Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TNA Lockdown - March 9th 2014

Options
  • 14-02-2014 7:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭

On March 9th TNA returns to PPV for the first time since the incredibly underwhelming Bound for Glory in October.

No matches have been confirmed but two are almost confirmed.

TNA World Championship
    Samoa Joe challenges the Winner of Magnus vs. Gunner on next week's Impact

Lethal Lockdown
    Team Dixie (TBA, TBA, TBA & TBA) vs. Team MVP (TBA, TBA, TBA & TBA)

If you want/dont want to see the entire card in advance, it is on Wikipedia as the shows have been recorded already. Be careful with spoilers. If you havent already read them, what do you expect to be added in the coming weeks?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

TNA World Heavyweight Championship
    champion Magnus vs. 'The Samoan Submission Machine' Samoa Joe
    lockdown1.jpg

Lethal Lockdown - Winner Gets Control of the Company
    Team Dixie ('The 'It' Factor of Professional Wrestling and Leader of the Selfish Generation' Bobby Roode, ???, ??? and ???) vs. Team MVP (MVP, Davey Richards, Eddie Edwards and ???)
    lockdown2b.jpg

TNA Knockouts Championship
    champion Madison Rayne vs. Gail Kim
    BhBYqdeCUAAHUjE.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Madison vs Gail was very good last night so I'm expecting that to be a Womens MOTYC (American, dont watch enough Joshi Puro to include it) like Gail vs Taryn last year.

Roode turning down Bad Influence was an odd choice. It's either them or the Bro Mans and Bad Influence are the far better option for such a match.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Insideandout

With the Bully Ray feud seemingly over after the casket match and judging from what went down on Impact! I'm hoping Anderson/Shaw will be added.

Gunner vs. 'Cowboy' James Storm
    lockdown4.jpg

Why cant they announce these matches on the actual show? That's two out of four that have been announced off air.

• Advertisement

I don't mind so much once they actually set it up on TV.

Kurt Angle vs. Ethan Carter III
    lockdown2d.jpg
    lockdowninfo.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

That poster of Magnus on the lockdown history makes him look very jolly indeed, Its more like the poster to a WWE film

Just added: Bad Influence and Chris Sabin vs. Tigre Uno, Seiya Sanada and The Great Muta!
    2202aa1d7b1ec1fb18c936a75fbbf4bf_L.jpg?t=943938000

Less than a year ago, Sabin was World Champion. Now he's in the filler match. Some fall from grace right there.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Muta has the charisma of a 1,000 men but his knees are made of chalk.

rovert wrote: »
    Muta has the charisma of a 1,000 men but his knees are made of chalk.

There'll be enough people around him to hide him and let him just hit his signature spots.

Mr. Anderson vs. Samuel Shaw
    lockdown5.jpg

Have to say, bar Carter vs Angle, all these matches could go either way. A couple of matches like Shaw vs Anderson and Gail vs Madison have more likely winners, but it wouldn't be a surprise if they went the other way. Compare that to Elimination Chamber where every match had an obvious winner and I don't think TNA are getting enough credit for this PPV.

TNA World Heavyweight Championship
    champion Magnus vs. 'The Samoan Submission Machine' Samoa Joe
    ppv1.jpg

Lethal Lockdown - Winner Gets Control of Wrestling Operations
    Team Dixie ('The 'It' Factor of Professional Wrestling and Leader of the Selfish Generation' Bobby Roode, 'The Greatest Man That Ever Lived' Austin Aries and the TNA World Tag Team Champions The BroMans (Jessie Godderz and Robbie E)) vs. Team MVP (MVP, Davey Richards, Eddie Edwards and 'Charismatic Enigma' Jeff Hardy)
    ppv2.jpg

Kurt Angle vs. Ethan Carter III
    ppv3.jpg

TNA Knockouts Championship
    champion Madison Rayne vs. Gail Kim
    ppv4.jpg

Samuel Shaw vs. Mr.Anderson
    ppv5.jpg

Last Man Standing
    James Storm vs. Gunner
    ppv6a.jpg

Manik vs. Tigre Uno
    ppv7.jpg

Bad Influence ('Fallen Angel' Christopher Daniels and Kazarian) and Chris Sabin vs. Great Muta & X Division champion Seiya Sanada & Yasufumi Nakanoue
    2202aa1d7b1ec1fb18c936a75fbbf4bf_L.jpg?t=943938000

Had a feeling something like that might happen. I reckon he will be there, but the match wont happen. Pre match attack or something.

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    Had a feeling something like that might happen. I reckon he will be there, but the match wont happen. Pre match attack or something.

Match is officially off and EC3 will still wrestle at Lockdown (I'd do him vs. EY). Dewey and Norv are probably celebrating a potential PPV slot now. ;)

Match is officially off and EC3 will still wrestle at Lockdown (I'd do him vs. EY). Dewey and Norv are probably celebrating a potential PPV slot now. ;)

I'd actually go with Abyss and have it be for the TV title. Abyss just destroys him and ends up throwing him through the cage door to hand him the win. Abyss still looks like a monster while the title goes to someone who could use it.

I'm going to give it a shot at making predictions:

STEEL CAGE WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP
    Magnus vs. Samoa Joe
    I'm not at all sure about this one, but Joe has been left standing tall in almost all of their meetings. Usually that means he is losing. Magnus has done well in his reign so far and deserves to hold it for another while. The problem will be how to keep Joe looking strong until June if he loses here.

STEEL CAGE LETHAL LOCKDOWN
    Team MVP (MVP, Jeff Hardy and The Wolves) vs. Team Dixie (Bobby Roode, Austin Aries, The BroMans)
    Another one that can go either way, but I'm going with Team Dixie due to the Roode aspect. It has been mentioned a lot, so it would be a waste not to follow up on it. Add in the fact that Aries is only helping in order to get some of that power and it would be a lot more interesting. MVP can take power later in the year. Reckon Bully Ray will get involved for Team Dixie.

STEEL CAGE KNOCKOUTS CHAMPIONSHIP
    Madison Rayne vs. Gail Kim
    Wouldnt be surprised if Gail won, but Madison has only recently won the title, and has quite a few potential opponents after Gail. Gail doesnt have anywhere near as much going on.

STEEL CAGE MATCH: LAST MAN STANDING
    Gunner vs. "Cowboy" James Storm
    Dont think it will end after only the one meeting, so Storm screwing over Gunner makes sense.

STEEL CAGE MATCH
    Mr. Anderson vs. Samuel Shaw
    Hemme provides the distraction, but Shaw comes out looking better for it. They'll go again in the near future so Shaw can get his win then.

STEEL CAGE MATCH
    Manik vs. Tigre Uno
    Random match with a guy who hasnt been seen in months and a debuting guy who has been getting hype videos. One of the few sure things.

STEEL CAGE MATCH
    Bad Influence & Chris Sabin vs. The Great Muta, Sanada and Nakanoue
    Sabin and Bad Influence have done nothing lately, while Muta is a massive name. Team Wrestle-1 gets the win.

STEEL CAGE MATCH
    Ethan Carter III vs. TBA
    Doesnt matter who it is, Carter will be winning. I'm expecting Eric Young, but hoping for Abyss with the TV title on the line. Not enough titles are being defended right now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

EC3 with the TV Title could be good actually.

A reminder, the Americans changed their clocks last night so this show starts at 12am Irish time tonight instead of the usual 1. Also EC3 issued an open challenge to anybody on the roster.

I know Challenge wants to keep the first airing for prime time TV but the fact India can watch this live and we can't is a bit crap. Establish when Borash will say TNA Lockdown is trending in the UK.
    A reminder, the Americans changed their clocks last night so this show starts at 12am Irish time tonight instead of the usual 1. Also EC3 issued an open challenge to anybody on the roster.

What's the word, MF?

Norv, Abyss losing and defending the title, not booking on the indies today AJ Styles or Kurt Angle fighting against the pain?

What's the word, MF?

Norv, Abyss losing and defending the title, not booking on the indies today AJ Styles or Kurt Angle fighting against the pain?

Eric Young is about the only face on the roster not booked on the show and he is in Miami. Or we could get the long awaited return of Rob Terry.

Eric Young is about the only face on the roster not booked on the show and he is in Miami. Or we could get the long awaited return of Rob Terry.

Kurt Angle/TNA is one of the more interesting stories in Wrestling at moment for me. If you remember Angle lost his temper backstage over EC3 laying him out the second time in two weeks at the London tapings. Overall he seemed to be mentally checked out on TNA in his FSM and Powerslam interviews and seems bonded with WWE due to them putting him threw rehab. He cited Billy Gunn and Road Dogg as inspirations. Implying I guess he is now clean and wants a cushing gig with WWE.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

TNA would seriously want to hire better people to design their posters, I've seen pirate dvds with better photoshop

• Registered Users Posts: 3,911 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

Just clocked that Sam Shaw is SRS-Jericho with a fetishistic slant. That took an embarrassingly long amount of time. Eh, I like him, and the gimmick's different, given its edge, but it's got a few kinks to sort out.

Impact is starting to seem like something worth watching again. The company as a whole is properly on the cusp of creating an atmosphere about it again, similar to it in late-'09 or its run from late-'11 to mid-'12; it's a welcome sight, considering the consensus is that this is a company readying to sell.

I'm just hoping against all hope that the Dixie crew don't pull an A&8s/Immortal/Kings of Wrestling/SeX/MeM and arbitrarily drag out a power-feud 'til BFG 'cause that's 'how it's done'. It established Magnus, he can have his little faction and it can just be a wrestling-thing, instead of teasing that line constantly.

On the swerve front lots of people think Samoa Joe will turn for some reason, Mr. Saturn.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,173 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

krudler wrote: »
    TNA would seriously want to hire better people to design their posters, I've seen pirate dvds with better photoshop

They're not that bad :pac:

• Advertisement

krudler wrote: »

They're usually perfectly adequate, just extraordinarily unimaginative.
    Kurt Angle/TNA is one of the more interesting stories in Wrestling at moment for me. If you remember Angle lost his temper backstage over EC3 laying him out the second time in two weeks at the London tapings. Overall he seemed to be mentally checked out on TNA in his FSM and Powerslam interviews and seems bonded with WWE due to them putting him threw rehab. He cited Billy Gunn and Road Dogg as inspirations. Implying I guess he is now clean and wants a cushing gig with WWE.

I think TNA knows it too and just want to get as much out of him before his contract expires. Even if he wanted to stay, he'd probably be asked to take a pay cut aswell anyway which he may not like. It's interesting, in the last year TNA have lost RVD, Mickie James, Sting, Hulk Hogan and AJ Styles and their TV rating is still the same. It just goes to show how little anybody really means in TNA because the rating should really fall with the departure of that level of star power.

Advertisement