Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nascar 2014

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,297 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

No charges against Stewart.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,624 ✭✭✭Infoanon

TheChrisD wrote: »
    Eh, I think IndyCar stopped racing there because of the falling out with ISC that removed Chicagoland, Homestead, Kansas, and the Glen from the schedule in 2011.

Very true,Safety was a major issue at the Glen and undoubtedly a factor, re the ISC fallout Fontana is an ISC track and arguably the jewel in the crown for Indycar to retain.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,252 ✭✭✭Sterling Archer

On-Track Incident Procedure -- During an Event,
    Rule change for exiting a car during a race, directly as a result of Kevin Ward Jr.s death .

It's already being refereed to as the Kevin Ward Jr. Rule

http://www.foxsports.com/nascar/story/nascar-rule-change-drivers-stay-in-their-cars-unless-emergency-tony-stewart-kevin-ward-081514?cmpid=tsmfb%3Afscom%3Anascaronfox

• Registered Users Posts: 24,368 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

Missed this year's season up to now. Suppose I missed loads. I'd be a harvick follower myself. What's the 5 sec summary on the season so far?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,624 ✭✭✭Infoanon

Reggie. wrote: »
    Missed this year's season up to now. Suppose I missed loads. I'd be a harvick follower myself. What's the 5 sec summary on the season so far?

Henderick powers ahead.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,252 ✭✭✭Sterling Archer

In-case anyone here has missed it the nascar youtube channel has uploaded full coverage of recent races
    https://www.youtube.com/user/TheOfficialNASCAR

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭youwhoglue

Great last 50 laps in Chicagoland! :cool:

Did Nascar hit on an excellent playoff format? It's making for great racing so I think so.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭TheChrisD

youwhoglue wrote: »
    Did Nascar hit on an excellent playoff format? It's making for great racing so I think so.

Any and all playoff formats are pretty terrible. The Chase, especially in this form, essentially makes the first 26 races a moot point if you win one.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,238 ✭✭✭✭djimi

The Chase encourages drivers to actually go for the win though rather than playing it safe and racking up the top 10s. Ridiculous as it sounds, it was a necessary evil when it first came about.

The "post-season" format is just a feature of US sports. I quite like it tbh; it adds a lot of excitement to the end of the season.

Anyone watching the races on Setanta? What do they do when they go to one of their many ad breaks in the US; do they go to an ad also or does it just show a stream with no commentary? Im tempted to sign up for the remaining Chase races but I have no interest in watching Setanta ads every 2 minutes!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,620 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

Last season when I had the channel it was as you describe, ads only every 15mins or so, with a small screen fixed camera with no commentary during the other US breaks.

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

Hmmm. I really dont want to pay €16 a month just to watch NASCAR but it might be the easiest way...

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Garryowen Red

Who's going to be watching the Homestead race this weekend? Logano v Harvick v Hamlin v Newman for all the marbles, it's contrived with the Chase eliminations rubbish but it will be some exciting race. Harvick is the favourite I'd say, only just from Logano though!

• Registered Users Posts: 30,036 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

all 4 still in it and near the front, will be interesting to see how it works out, might get messy at the end if they're all still there

15 laps to go, interesting tyre choices

and another caution

• Registered Users Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭TheChrisD

Ugh, can't stand Harvick. Totally undeserved champion...

This format is pants.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,368 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

TheChrisD wrote: »
    Ugh, can't stand Harvick. Totally undeserved champion...

This format is pants.

Why's that

The format did what it was supposed to and in fairness all four finalists were in contention most of the race. But the format does mean it a bit of a lottery for the last race and on a track that suits a certain driver he'll have a huge advantage. I think points would be fairer but there'd be lot less drama

Advertisement