Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ben Gilroy steps down as leader of DDI, even bigger lunatic replaces him

Options
  • 04-02-2014 10:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,547 ✭✭✭

It seems Ben of the ancient clan Gilroy has stepped down from his lofty position at the head of Direct Democracy Ireland - presumably to spend more time on his wacko legal theories with his "freeman on the land" pals.

Into the breach to take his place is the wonderfully named (and clearly sane) Jaan Van de Ven, who's public utterences has lately incuded such gems as this piece of work, and the video below...

DDI, we hardly knew ye! :pac:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

He sounds like a Bond villain.

Bond: I've captured you naw, your plansh to take down the legal system hash been foiled, Mistah Van de Ven.

Jaan Van de Ven: I do not consent to this.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

he's got incredible hair though

• Registered Users Posts: 22,252 ✭✭✭✭endacl

I anticipate much comedy. I approve this move.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Santa's gone crazy :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,537 ✭✭✭Gyalist

I met a member of the DDI executive a few months back. He's a guy that I played sports with years ago but had lost track of him until he came to the club after the big DDI Budget demonstration outside the Dail. He was in a very hyper state which he put down to having been involved in running battles with some other group which tried to hijack the demonstration.

Some of the stuff he came out with was just priceless. He's in negative equity and hasn't paid his mortgage in years but he charges the bank for every letter that they send to him and claims that at this stage the bank owes him over €200k!

I'd say their committee meetings are hilarious if some of the things he came out with are the policies of DDI.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 202 ✭✭Aestivalis

DDI? Never heard of them I dont think. Is that the party boards.ie tried to set up a while back?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

Gyalist wrote: »
    I met a member of the DDI executive a few months back. He's a guy that I played sports with years ago but had lost track of him until he came to the club after the big DDI Budget demonstration outside the Dail. He was in a very hyper state which he put down to having been involved in running battles with some other group which tried to hijack the demonstration.

Some of the stuff he came out with was just priceless. He's in negative equity and hasn't paid his mortgage in years but he charges the bank for every letter that they send to him and claims that at this stage the bank owes him over €200k!

I'd say their committee meetings are hilarious if some of the things he came out with are the policies of DDI.

what ever about not paying mortgage if you don't have money....what's the logic behind this stroke of genius?:confused::confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,537 ✭✭✭Gyalist

what ever about not paying mortgage if you don't have money....what's the logic behind this stroke of genius?:confused::confused:

I can't really remember exactly but it was something to do with the law of contract. I think that the bank might have started proceedings against him and he was making a counterclaim.

• Registered Users Posts: 874 ✭✭✭JohnFalstaff

Gyalist wrote: »
    I can't really remember exactly but it was something to do with the law of contract. I think that the bank might have started proceedings against him and he was making a counterclaim.

Contract law as practised by the Marx Brothers?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

his counter claim is to charge the bank for sending him letters???:pac::pac:

that will never work!!!(if this new guy really is santa -he'll be minted)

it's a pity that DDI was a good idea on paper....how do these dopes always get together and make themselves look more stupid than they are
    are they the same as them freeman that used be floating around making up their own laws a while back???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,252 ✭✭✭FTA69

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aGcrX457a74

Click the above link to see DDI's Campaign Song to the tune of Sinatra's New York, New York.

It's actually worse than the Holocaust.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 953 ✭✭✭donegal__road

I like this guy.. I'd totally vote for him!

hard to ignore the tribal drums in the background though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭strobe

I don't know anything about this guy apart from the fact he has a beard and a funny name, but what exactly did he say in the video posted that's meant to be crazy?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,436 ✭✭✭c_man

I do not consent to anyone reading this post. If you have done so, you owe me E100.

• Registered Users Posts: 660 ✭✭✭Moomat

c_man wrote: »
    I do not consent to anyone reading this post. If you have done so, you owe me E100.

Ball0x, I read it twice.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,252 ✭✭✭✭endacl

C of the family Man?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,380 ✭✭✭✭Banjo String

Hasn't he his sights set on becoming an MEP now though?

It's also interesting to note that Ben Gilroy was singled out of a group of 200+ people for his contempt of court charges. Scapegoat? Political assassination?

I'm not necessarily a DDI voter or supporter, but it would seem someone is on a mission to keep him busy. It would be interesting if he got voted to an MEP role. It would put a cat among the pigeons if nothing else.

Edit.

Yep. Found this with a quick Google.
    Menu

Machholz's BlogWhat is truth?

Messagge from Ben Gilroy (leader of Direct Democracy)

Ben Gilroy

PLEASE SHARE:
    Dear friends & supporters,
    Because of the constant untruthful attacks in media in particular RTE and a Labour loving DJ with LMFM and now the court attack from the State, the Gardaí, Anglo Irish Bank and their receivers and senior legal teams, it has become necessary for me to step aside as . The constant abuse of process and late filing of affidavits on the night before the hearings, is a clever ploy to delay the court case and keep meoccupied in a frivolous court battle up to the elections.
    It is just not possible for me to lead the party while the elections are on the horizon, so while it has become necessary for me to step down as leader I fully intend to stand as an MEP candidate in the coming election in May
    While a small few within the party are delighted to see me step down, as they said I have become toxic, I still enjoyed overwhelming support from the majority of the party. To them I take this opportunity to thank them for all their support. To the few of which I no longer have their support I would like to say that I accept their stance and bear them no malice.
    Direct Democracy was really set up to challenge a corrupt system where the rights of the people were put aside to protect corporate corrupt entities that have ruined this country. I constantly attacked the system and the system attacked back and a few of the DDI members believed the attacks, one went as far as to say I broke the law. Even the system didn’t find me guilty before a trial.
    RTE did a hatchet job in a pathetic primetime programme that was cut in a very construed way to give a false impression of my character. RTE must remember they are a state broadcaster not a broadcaster for a corrupt state.
    Anglo Irish Bank and its cronies had the audacity to go to court to secure an arrest warrant for my arrest and claim that I broke some law, kettle calling the pot black comes to mind. On false evidence Gardaí broke into my home early in the morning and with the alarm screaming my wife was on the landing pleading with the Gardaí not to come upstairs as we had young children in the house. My young children aged 1, 5 and 9 had to witness their father being arrested and taken from their home for these corrupt bastards in Anglo Irish Bank and their legal cronies who can go to state supported courts where they weave magic and make wrong appear right.
    But to my solid supporters who get it, make no doubt “I haven’t gone away” and I will stand in Europe to air my views and stand up for the rights of the people. Not one of our elected politicians has the gonads to tell Europe where to go when forcing us to pay gamblers on the stock exchange.
    End of rant hope to see all my supporters in court soon and then let the battle for Europe commence.
    BEN GILROY

Taken from http://thepressnet.com/2014/02/03/messagge-from-ben-gilroy-leader-of-direct-democracy/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,347 ✭✭✭No Pants

House - free.
    Letters - cost a fortune to read apparently.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

But they've saying for ages that their chairman was someone called Jeff Rudd. Has Mr. Gilroy been running the show from behind the scenes this whole time, like some demented puppet master?

Astonishing stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,715 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

Agreed.

Cheque is in the post, also I include an invoice for 100 euro if you decide to receive it.:cool:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,560 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

But they've saying for ages that their chairman was someone called Jeff Rudd. Has Mr. Gilroy been running the show from behind the scenes this whole time, like some demented puppet master?

Astonishing stuff.
    Rudd is the chairman, still. His contributions to the internet are, eh, interesting if you care to Google. The Wikipedia edit war concerning DDI is also quite hilarious. All kinds of allegations of shadowy forces at work.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,574 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

I thought Ben Gilroy had died in Mexico.

I'll have to go back and watch Season 4 again now...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,227 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

It's interesting that he stopped quoting the Declaration of Independence just before the sentence which stated that prudently Governments which are longstanding (meaning systems of government rather than individual governments) should not be set aside easily but only when the grievances are sufficiently great to warrant their overthrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Hasn't he his sights set on becoming an MEP now though?

It's also interesting to note that Ben Gilroy was singled out of a group of 200+ people for his contempt of court charges. Scapegoat? Political assassination?

I'm not necessarily a DDI voter or supporter, but it would seem someone is on a mission to keep him busy. It would be interesting if he got voted to an MEP role. It would put a cat among the pigeons if nothing else.

Edit.

Yep. Found this with a quick Google.

Taken from http://thepressnet.com/2014/02/03/messagge-from-ben-gilroy-leader-of-direct-democracy/

Would be interesting to see what he perceives as attacks on him from the State, Gardai, Anglo Irish, liquidators and senior legal teams.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,445 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

Astonishing stuff.
    This has flummoxed me too. Before xmas Jeff Rudd (the then new chairman of DDI) announced "a present to the people of Ireland...". His words btw, and went on to declare DDI the only true democratic party in Ireland because they had replaced the 5man "permanent" board.

Gilroy was gone and now in Feb and on his "months mind" he popped back up again from the grave as the leader, briefly, just to be replaced as leader by Jan the Spaceman.

Nutty, nutty, nutty.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,068 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Hey.. why was my previous post removed? :pac:

Some ranting by your man Jeff Rudd here - http://www.theruddsite.com/direct.html

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,560 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

Hey.. why was my previous post removed? :pac:

Some ranting by your man Jeff Rudd here - http://www.theruddsite.com/direct.html
    Sideshow Bob: "Tell them they'll live to regret this"

Cecil: "You'll live to regret this!"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭scheister

i see they are running 3 people in the locals in Drogheda Anthony Connor , Jeff Rudd,Ronan Mooney as well as ben gilroy it appears running in the Europeans will be interesting to see how they poll to see weather the bye-election was a fluke or the start of something

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

humberklog wrote: »
    This has flummoxed me too. Before xmas Jeff Rudd (the then new chairman of DDI) announced "a present to the people of Ireland...". His words btw, and went on to declare DDI the only true democratic party in Ireland because they had replaced the 5man "permanent" board.

Gilroy was gone and now in Feb and on his "months mind" he popped back up again from the grave as the leader, briefly, just to be replaced as leader by Jan the Spaceman.

Nutty, nutty, nutty.

The more I heard about this party, and it's chairmen/leader(s?), I think that it's run by unhinged nincoompoops. One hopes that the people of Ireland never suffer the indignity of having being represented by a member of Direct Democracy Ireland.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,331 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

Robbo wrote: »
    Rudd is the chairman, still. His contributions to the internet are, eh, interesting if you care to Google. The Wikipedia edit war concerning DDI is also quite hilarious. All kinds of allegations of shadowy forces at work.

Rudd has a noble spirit.

Advertisement