Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Shale gas was always a myth?

• 14-02-2014 7:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 32

Everyone knows that proved energy reserves are the basis to start work for any energy company. But recently I've studied the shale gas euphoria and I found a lot of interesting things about that. The most shocking fact is that shale gas reserves never exceeded FOUR bcm! It's a few more than 2% of global proved gas reserves. Not enough for energy revolution, don't you think so? You ask me why then everybody speaks about that and that's a good question. The point is that energy companies involved in shale gas production are the interested party and that's why they paid shale gas surveys and purposely inflated the figures to fool you and me. They always told us about the potential reserves, not actual ones, like they got billions cubic meter of gas they can provide us with. Companies gave us hope for a brighter future where we will have cheap shale gas energy, but in fact they fooled us. In the nearest future we will continue using oil and gas because it will stay the only reliable source of energy no matter what shale gas lobbyists say.

but some reports says there is huge volume of shale gas is available in UK. last year june British Geological Survey reported that a volume of 1,300 trillion cubic feet (tcf) of shale gas in the Bowland Basin and beyond covering 11 counties in northern England. ( here is the source: ) .... but one thing is they can not confirm whether we can extract that shale gas or not ... and researches are still conducting surveys to get the clear idead ,....

Advertisement