Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Firmware Update 1.6

Options
  • 03-02-2014 10:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭

From Twitter :

http://www.dualshockers.com/2014/02/03/ps4-firmware-update-1-60-coming-tomorrow/?utm_content=buffer504ba&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer

According to a new status update on Twitter from English Community Manager Chris Owen as well as the European Playstation blog, PS4 firmware update 1.6 will be released tomorrow:

#PS4 firmware update tomorrow (v1.60) bringing Pulse Headset support, general stability improvements and ability to mute camera.

— Chris Owen (@Envisager_) February 3, 2014
    This will bring compatibility support to PS4 for the PULSE Wireless Stereo Headset (including the GTA V limited edition version) and the original Wireless Stereo Headset.
    Users will also be able to access custom sound modes for gameplay, music and movie experiences on PS4 and PS3 through the Headset Companion App, which will be coming soon for PlayStation Store via a free app.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 944 ✭✭✭jenjenten

eddhorse wrote: »
    From Twitter :

http://www.dualshockers.com/2014/02/03/ps4-firmware-update-1-60-coming-tomorrow/?utm_content=buffer504ba&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer

According to a new status update on Twitter from English Community Manager Chris Owen as well as the European Playstation blog, PS4 firmware update 1.6 will be released tomorrow:

#PS4 firmware update tomorrow (v1.60) bringing Pulse Headset support, general stability improvements and ability to mute camera.

— Chris Owen (@Envisager_) February 3, 2014
    This will bring compatibility support to PS4 for the PULSE Wireless Stereo Headset (including the GTA V limited edition version) and the original Wireless Stereo Headset.
    Users will also be able to access custom sound modes for gameplay, music and movie experiences on PS4 and PS3 through the Headset Companion App, which will be coming soon for PlayStation Store via a free app.

SERIOUSLY?! ....like, WTF? :eek: - 2 months for what amounts to a nothing update! :mad:

Where is my USB media playback sony???????????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 489 ✭✭BordorFox

jenjenten wrote: »
    SERIOUSLY?! ....like, WTF? :eek: - 2 months for what amounts to a nothing update! :mad:

Where is my USB media playback sony???????????

Do you really think they're gonna rush out that ability, making movies unlimited pointless (even though they shafted Ireland with that feature) they wont want you to play free media but force you to pay for it instead.

BordorFox wrote: »
    Do you really think they're gonna rush out that ability, making movies unlimited pointless (even though they shafted Ireland with that feature) they wont want you to play free media but force you to pay for it instead.

Anything the PS3 can do the PS4 **should** do....and more! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Have to agree this is a disappointing update, not one feature added to the console bar headset support, which is no use to a high % of ps4 owners anyway.

I especially want to see them fix the hdmi handshake/hdcp issue some people are having with the system.

Bug fixing and stability should be first firmware updates then features imo but if your gonna do a features update for a brand new console dont let the only thing you add be support for your own branded headset!!

Hope this isnt a sign of sony basking in there own success and getting lazy.
    Because you can bet your bottom dollar microsoft are working very hard at this point having had a disaster of a launch, from a business/PR point

Anything the PS3 can do the PS4 **should** do....and more! :mad:

In an ideal world, yes i agree, but this is not ideal to sonys plan.

They're here to make money and giving you the ability to play pirated or free media on their console would just make them have to envoke cinavia again like on the PS3 and have to update that also.

Sony also know most of the PS3 hacks came from USB management over the Other OS features and the ability of the USB file reading, not to mention giving you the ability to listen to your own music without subbing music unlimited losing Sony yet more revenue, they just mentioned might adding back to appease PS4 early adopters, Sony are notorious for lying religiously like how they told us irish users we would get movies unlimited in 2008, and now it's 2014 and it's still coming, lol...comical.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

Can you stream movies over network though?

.ak wrote: »

No, DNLA support was never added, however there is a workaround using the browser to access a DNLA servers web interface like (plex), but it's buggy at best.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

No, DNLA support was never added, however there is a workaround using the browser to access a DNLA servers web interface like (plex), but it's buggy at best.

It's solid enough for me, though I have my PC and PS4 both wired to my router.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 ballyerrob

Anyone having problems with the pulse headsets after update.keeps losing connection then screen goes blue asking which user is using headset.keeps getting me killed in ghosts

the patch notes incl. improved DVD picture qualty.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭eddhorse

PS4 UPDATE 1.60 MAY BE BLOCKING USERS FROM PS STORE

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/132010-PS4-Update-1-60-May-Be-Blocking-Users-From-PS-Store?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=news

<quote>
    Sony, holding true to previously announced plans, released the 1.60 system update today for the PlayStation 4. That being the case, reports have begun to surface that PS4 owners who have downloaded and installed the new firmware have, in turn, found themselves locked out of the PlayStation Store. Upon attempting to enter the store, users were met with an error message reading "This service is not available in your country/region."

To find out more about this issue, we got in touch with PlayStation tech support staff who said that "an issue has occurred with PSN and is being addressed." They also indicated that logging out and back into the PlayStation Network, a method recommended in the PlayStation 4 support forums, would only have limited effectiveness until Sony "[fixes] the issue on the server end." That being the case, the support personnel in question stopped short of confirming that the PS Store problem did, in fact, stem from the 1.60 update. We've reached out to Sony for an additional statement.
    </quote>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

All I want is to be able to play my own movies, I couldnt give a **** about head sets :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 971 ✭✭✭Senecio

astonaidan wrote: »
    All I want is to be able to play my own movies, I couldnt give a **** about head sets :mad:

Then buy a media player. Sony have made it very clear from the start that this is a games machine first.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

Senecio wrote: »
    Then buy a media player. Sony have made it very clear from the start that this is a games machine first.
    I use a PS3, surely being unhappy that a console cant do something its predecessor did isnt being unreasonable now is it. Why is netflix, Music unlimited built into it if its all about games. Playstation made there its all about the games when they saw the backlash Microsoft got with there release, its called counter punching its used everywhere

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

Thanks. Do you know if it will ever be supported? Thinking of buying an external network HD...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

Thanks. Do you know if it will ever be supported? Thinking of buying an external network HD...

There are rumours but nothing concrete.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭SterlingArcher

Senecio wrote: »

Pc is the way forward, forget baloney and microshaft. They are the new I pod consoles.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭eddhorse

Relax, you will get your update for USB hard drives and DLNA, patience.

I doubt it will be anytime soon, as i said in another post, sony is in no hurry to allow you to play pirated and free media you own on their hardware in either USB or DNLA means as it removes the need for music and movies unlimited which are paid subscriptions and means sony will also have to start paying for a Cinavia License again to Block pirated blu-ray rips amongst other things which they removed to make the PS4 the price it was at launch.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭dor843088

Can someone please tell me if my official 7.1 sony ps3 headset should work after this update? Iv plugged it in and it wont even charge off the ps4 and I sold the ps3 so iv no way of checking if its just the ps4 that wont charge it or what.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,487 ✭✭✭✭Varik

I doubt it will be anytime soon, as i said in another post, sony is in no hurry to allow you to play pirated and free media you own on their hardware in either USB or DNLA means as it removes the need for music and movies unlimited which are paid subscriptions and means sony will also have to start paying for a Cinavia License again to Block pirated blu-ray rips amongst other things which they removed to make the PS4 the price it was at launch.

Cinavia is a part of the Blu ray standard now, it's already there; Xbox One too.

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭george67

dor843088 wrote: »
    Can someone please tell me if my official 7.1 sony ps3 headset should work after this update? Iv plugged it in and it wont even charge off the ps4 and I sold the ps3 so iv no way of checking if its just the ps4 that wont charge it or what.
    I have these and they work perfectly on the PS4 so check your cable

ooh!.....did anyone else spot this; Eject icon is blinking on upper right corner when you press eject

i only noticed the new eject icon today!

ooh!.....did anyone else spot this; Eject icon is blinking on upper right corner when you press eject

i only noticed the new eject icon today!

No, was more worried about it saying i have 40 players online but it's only really 4 that's online.

No, was more worried about it saying i have 40 players online but it's only really 4 that's online.

Mine likes to say I've 30 online.

Battlelog is as bad, I jump on to after seeing a few people playing BF4 and then find out no one is in fact playing.

Varik wrote: »
    Mine likes to say I've 30 online.

Battlelog is as bad, I jump on to after seeing a few people playing BF4 and then find out no is in fact playing.

It has only started to happen to me since the 1.60 update, was fine before that.

1.61 out now, no features just fixes.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,727 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

hopefully the next update will have something decent fixes/additons such as:

notification when friends appear online.
    more apps (rte player, crunchyroll, sky)
    extra media support (although i think there really gonna put this one on the long finger)

Gonzo wrote: »
    hopefully the next update will have something decent fixes/additons such as:

notification when friends appear online.
    more apps (rte player, crunchyroll, sky)
    extra media support (although i think there really gonna put this one on the long finger)

Well i think the rte player is up to rte and i don't think they will provide it anytime soon, sky uses silverlight (microsoft tech) so will never see the light of day on PS4 as they will never make a flash version like netflix had to do to provide a playstation version as they also use silverlight for their default player. I doubt they will ever give DNLA support but USB support might happen.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭COYVB

Pc is the way forward, forget baloney and microshaft

He posts from his Windows-based gaming PC...

Advertisement