Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick FC 2014

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,221 ✭✭✭A_Sober_Paddy

osarusan wrote: »
    Official Supporters Club saying on Facebook that season tickets cover the game.

Perfect:)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭Jofspring

Ya just saw the club saying it. Fair play, most clubs don't allow it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,221 ✭✭✭A_Sober_Paddy

Jofspring wrote: »
    Ya just saw the club saying it. Fair play, most clubs don't allow it.

Bit surprised myself, just needed to know as I'm working till late Monday...anyone know kickoff time? Assume its 7.45

• Registered Users Posts: 16,577 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

Yes, 7.45.

I am still buzzing anyway.

Moments from last night going through my mind all day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,723 ✭✭✭pappyodaniel

Was nice to hear the Limerick fans so vocal up in The Showgrounds. They made a great atmosphere at the game and seemed to enjoy themselves after.

• Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭Left Back on the Bench

Any idea where and when tickets go on sale?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,370 ✭✭✭banjobongo

hi guys,
    I have some questions, any feedback would be great!

1/re buying tickets from the Market Fields today, is it cash only or can you use a debit/credit card?
    2/after we had 2 matches broadcast on RTE, are the Club going to get income from RTE, in other words will the CLub be making extra money for the club to invest back into the Club for the next season?
    3/lastly, on the Academy, the players train (were training) in the back pitch in Hogan Park, but there is no floodlighting there, does anybody know when the floodlights will be installed there?

cheers!

Any idea where and when tickets go on sale?
    Tickets on sale at the ground from 12pm to 5.30 today, then they close for a while to set up the actual matchday event, then reopen at 6.15.

From the club website:
    Limerick Football Club looks forward to welcoming supporters to the Markets Field where we face Finn Harps in the SSE Airtricity League Promotion / Relegation Playoff Final first leg on Monday, 2 November. Kick-off is 7.45pm.

Firstly, Season Tickets are valid for this game. ‘Open’ Season Ticket holders – our underage members – should go to ‘Ball Hoppers Corner’, which is open for the first time on Monday. On the map below, it is shown as North Terrace East. Entrance for this section of the Stadium is through Turnstile 4.
    Regular Terrace Season Ticket holders will as usual be located on the ‘Popular Side’ and West Terrace, and as normal should enter through Turnstiles 1, 2 or 3, along with North Stand patrons. Supporters wishing to go to ‘Ball Hoppers Corner’ should specify so when purchasing their ticket.

Tickets will go on sale from the Markets Field at 12pm on Monday, with the ticket box located inside the Stadium – please enter through the Red Gate on the Garryowen Road (shown on map below). Tickets will remain on sale there until 5.30pm, at which time the gates will close to prepare for the matchday setup.
    A huge attendance is expected so early purchase is advised, particularly for the North Stand which is likely to be a sell-out.

Gates open at 6.15pm, at which time ticket sales will reopen. The main ticket booth is located at Saint John’s School. The away supporters’ ticket booth is located on Mulgrave Street, with visiting fans as normal in the East Stand – they will enter through Turnstile 5. The map at the bottom will give you further direction.

This is a massive game for Limerick FC and we are encouraging everybody, where possible, to be in the Stadium for 7.15pm to create plenty of noise for Martin Russell and his players during their warm-up. They certainly deserve it after the heroic effort that has brought us to this stage!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

I better head in early so! Thank god I finish college at 5 :p

• Advertisement

Queue apparently nearly as far as st.johns church now for tickets.

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭d1980

Jofspring wrote: »
    Queue apparently nearly as far as st.johns church now for tickets.

Sounds like we would have filled thomand park if we were still there ðŸ˜႒

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

I should be able to get a ticket if I get in there around half 2 won't I ?

I'd imagine so. Once the main queue dies down it should get easier through the day. Sooner the better of you want stand though I'd imagine.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 E.Scifo

So much for the family friendly stand. It's a bit of a joke pushing the academy players out of the stand for the play offs, some as young as 5. I know they didn't have to honour their season ticket for this game. My issue is that for the last 2 home games, after paying for 2 adult and a student stand tickets, we have being stopped as we entered the stand with my young sons academy ticket by the guy doing the stamp and told that his ticket was now only valid for the terrace. Both times were almost an hour before kick off as we wanted to get our usual seats so the stand was pretty empty. No pre warning even after I brought it up after the 1st game. Obv I refused to budge and we all got our seats. This is the same club that put massive emphasis that there was a special reserved family singing section specially for these same kids when the markets field opened. It's ok now that we have a crowd to put them (and obv anyone with them) to an area where the stand will block some of your view?

Anyway, got our stand tickets including the extra 1 for a small fella...in the q for an hour.... Hopefully we can keep it going for another 2 games.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,517 ✭✭✭bennyl10

stand sold out, terrace should be fine though :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

banjobongo wrote: »
    hi guys,
    I have some questions, any feedback would be great!

1/re buying tickets from the Market Fields today, is it cash only or can you use a debit/credit card?
    2/after we had 2 matches broadcast on RTE, are the Club going to get income from RTE, in other words will the CLub be making extra money for the club to invest back into the Club for the next season?
    3/lastly, on the Academy, the players train (were training) in the back pitch in Hogan Park, but there is no floodlighting there, does anybody know when the floodlights will be installed there?

cheers!

Re 2. The answer there is no. the LOI "prize money" includes the TV money. Which is an absolute joke, but thats our league for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,370 ✭✭✭banjobongo

gimmick wrote: »
    Re 2. The answer there is no. the LOI "prize money" includes the TV money. Which is an absolute joke, but thats our league for you.

oh thats a real pity, there was me thinking the Club would have loads of cash!

No club get money from tv. While the promotion of the league on telly is great it actually hits the home team in the pocket most the time. Shamrock Rovers have asked RTE to stop showing so many of their games as they reckon people stay away and watch at home when it happens.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭RINO87

are live95 or anyone broadcasting this?? couldnt make it up from cork in time with work!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,646 ✭✭✭washman3

RINO87 wrote: »
    are live95 or anyone broadcasting this?? couldnt make it up from cork in time with work!

Ya, broadcast live at 7.45 on 95fm

• Registered Users Posts: 6,390 ✭✭✭jonski

Looks like a great crowd from the amount of cars around .

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

1-0 at home a fine result after what must have been a hectic weekend for the team, no goal conceded means that if they score away Finn Harps will have to score 3 to beat them.

Clareman wrote: »
    1-0 at home a fine result after what must have been a hectic weekend for the team, no goal conceded means that if they score away Finn Harps will have to score 3 to beat them.

Are you sure?great if so but I don't think away goals were in place for division 1 play off

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

d1980 wrote: »
    Are you sure?great if so but I don't think away goals were in place for division 1 play off

Not sure at all, just assumed they were

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭Fame and Demise

Clareman wrote: »
    Not sure at all, just assumed they were

No away goals rule lads, which means Harps have to score at least 2

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,592 ✭✭✭elastico

No away goals rule lads, which means Harps have to score at least 2

What happens if Harps only score one then?:confused:

Does anyone know tonights attendance?

elastico wrote: »
    What happens if Harps only score one then?:confused:

Extra time and penalties

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,861 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

I stepped out of one of the buildings in Mary I just after Limerick scored, and the noise was something else! I thought there must have been a rave somewhere on Summerville Avenue before I heard the stadium announcer talking over "Seven Nation Army". :D

Advertisement