Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RIP Flappy Bird

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

What's the point of taking it down? Anyone who has it will still have it and I'm sure the .apk is floating around many places.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭keith16

36 is my high score. Meh.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,370 ✭✭✭Phoebas

The developer said he was taking it down because he "can't take it anymore". :confused:
    Seems like just a publicity ploy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,684 ✭✭✭waynegalway

EGriff wrote: »
    What's the point of taking it down? Anyone who has it will still have it and I'm sure the .apk is floating around many places.

True. I guess it might put an end to the developer bring contacted through the playstore, though. From what I've read, he's been bombarded.

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭shot2go

i got 26!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,370 ✭✭✭Phoebas

True. I guess it might put an end to the developer bring contacted through the playstore, though. From what I've read, he's been bombarded.

Most indie game devs would be delighted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭Absoluvely

He's making $50,000 per day from it. I suspect he's not actually going to pull the plug.

It's just a ploy to get as many downloads as possible in the next week.
    If the developer was truelly peeved, he would simply have had it removed without the fanfare.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,558 ✭✭✭Ionised

One report stated he'd got a letter from Nintendo but they denied threatening to take any action.

I've been banned from playing around with it in work as people are getting fed up with the repeated cursing :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

How exactly is he making 50,000 a day from it? Ridiculously inflated figure imo. No way on this green Earth is he getting that from advertising revenue.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55,462 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Ionised wrote: »
    One report stated he'd got a letter from Nintendo but they denied threatening to take any action.

I've been banned from playing around with it in work as people are getting fed up with the repeated cursing :D

You could change your sig.

quit-smoking-banner.php?key=1146

I've been flappy-free for:
    2 days 3 hours 12 minutes.
    Saved hair: most of it.
    Curses avoided: 4,329

Mr E wrote: »
    You could change your sig.

I've been flappy-free for:
    2 days 3 hours 12 minutes.
    Saved hair: most of it.
    Curses avoided: 4,329

Not the worst idea.
    I'll just stick to Hill Climb Racing from now on...equal amount of cursing but I last much longer.

In response to the poster above in regards ad revenue. With the number of time it has been downloaded the figure quoted doesn't seem too outlandish

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10 janvankul

Who is flappy bird?

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭2thousand14

supposed to be taken down at 5pm this evening

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Ionised wrote: »
    Not the worst idea.
    I'll just stick to Hill Climb Racing from now on...equal amount of cursing but I last much longer.

In response to the poster above in regards ad revenue. With the number of time it has been downloaded the figure quoted doesn't seem too outlandish

Is it just click through advertising on it? (I have ad blocker so I don't see them) Amazing if the figures quoted really are correct.

I look forward to flappy bird 2 where the birds fly through some other inanimate objects that look suspiciously like something from another game.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Heathen

its just the same as this helicopter game is it not?

http://dailybelch.com/chopper/

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

Absoluvely wrote: »
    He's making $50,000 per day from it. I suspect he's not actually going to pull the plug.

This nonsense has to stop.

He is NOT making $50k per day from it. The advertising company is making most of the money, and Google too. He is making a good amount of money from it, but it sure as hell isn't that much.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 665 ✭✭✭philthrill69

47 son wut wut! ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

It looks like he did take it down, I can still see it if I search because I have it installed but its not in the top free games list and it was at no.1 a few days ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭MoodeRator

Was it not just updated and renamed to Flappy Wings??

• Advertisement

MoodeRator wrote: »
    Was it not just updated and renamed to Flappy Wings??

Think that one is a clone. It was listed before the main one was pulled.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,353 ✭✭✭coldfire1x

This is really funny :) See some of the comments in the ads.

http://www.adverts.ie/for-sale/q_flappy+birds/

• Registered Users Posts: 4 corar_xx

Looks like it's going to be pulled from playstore.

So what was your highest score? I managed 20.

http://www.androidauthority.com/flappy-bird-taken-down-dev-doing-more-games-343824/

Hmm my high score was 63...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Did any body elese hear the creater of flappy birds shot himself. What ever was going through his head was not money anyway. Supposedly he was making loads from ads and then pulls game and shoots himself. R.I.P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,170 ✭✭✭irishchris

Did any body elese hear the creater of flappy birds shot himself. What ever was going through his head was not money anyway. Supposedly he was making loads from ads and then pulls game and shoots himself. R.I.P

Fake
    http://urbanlegends.about.com/od/Fake-News/ss/Did-the-Creator-of-Flappy-Bird-Commit-Suicide-No-Its-Satire.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

irishchris wrote: »

Oh right. Well I suppose that is a good outcome. But still a mystery why he pulled such a popular game?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭GvidoR

Download "Flappy Doge". It's the same thing, even better actually. :D

My high score is 12, heheh.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭Carpenter

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,445 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

I have the .apk if anyone wants it?

Advertisement