Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email Niamh on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
New AMA with a US police officer (he's back!). You can ask your questions here

Foam blocks/insert for pistol cases?

• 31-01-2014 10:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,048 OzCam

Sorry if this is answered already... does anyone know where to get foam inserts cut for a pistol case?

Does anyone cut inserts to match (I have a case already), can I buy pre-scored blocks and cut them myself, or just go to a furniture shop and get them to cut some sheets of foam padding?

Looking for a low cost solution, it's not like I need to protect something worth thousands or fly with it :) Suggestions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,048 OzCam

Got it. Gatling is on the ball this morning.

http://www.efoam.ie/pickpluck.html

A bit expensive, but there's enough in a kit to do two cases, so I think I'll go for it.

The power of boards...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,048 OzCam

Not the greatest looking result, but functional enough for the price. I was very lucky that the foam provided was exactly twice the width of the box, so I was able to do two boxes with one 5-piece kit and have some left over.

That case doesn't have room for the magazines, which are quite substantial, but it didn't cost me anything so I can live with that.

photo_zpsa84fe112.jpg

photo1_zps90affa5a.jpg
    Ain't I lucky I don't need a licence for that MP9? *

photo2_zpsc7c401aa.jpg

Anyway, this Pick 'n' Pluck product might be useful for someone else if they're not too worried about appearances. Thanks for the info.

* Airsoft :)

Advertisement