Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Foam blocks/insert for pistol cases?

Options
  • 31-01-2014 10:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭

Sorry if this is answered already... does anyone know where to get foam inserts cut for a pistol case?

Does anyone cut inserts to match (I have a case already), can I buy pre-scored blocks and cut them myself, or just go to a furniture shop and get them to cut some sheets of foam padding?

Looking for a low cost solution, it's not like I need to protect something worth thousands or fly with it :) Suggestions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭OzCam

Got it. Gatling is on the ball this morning.

http://www.efoam.ie/pickpluck.html

A bit expensive, but there's enough in a kit to do two cases, so I think I'll go for it.

The power of boards...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭OzCam

Not the greatest looking result, but functional enough for the price. I was very lucky that the foam provided was exactly twice the width of the box, so I was able to do two boxes with one 5-piece kit and have some left over.

That case doesn't have room for the magazines, which are quite substantial, but it didn't cost me anything so I can live with that.

photo_zpsa84fe112.jpg

photo1_zps90affa5a.jpg
    Ain't I lucky I don't need a licence for that MP9? *

photo2_zpsc7c401aa.jpg

Anyway, this Pick 'n' Pluck product might be useful for someone else if they're not too worried about appearances. Thanks for the info.

* Airsoft :)

Advertisement