Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

M4A1? Which one?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40 TBGamer

You didn't mention much about the CYMA. I'm asking for a comparison.

Or can you recommend an AEG rifle for £200?

or £230

How is the G&G AEG GC16 Raider-L

G&P AEG M4A1 Carbine

or

G&G AEG GC16 Raider-L

or

Ares M4A1 Carbine (Electronic Trigger) Black AEG

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭ShRT

What are your reasons for each?
    Plenty of reviews on youtube on each to help you make up your mind.

I really like the look of the G&G but all reviews say their not good internally. Same with G&P.

Does anyone know a really good M4 for £200-250.

with the best features such as Weight, Metal construction, Metal internals/Best internals, best for airsoft, most realistic and all the good stuff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

TBGamer wrote: »
    Does anyone know a really good M4 for £200-250.

with the best features such as Weight, Metal construction, Metal internals/Best internals, best for airsoft, most realistic and all the good stuff.

Chap at that price there nearly all the same ,
    Use the same internals mostly ,with one or two small differences,
    If your going to actually skirmish the gun/s you will end up wanting to change the gears ,replace the inner barrel and hop up and probably the motor at somestage ,

So which is the best out the box?

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭ShRT

The cheapest

And why is that? I would think the more expensive one will be better.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Foxhole Norman

The G&G would probably be the best. The internals of their Raider range are fantastic and often used as the basis of many upgraded rifles.

• Advertisement

I dont really like blowback on AEG guns. But is it true that the TR16 range has better internals than the GC16. which is better out of the two?

G&P AEG M4A1 Carbine

vs

G&G AEG TR16 Carbine / Ranger

vs

G&G AEG GC16 Carbine / G&G AEG GC16 Raider-L

If you had a choice of any of them which one would you get and why? I have looked everywhere for comparisons and no one gives a direct answer...

I need one that will last a long time. Feels great and heavy / realistic. Has very good internals and externals, and so on.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭Southern Dandy

While I understand you are cautious about buying an aeg, just buy one. Every persons opinion varies, some love G&G and not G&P, some hate G&G and love ARES, you are essentially on a merry-go-round of opinions. Look up youtube reviews of each.

Which one appeals to you more, regarding things like looks, what it has to offer etc....Loads of people have given you their two cents on these but it does not seem to make a difference too you. Am not saying this being harsh to you, honestly, but bite the bullet. All above brands you have asked about are of an excellent pedigree within airsoft. But you can't expect people to answer the same kind of question repeatedly.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,438 ✭✭✭✭thermo

why not build one from scratch, you could build something really nice for £250, being able to cherry pick the parts you want making it look and perform the way you want and above all would be a great learning exercise.

Sounds good but can you just tell me which one you'd pick? If you were new?

G&P AEG M4A1 Carbine

vs

vs

TBGamer wrote: »
    Sounds good but can you just tell me which one you'd pick? If you were new?

G&P AEG M4A1 Carbine

vs

vs

none of the above,each has their strong and weak points and whats the point on spending that ammount of money on a complete m4 only to spend more money to rectify weak points when m4 parts are so cheap and easily availible, its cheaper to build one from scratch.
    you can build a good m4 with decent performance with all new parts for less than €150 (if you get lucky with customs).

• Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

thermo wrote: »
    none of the above,each has their strong and weak points and whats the point on spending that ammount of money on a complete m4 only to spend more money to rectify weak points when m4 parts are so cheap and easily availible, its cheaper to build one from scratch.
    you can build a good m4 with decent performance with all new parts for less than €150 (if you get lucky with customs).

He's in the UK Thermo, so he wont. HMRC are very much on the ball unfortunately.

TBGamer; just pick one that seems good to you and roll with it. There is always the chance that you pick the what-am-best-gun AEG model and just happen to get one that's a lemon and doesn't work. So seriously, just f*cking pick one. You've been given more than a few thoughts on the various ones you've listed. If you're still not satisfied, google is your friend for finding reviews about each to make a better informed decision.

and to throw a spanner in the mix, im wondering why the OP has failed to look at the VFC E-series????

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭Southern Dandy

thermo wrote: »
    and to throw a spanner in the mix, im wondering why the OP has failed to look at the VFC E-series????

Why Thermo???? Whhhhhhhhhhy! :)

Why Thermo???? Whhhhhhhhhhy! :)

because i can???

Advertisement