as part of a media hub forget it, you will be disappointed, it’s simply rubbish.

These are the main points.

My advice: If you are considering getting Magnet, then DO NOT go with Magnet. I promise you will regret it if you do.
    I have an Official complaint open with Comreg opened now.

While I feel your pain with Magnet, at least write your own complaint instead of copying mine: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=87935001 :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,740 ✭✭✭degsie

My advice: If you are considering getting Magnet, then DO NOT go with Magnet.

:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 36 cynosure1023

newbie1001 wrote: »
    While I feel your pain with Magnet, at least write your own complaint instead of copying mine: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=87935001 :D

was not sure where to start. u n me are in the same boat. so took urs a template. i hope ye dont mind lad :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

/thread

• Advertisement
Advertisement