Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post a picture of your chicken coop and run

Options
  • 14-02-2014 12:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭

Just thought it would be a good idea to start a thread with Pictures of Chicken Coops and runs.... To help give each other advice and ideas about keeping chickens....

I will post another picture after I remove the stones and put in sand....

293925.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭El Kabong!

Image057Medium.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭bluecherry74

This is mine:

8734190979_7a3673f32a_z.jpg

El Kabong! What is yours covered with? I'm thinking of covering mine for next winter as it turned into a mudbath with all the rain, but I'm worried it'll get too hot in there for the chickens.

• Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭El Kabong!

@bluecherry74: Hi, it's covered in 4 large polycarbonate sheets that I got in B&Q. I think they were about 40 each but well worth it!

I screw them down with coach bolts, and large washers, being careful not to tighten too much. They have never budged or ripped. They are yellowing a bit but I don't mind that.

During the winter we let them all to forage in the veggie garden.

It's open on all sides so no way it can get hot.

• Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭bluecherry74

Thanks, I was thinking along the lines of perspex but polycarbonate sounds the job. I'll look into something like that.

Mine have been foraging in the veg patch all winter too. They've done a great job of keep the earth manured and turned over. :D

Advertisement