Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CM Punk Megathread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Except he's not.

He's said all along this was a Fox hire. No contact from WWE on the matter. Fox paying his wage. Fox hired him.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭Chuck Noland

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    Except he's not.

He's said all along this was a Fox hire. No contact from WWE on the matter. Fox paying his wage. Fox hired him.

I don’t believe that for a second. Punk knows how to play the game

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,419 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Punk wouldn’t be there if WWE didn’t ok it.

And now he will be interacting with WWE superstars every week.

It’s now when, not if, he’s back in the ring imo.

Lord TSC wrote: »

100%. He will take Vince for every penny he can but Punk will be on the Mania card in 2021 imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,315 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I can see Vince taking a GTS on his 75th birthday next year.

Punk will take that Saudi money as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Not sure its as simple as that, Ratings were very low for their 1st episode, its not a wwe show, its a Fox show, and Fox dont want low ratings, how do they boost ratings, hire CM Punk, and he wont be there every episode to, an in ring return from this is still far far away i reckon

• Registered Users Posts: 28,816 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Now where's AJ? Lee, not Styles

• Registered Users Posts: 11,173 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Hmm.
    Would of made more waves and publicity if Punk came out during a raw show. Full on come back.

They're not at that point of him wrestling. But yeah, him being a host isn't what people wanna see either.

• Registered Users Posts: 958 ✭✭✭Officer999

Great to see him back but feels like such a wasted opportunity this way

• Registered Users Posts: 3,929 ✭✭✭Monokne

https://twitter.com/WWEonFOX/status/1194480602583633925?s=20

Phase 1 of the comeback has begun.

I really hope there aren't still gonna be people claiming he doesn't end up back in a WWE ring. That is where this story was always going to end, from the day it began 6 years ago.

• Advertisement

Monokne wrote: »
    https://twitter.com/WWEonFOX/status/1194480602583633925?s=20

Phase 1 of the comeback has begun.

I really hope there aren't still gonna be people claiming he doesn't end up back in a WWE ring. That is where this story was always going to end, from the day it began 6 years ago.

Head to the other two threads.. there’s people who still say he won’t get back in the ring

I have been pointing out for nearly 6 years in the other CM Punk thread that this all ends with CM Punk wrestling for WWE again. This is the next step.

- He is here because his agent contacted Fox about the show.
    - He has been active in interviews about wanting big offers to wrestle.
    - He know his earning years are dwindling and wants to earn while he can.

Per Sean Ross Sapp & Wade Keller, Fox consulted WWE and they strongly endorsed the move. This isn't "Fox did it, WWE wasn't on board" in any way, shape or form. WWE have issued a press release to that effect as well.

He is inevitably coming back to wrestle - that is what he wants and that is what the audience wants so eventually the deal will be done. If you are ***STILL*** burying your head in the sand and telling yourself that isn't where this is all going when he's standing there with Renee, Paige, Booker et all with WWE's blessing, good luck with that! :-D

It feels like this years Mania would be a little early but if they have nothing else, I can see them getting it done.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

100%. He will take Vince for every penny he can but Punk will be on the Mania card in 2021 imo.

First Brock has Vince bending over backwards, now Punk's gonna pull the same trick (but hopefully be more of a regular), well it's a good thing the company is financially healthy :pac:

Either way, I'm curious to see how this all pans out.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Whatever happens it just makes stuff a bit more interesting

I wonder when there next in Chicago

• Registered Users Posts: 7,724 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

As much as he can be a pissy gobsh1te at times, I do hope either this year or next year he gets his Wrestlemania main event

Next year would probably be better, if he came in now and got it he'd be the same as the guys he complained about down the years, at least with a return around Rumble to Mania season he can get back to some form and, for lack of a better word, earn his way to the main event

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

oddly enough seth could be a perfect match as they way he has gone on recently hes perfect foil for punk as he can be hhh and vinces boy and ultimate company man against the man who they wronged

• Registered Users Posts: 2,635 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

This is surely leading to Punk/Shane at the next Saudi Arabia show to determine who the real best in the world is.

sky88 wrote: »
    Whatever happens it just makes stuff a bit more interesting

I wonder when there next in Chicago

In about 10 days time.

Survivor Series is in Rosenmont, Illinois, which is practically Chicago. Close enough to think that entire show will be chanting Punk all night now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 502 ✭✭✭sirmanga

This may or may not lead to CM Punk returning to WWE proper, but for anyone to say you are being silly to suggest that this FOX deal will lead to a Punk in ring return, they are simply being disingenuous and they are ignoring history.
    Many people who have fallen out with WWE have returned through this open window of a deal with a third party. Goldberg made a deal with 2k for the video game and it led to his return. Same with Ultimate Warrior. Sting made his WWE debut by taking a similar route. Bret Hart returned to WWE, eventually, after he co-produced a biographical DVD with WWE. Randy Savage is probably the notable exception to the list of people who returned after being at odds with Vince. But even before his death, he had signed a toy deal with Mattel and he cut a promo for a convention. It looked like he would eventually be back, even for the Hall of Fame.

So all of the pieces are in place for CM Punk to return to WWE TV. Right now, it's more likely than less likely that he will show up.
    Anybody who says otherwise obviously hasn't studied WWE history that well.

Mod Note:
    Threads merged

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

sirmanga wrote: »
    This may or may not lead to CM Punk returning to WWE proper, but for anyone to say you are being silly to suggest that this FOX deal will lead to a Punk in ring return, they are simply being disingenuous and they are ignoring history.
    Many people who have fallen out with WWE have returned through this open window of a deal with a third party. Goldberg made a deal with 2k for the video game and it led to his return. Same with Ultimate Warrior. Sting made his WWE debut by taking a similar route. Bret Hart returned to WWE, eventually, after he co-produced a biographical DVD with WWE. Randy Savage is probably the notable exception to the list of people who returned after being at odds with Vince. But even before his death, he had signed a toy deal with Mattel and he cut a promo for a convention. It looked like he would eventually be back, even for the Hall of Fame.

So all of the pieces are in place for CM Punk to return to WWE TV. Right now, it's more likely than less likely that he will show up.
    Anybody who says otherwise obviously hasn't studied WWE history that well.

He will wrestle again, and the seeds for it will no doubt be planted on this show, i just think it wont be as quick as people think, i think fox want ratings up, they're not paying big money for people turning off, he brings eyes on the product, i dont think wwe could say no, as it turns out, its a win win for all 3 parties, but hes 41 and hasnt wrestled in while, which is why i reckon an in ring return is far away but things could change

• Registered Users Posts: 85,125 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

In about 10 days time.

Survivor Series is in Rosenmont, Illinois, which is practically Chicago. Close enough to think that entire show will be chanting Punk all night now.

Who will Punk help, NXT, Raw or SD :D

• Registered Users Posts: 23,106 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Whoop-dee-doo, another MMA legend coming into WWE.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,815 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Bet it will Punk vs Triple H at mania

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,054 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Monokne wrote: »
    I have been pointing out for nearly 6 years in the other CM Punk thread that this all ends with CM Punk wrestling for WWE again. This is the next step.

- He is here because his agent contacted Fox about the show.
    - He has been active in interviews about wanting big offers to wrestle.
    - He know his earning years are dwindling and wants to earn while he can.

Per Sean Ross Sapp & Wade Keller, Fox consulted WWE and they strongly endorsed the move. This isn't "Fox did it, WWE wasn't on board" in any way, shape or form. WWE have issued a press release to that effect as well.

He is inevitably coming back to wrestle - that is what he wants and that is what the audience wants so eventually the deal will be done. If you are ***STILL*** burying your head in the sand and telling yourself that isn't where this is all going when he's standing there with Renee, Paige, Booker et all with WWE's blessing, good luck with that! :-D

It feels like this years Mania would be a little early but if they have nothing else, I can see them getting it done.

Monokne right now:

giphy.gif

Remarkably accurate.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

PTH2009 wrote: »

Ha

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

PTH2009 wrote: »

He has to beat Kevin Nash first.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,058 ✭✭✭ThePott

Does anyone else find the idea of Punk coming back from over 5 years away to talk about his thoughts on the Lana/Rusev/Lashley angle hilarious?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,211 ✭✭✭LineOfBeauty

Loved Punk when I was younger but there's just something to this that feels so sour. That groundswell of support when he left for the things WWE had done to him has ebbed away, especially after the stuff with Colt Cabana became news, but that he'd just go back after 5 years shows all along that his main motivation is money. That's fine, that's his choice to make, but equally he can't get self-righteous when he's called on it.

Advertisement