Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Staff lay offs at Phantom

Options
12346»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,998 ✭✭✭Declan A Walsh

Infoanon wrote: »
    So TX were hiring staff.....the released line up has a lot more on air voices then originally suggested, I wonder did the BAI intervene?

The lineup for TXFM includes more Phantom presenters than we thought there would be. I know some of the staff laid off were backroom staff, but I suspect that not as many were let go as originally planned.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,590 ✭✭✭jane82

I cant find phantom anymore on the car radio. Where do I now tune my beat up old fashioned kitchen radio for some decent music I sometimes havnt heard wedged between some news and some ads?
    Do I just plug my phone into a docking station and check the net for news?
    Basically what Im asking is what way do I now position my entertainment when Im doing the dishes and cooking the dinner?Where do I put the dial marked tune?

jane82 wrote: »
    I cant find phantom anymore on the car radio. Where do I now tune my beat up old fashioned kitchen radio for some decent music I sometimes havnt heard wedged between some news and some ads?
    Do I just plug my phone into a docking station and check the net for news?
    Basically what Im asking is what way do I now position my entertainment when Im doing the dishes and cooking the dinner?Where do I put the dial marked tune?

Any reason why you cannot continue to tune in to 105.2 as previously? It's now called TXFM, as opposed to Phantom. Same station, different brandname, familiar presenters during the weekday.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,590 ✭✭✭jane82

Has it started? Great Ill give it a go thanks.

jane82 wrote: »
    Has it started? Great Ill give it a go thanks.

For the last two weeks, the station was being called 105.2, it had a couple of "caretaker" presenters and a lot of automated music. It didn't really go away, but it has a fully-fledged schedule as of this morning. Check out the other thread on this forum about TXFM's lineup.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭bbability

For the last two weeks, the station was being called 105.2, it had a couple of "caretaker" presenters and a lot of automated music. It didn't really go away, but it has a fully-fledged schedule as of this morning. Check out the other thread on this forum about TXFM's lineup.

Since Phantom is now officially gone to the history books I will now close this thread.

Continue to discuss the TXFM station on the TXFM thread.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement