Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Metal Gear Solid 5 (Ground Zeros] ....completed in 2 HOURS!

Options
1101112131416»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Fultan a jeep???? Ha ha ha :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

wow thats a PC announcement if ever I saw one !!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Just give us the release date! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

Niiiice.... metal gear on PC is awesome... guess the PS4 will no longer definitive edition.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,021 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

iNkezjPLMu01d.gif

Hope this works, posting from my phone.

• Advertisement

Kojima has released new ... well ... not gonna spoil anything so click the video if you want. It's reveals something about the character Quiet.

• Registered Users Posts: 906 ✭✭✭Randall Floyd

Nanomachines...son?

It better not be nanomachines :p
    That stuff ruined parts of MGS4's story.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

nanomachines have always being involved

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

Kojima needs an editor. I already know he's going to retcon more sophisticated technology into this game than were in the future games but if this ones goes more OTT than all the previous in terms of the supernatural element I'll be sad. Long gone are the days of MGS1 which was semi grounded in reality.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

Well the degree to which they were used in 4 ruined it. Also I don't think they were involved in 3.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,495 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Starting the Ground Zeroes game tonight. I saw the iDroid app for your phone, worth syncing up to the game or is it just fluff?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,826 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

There's nanomachines. And then there's MGS4 nanomachines used as a lazy deus ex machina to close every plothole.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,255 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Starting the Ground Zeroes game tonight. I saw the iDroid app for your phone, worth syncing up to the game or is it just fluff?

It is fairly handy, as it essentially acts as your map. It only shows enemies you've marked with the binoculars, but it'll also start giving you their patrol routes once they've walked it a bit.

You definitely won't make things harder by not using it, but it'll make things a bit easier alright.

Penn wrote: »
    It is fairly handy, as it essentially acts as your map. It only shows enemies you've marked with the binoculars, but it'll also start giving you their patrol routes once they've walked it a bit.

You definitely won't make things harder by not using it, but it'll make things a bit easier alright.

Thanks man, 1 more thing. The Mother Base on it, is there 1 base that you start building in the app and can add to it by playing GZ or are there 2 bases, 1 for offline App only play and 1 for building through GZ?

Thanks man, 1 more thing. The Mother Base on it, is there 1 base that you start building in the app and can add to it by playing GZ or are there 2 bases, 1 for offline App only play and 1 for building through GZ?

First one. It's one base within the app but doing certain things in GZ unlocks things for your Mother Base app. I never really bothered with it though bar a quick squizz when I first got it, so can't give you much info myself on it.

First one. It's one base within the app but doing certain things in GZ unlocks things for your Mother Base app. I never really bothered with it though bar a quick squizz when I first got it, so can't give you much info myself on it.

Cool, Just asking as I saw something on yootoob about being able to sync your Mother Base from your app to MGS V to unlock stuff. Not sure how legit that is but might be a nice way of getting a leg up on starting from scratch.

Cool, Just asking as I saw something on yootoob about being able to sync your Mother Base from your app to MGS V to unlock stuff. Not sure how legit that is but might be a nice way of getting a leg up on starting from scratch.

Well I've heard that extracting prisoners & certain enemies in Ground Zeroes can unlock them for use in Mother Base in the Phantom Pain, but I would have thought it would do it through your save game (or migrating your save game from PS3 to PS4 for example) rather than going through the app, as I believe a new companion app is coming for TPP.

Cleared GZ in just over 2 hours, rank D. The 14 retries didn't help that. 0 kills and 1 enemy combat alert (I made a crazy dash for the coast at the end, retried way too many times going the silent route taking Paz out) Would have been sickened to pay 40 quid for that but was great as a PS+ game. Went in completely blind and took an arseways route to Chico but some great mechanics in it, brilliant ending.

I found a random prisoner but dumped him when it got too hot around me.

As for Paz......where.......where was the other one.... :(

Also, I'm a big fan of Kiefer Sutherland but seriously missed Hayter in this. Kept waiting for Snake to say 'Dammit Chloe!'

Definitely will play through it again to see what I missed.

Would have been sickened to pay 40 quid for that but was great as a PS+ game.

It's really the side missions that help increase the value of it. They're more varied and require different approaches (and most happen during the day to increase the challenge). Even then I wouldn't be sure if it was worth €40, but as indicated by the thread title, people's complaints that it could be completed in 2 hours completely disregards the side missions and doing the secret stuff (like extracting all prisoners etc).

I'd definitely suggest playing through again or playing the side missions. First playthrough takes a bit of getting used to due to the new controls and game mechanics. Once you get used to them the game really opens up.

• Advertisement

Yeah, the side ops sound very interesting. By the time I got to Paz, I had the mechanics down. getting to Chico, I was still very much stumbling around the place. I interrogated a guy for a sniper rifle position but never went looking for it.

Aw man, had no intention of getting MGS V (on launch) but this is after throwing a curve ball at me.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

I'd definitely suggest playing through again or playing the side missions. First playthrough takes a bit of getting used to due to the new controls and game mechanics. Once you get used to them the game really opens up.

You need the 9 XOF badges (all 9 in one mission playthrough) to unlock the 2 bonus missions. Rescuing Chico & Paz unlocks the rest.
    Here is a vid on the XOF badges locations

BTW I got a code with Ground Zeroes. Do I use that when I get Phantom Pain or what? :confused:

Aaahhh, found 1 badge on my playthrough, was wondering about the other 2 missions. Apparently I have 6% of the game completed so a bit left in it yet :)

ERG89 wrote: »
    BTW I got a code with Ground Zeroes. Do I use that when I get Phantom Pain or what? :confused:

From Konami's site:
    The first-print release of METAL GEAR SOLID V: GROUND ZEROES will include a KONAMI Core Registration Code for those who purchased it within the United States, Canada, and Latin America. Upon entering this code, you will be able to retrieve exclusive DLC for METAL GEAR SOLID V: THE PHANTOM PAIN upon its release by accessing your vault within the KONAMI Core Website. PS3 users will receive a DLC Code that will allow them to download an exclusive trailer for METAL GEAR SOLID V: THE PHANTOM PAIN. We highly recommend that you view this trailer upon completion of METAL GEAR SOLID V: GROUND ZEROES.

For those who purchased METAL GEAR SOLID V: GROUND ZEROES outside of the regions specified above (i.e. Europe) — the code provided within will not be valid until METAL GEAR SOLID V: THE PHANTOM PAIN is released. Please store this code in a safe location and redeem it upon the release of METAL GEAR SOLID V: THE PHANTOM PAIN.

For those who had purchased the game digitally, regardless of region, the entitlement to the DLC received from registering the game via KONAMI Core will be linked to either your PlayStation or Xbox Live account – METAL GEAR SOLID V: THE PHANTOM PAIN will check that the game is in your purchase history, and will grant rights to that DLC when the game is released.

So I guess it unlocks something for The Phantom Pain. Maybe some items or Mother Base stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,660 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

Downloaded this for Xbox One. Didn't have to pay a cent for it due to Games With Gold :D

Advertisement