Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Fantasy Baseball (non-keeper) league 2014

Options
  • 15-02-2014 12:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,296 ✭✭✭

With spring training around the corner I guess it time to get the ball rolling on a redraft fantasy baseball league. As usual this league will be a non-keeper head to head with upto 16 teams.

List of interest from last season thread is as follows:
    smackbunnybaby
    8-10
    Benimar
    The Reservoir Dubs Anchorman
    Coeus

Those interested feel free to post here or PM me.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,546 ✭✭✭Masked Man

I'll be back as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,296 ✭✭✭Coeus

Bump...updated list.

smackbunnybaby
    8-10
    Benimar
    The Reservoir Dubs Anchorman
    Coeus
    Masked Man
    lankythecamel

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

In

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭Congoose

I'm interested too, thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,380 ✭✭✭The Reservoir Dubs Anchorman

Should be a laugh

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭BigBadRob83

Back to defend the title!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭MoyVilla9

Can someone explain how this works exactly? If I joined I would be new to fantasy games and don't even know fully what "non-keeper" league means.

MoyVilla9 wrote: »
    Can someone explain how this works exactly? If I joined I would be new to fantasy games and don't even know fully what "non-keeper" league means.
    Non-keeper is basically a redraft league so every season managers will draft new teams.

Updated list of players as follows:
    1. smackbunnybaby
    2. 8-10
    3. Benimar
    4. The Reservoir Dubs Anchorman
    5. Coeus
    6. Masked Man
    7. lankythecamel
    8. mikemac1
    9. Congoose
    10. BigBadRob83

Now there are 10 I'll reactivate the league and send invites in the next day or 2...

Oh and here are the Scoring & settings from the 2013 league. I've set the draft for March 18th but that can be decided upon later. Any suggestions for changes are welcome. I'm thinking it might be a good idea to raise the min innings limit ;)

Season Type: Full
    Draft Type: Live Standard Draft
    Draft Time: Tue Mar 18 9:00pm GMT [ Add to My Calendar ]
    Live Draft Pick Time: 1 Minute, 30 Seconds
    Max Teams: 16
    Scoring Type: Head-to-Head
    Player Universe: All baseball
    New Players Become Available: As soon as Yahoo adds them View List of Forced Players
    Max Acquisitions for Entire Season: No maximum
    Max Trades for Entire Season No maximum
    Trade Reject Time: 2
    Trade End Date: August 17, 2014
    Allow Draft Pick Trades: No
    Waiver Time: 2 days
    Waiver Type: Continual rolling list
    Waiver Mode: Standard
    Can't Cut List Provider: Yahoo Sports
    Trade Review: League Votes
    Post Draft Players: Follow Waiver Rules
    Max Acquisitions per Week: 6
    Min Innings Pitched: 7
    Weekly Deadline: Daily - Today
    Start Scoring on: Week 1
    Playoffs: Week 23, 24 and 25 (6 teams) Note: Week 25 runs 7 days from Sep 22 to Sep 28
    Playoff Reseeding: No
    Lock Eliminated Teams: Yes
    Divisions: No
    Make League Publicly Viewable: No
    Roster Positions: C, 1B, 2B, 3B, SS, OF, OF, OF, Util, Util, SP, SP, RP, RP, P, P, P, P, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, DL, NA
    Batters Stat Categories: Runs (R), Home Runs (HR), Runs Batted In (RBI), Stolen Bases (SB), Walks (BB), Batting Average (AVG)
    Pitchers Stat Categories: Wins (W), Saves (SV), Strikeouts (K), Holds (HLD), Earned Run Average (ERA), (Walks + Hits)/ Innings Pitched (WHIP)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭MoyVilla9

Great, I'm in for this if there's room.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,329 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Was this an auction draft last year? I didn't play but looking through the 2013 thread and i can see it mentioned.

nope, not an auction

Just a standard draft

Coeus wrote: »
    Any suggestions for changes are welcome. I'm thinking it might be a good idea to raise the min innings limit ;)

That aimed at anyone in particular? :D

Oh and here are the Scoring & settings from the 2013 league. I've set the draft for March 18th but that can be decided upon later. Any suggestions for changes are welcome. I'm thinking it might be a good idea to raise the min innings limit ;)

I'd like less categories. With roster sizes standard and only 10 players I think 5x5 would do best.

If we want to continue with 12 categories I'd either allow more players in the league or else increase the roster size (think Yahoo allow up to 30).

I'm not a fan of extra categories in shallow leagues. If this was an AL or NL only then it's ok but with only 10 people playing both leagues with standard roster I think 5x5 should be enough. (have a feeling most will disagree but putting it out there)

8-10 wrote: »
    I'd like less categories. With roster sizes standard and only 10 players I think 5x5 would do best.

If we want to continue with 12 categories I'd either allow more players in the league or else increase the roster size (think Yahoo allow up to 30).

I'm not a fan of extra categories in shallow leagues. If this was an AL or NL only then it's ok but with only 10 people playing both leagues with standard roster I think 5x5 should be enough. (have a feeling most will disagree but putting it out there)

I have a feeling most wont have a clue what your talking about! :D

Like the amount of categories. Wouldn't be opposed to increased roster size if number of teams is decreasing

I have a feeling most wont have a clue what your talking about! :D

If most don't have a clue then I'd argue it's unfair to include more than the standard categories. If the league is for more casual players giving it a go for a year then I'd have it as standard as possible for fairness. Either that or go completely the opposite, have an AL and NL only version with larger rosters. I don't think the middleground serves anybody.

If most don't have a clue then I'd argue it's unfair to include more than the standard categories. If the league is for more casual players giving it a go for a year then I'd have it as standard as possible for fairness. Either that or go completely the opposite, have an AL and NL only version with larger rosters. I don't think the middleground serves anybody.

Yeah I think a quick acknowledgement of general all round fantasy knowledge might not be a bad thing.

That aimed at anyone in particular? :D
    Well, you know...just to keep you on your toes ;) I'm thinking 24 innings minimum just like the keeper league :)

Yea, we set the scoring to 6x6 last season as the league is for upto 16 teams. We ended up with 14 teams and I think the depth of the waiver wire was not that shallow. Hopefully we get the 16 this season. So far we have 11 as follows:

1. smackbunnybaby
    2. 8-10
    3. Benimar
    5. Coeus
    6. Masked Man
    7. lankythecamel
    8. mikemac1
    9. Congoose
    10. BigBadRob83
    11. MoyVilla9

Ah ok sorry my bad, thought we were stopping at 10

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39 gciddy

I would be interested this year, if there is a spot for me. Cheers.

gciddy wrote: »
    I would be interested this year, if there is a spot for me. Cheers.
    Yes there is, e now have 12 as follows...

1. smackbunnybaby
    2. 8-10
    3. Benimar
    5. Coeus
    6. Masked Man
    7. lankythecamel
    8. mikemac1
    9. Congoose
    10. BigBadRob83
    11. MoyVilla9
    12. gciddy

I've reactivated the league and will send round the invites soon...

I have also created the following poll to find the time thats suits best. Since the first game in Oz starts in the AM on March 21st the poll only goes to March 20th
    http://www.doodle.com/cdihthbggfi6w4df

I've reactivated the league and will send round the invites soon...

I have also created the following poll to find the time thats suits best. Since the first game in Oz starts in the AM on March 21st the poll only goes to March 20th
    http://www.doodle.com/cdihthbggfi6w4df
    Okay there was a problem with league invites but that should now be fixed. The issue was that even though the league was reactivated from last years league (to keep the settings) with no teams, last years managers were still present in the invite section with pending invites ready to be sent. I removed these invites so the invite URL should be good now.

First games in Sydney is is Saturday March 22th so that will be Saturday morning here. Those games are included in Week 1 which will run from March 22-April 6.

Trying to get a few recruits from over in American football. Will see how it goes

16 man league is great. Though it's murder trying to get an RP as Rob takes them all!

I have a friend who wants to join. Are we still taking entrants?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,626 ✭✭✭rockonollie

Pick me....pick me!!!

Actually my mate is more interested in the Keeper League I think so I've PM'd the commish over there to see if there's a spot going, if not then next in line here please.

mikemac1 wrote: »
    Trying to get a few recruits from over in American football. Will see how it goes

16 man league is great. Though it's murder trying to get an RP as Rob takes them all!
    Depends on early you take the plunge on drafting relievers. I have increased the minimum innings to 24 so the RP only strategy may need tweaking ;)
    I have a friend who wants to join. Are we still taking entrants?
    Yes, is he on here? No problem for me having one or 2 outsiders if we need to make up the numbers. So far I have send out 11 invites and I see 8 teams registered so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭Kinda32

I'll join this again this year if there is room.. thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭No_Deal

If there's still room, I would be interested.

Did a draft a few years ago but haven't really taken fantasy that seriously, will do this year though.

Advertisement