Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Mercedes-Benz CLS, to buy or not to buy?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭rocky

you do realise the tax on this heap is 1,566+EUROS PER YEAR!!!

1809 even

• Registered Users Posts: 64,792 ✭✭✭✭unkel

daRobot wrote: »
    His car is in a mechanical mess in that case. I've had an extended load of a CL500 before, and it was 14-18mpg around town, and motorway 27-32.

Around the same as my 4.3 V8 lexus.

+1

That's around the same as the three automatic V8 petrol cars I own / have owned.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,840 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

1809 even
    yeah and how many people buying 8 or 9k cars, are going to give that over in one lump? is more likely they will pay by the quarter, so its 511 x 4 = a snip at E2044!!! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭serious3

having driven a diesel version a few times i would reccomend you sitting in it if you're 6ft or over, i'm 6' 1" and found that there was not as much headroom as i would have liked even with the seat down as low as it would go. feck the begrudgers, if you like and want it then go for it!

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭richardsheil

lomb wrote: »
    Probably the nicest looking Merc and frankly any kind of 4 door GT in many years. The latest CLS looks terrible in comparison. I would budget for suspension bushes, balljoints etc as they eat them apparently. The 350 has serious reliability problems on the chain potentially writing off the engine. The 500 v8 is a better bet as is the diesel.
    Running costs should be no more than brand new small engine Golf and I know which Id rather.

i had one for a while too, the most incredible car, but I think mine was developing the timing chain problem towards the end of my time with it, I still miss it though.

Have a look on backroads.ie. one guy there had that spectacular engine failure, sorry to say

• Advertisement
Advertisement