Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WANTED services/items

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭crossmolinalad

old cottage or small farmhouse wanted
    Quiet guy with labrador and bordercollie looking for a old cottage or small farmhouse
    House don't need to be up to standard
    must have kitchen, bathroom and heating working
    furniture not really necessary have most of myself
    Double bed and couch is enough
    In Crossmolina, Co mayo area around 10/15 km from Crossmolina

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭tracey1098

Any recommendations for a window cleaner in Ballina?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,902 ✭✭✭woody1

check out thewaterboys.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 9,369 ✭✭✭irishgeo

need someone to lash up a new satellite dish for me, the guy in the advertiser didnt return my call or the voicemail i left . so that rules him out as i hate poor customer service.

so any recommendations.

• Registered Users Posts: 901 ✭✭✭The Nutty M

irishgeo wrote: »
    need someone to lash up a new satellite dish for me, the guy in the advertiser didnt return my call or the voicemail i left . so that rules him out as i hate poor customer service.

so any recommendations.

McDonagh in Kiltimaugh is decent enough.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭theduffer

Hi Folks,

Can anyone recommend someone who does imprinted / stamped concrete? I have an area that i would like to finish with a decorative cobble effect finish. Any PM's would be greatly appreciated.. Swinford area thanks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Long shot I know. Needing occasional help with shopping. Not always well enough to be out; disabled and elderly. West Mayo, Ballycroy nearest. Wondered if tesco come this far? Thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭thekooman

Graces7 wrote: »
    Long shot I know. Needing occasional help with shopping. Not always well enough to be out; disabled and elderly. West Mayo, Ballycroy nearest. Wondered if tesco come this far? Thank you

if Tesco dont deliver im sure you're local supermarket will deliver, e.g. Supervalu, centra, etc. for a small fee. most shops offer this service now. ask them.

thekooman wrote: »
    if Tesco dont deliver im sure you're local supermarket will deliver, e.g. Supervalu, centra, etc. for a small fee. most shops offer this service now. ask them.

Thanks but there really is no local one and I cannot afford small shop prices. If i get a big shop every few weeks from tesco or lidl it helps hugely.

Hate not being able to cope but such is old age

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Thanks but there really is no local one and I cannot afford small shop prices. If i get a big shop every few weeks from tesco or lidl it helps hugely.

Hate not being able to cope but such is old age

I'd try MidWest, there has to be a local person willing to help out. Worst case you do the shop online in Tesco/Super Valu and they would pick it up for you. I'd do it myself for ya but I'm on the other end of the county!
    Hope you get sorted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,902 ✭✭✭woody1

ring the tesco in swinford or castlebar, we rang them to see would they come out to us,in the end they came to the in laws house and we collected from there, i have seen the van in and around crossmolina area.. but its a long way out to ballycroy..

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,769 Mod ✭✭✭✭nuac

There is a grocery shop about a mile from Ballycroy on the Mulranny side. He used to do deliveries to Inishbiggle. Can't remember the name.

There is a shop in Bangor and at least two in Mulranny - Dohertys and Dalys

Nearest Tescos are Castlebar or Westport, Doubt if they usually deliver into Ballycroy area

WANTED: room in Ballinrobe House /apartment share for 1 male who is working in a Local I.T company.
    there isnt much out there. please PM me if you hear of anything.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

WANTED: room in Ballinrobe House /apartment share for 1 male who is working in a Local I.T company.
    there isnt much out there. please PM me if you hear of anything.

Have you tried a notice in Cummins, Tesco, Marreys?

I can fire an email off to the lads there in the cycling club to ask if that was of any use? There is an IT company in Ballinrobe! wow I have driven through there 2-3 times a week and never copped that!

yop wrote: »
    Have you tried a notice in Cummins, Tesco, Marreys?

I can fire an email off to the lads there in the cycling club to ask if that was of any use? There is an IT company in Ballinrobe! wow I have driven through there 2-3 times a week and never copped that!

cheers yop. i'm saying I.T (its easier) but we are a software development house :D have the notice up in Cummins and Tesco and i can ask Eamon later.

Thanks for suggestions and kindnesses. here. Greatly appreciated..

On a small pension the small shops are not viable. High costs.

Also no deliveries, and there are things I need that they do not stock . illness needs

I have not been idle! Contacted V de Paul as they advertise they have helpers and volunteers. They kindly offered me all the food i need from their Food Bank but it would have t be collected from Ballina

Next was Age Action with their awesome web site
    .. "for all older people"

Unless you live in Mayo apparently where they have almost no contacts.

They called a local group who told them there is a grocery shop in Achill. period.

Late last night a stroke of genius hit me.... each week there is a special ferry for islanders needing to shop in Achill. It connects with the community transport bus; it takes them into Achill then back

Can they not bring an order back for me? I am trying to get in touch with Supervalu so they can get it ready and t o find out who runs the bus. I can buy and pay online

All closed until Monday now. Oh tesco never replied

Hard work this

Wears me down. age action needs to upgrade

• Registered Users Posts: 21,094 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Sorry can't be much help to you Graces7 but have you tried any local groups, voluntary groups, church etc... they might put the word out locally. I'm sure there are people making a weekly trip to Castlebar for shopping, that could be your best bet.

PARlance wrote: »
    Sorry can't be much help to you Graces7 but have you tried any local groups, voluntary groups, church etc... they might put the word out locally. I'm sure there are people making a weekly trip to Castlebar for shopping, that could be your best bet.

Bless your kindness but all being well, the supervalu link will work.

Supervalu there are being kind and helpful, all by email and should be getting first delivery later today.

A matter of tapping into existing community resources. Shop will put to the bus and that will connect with the ferry and the pass my door on their way home . They are happy to do this every week

And a little human kindness

What irks me is the fact of the Food Bank being inaccessible. Would be such a help .

• Registered Users Posts: 21,094 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Bless your kindness but all being well, the supervalu link will work.

Supervalu there are being kind and helpful, all by email and should be getting first delivery later today.

A matter of tapping into existing community resources. Shop will put to the bus and that will connect with the ferry and the pass my door on their way home . They are happy to do this every week

And a little human kindness

We decided, over the past few years, to do as much shopping in SuperValu as possible. It's great to have a Supermarket that goes the little bit extra in cases like this and many others.

• Advertisement

PARlance wrote: »
    We decided, over the past few years, to do as much shopping in SuperValu as possible. It's great to have a Supermarket that goes the little bit extra in cases like this and many others.

It was all beautifully packed and sealed in boxes, and all grand quality .

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭crossmolinalad

Looking for an old cottage or small farmhouse from october 2018
    Quiet clean guy with small labrador looking for a old cottage or small farmhouse
    House don't need to be up to standard
    must have kitchen, bathroom and heating working
    Painting and decoration doing myself if its need it
    furniture not really necessary have most of myself
    Double bed and couch is enough
    In Crossmolina, Co mayo area around 10/25 km from Crossmolina

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭patsy mulcaghy

Figured this might be worth a go;

Young couple looking for plot of land with/ without property to buy and renovate or build on. Anywhere around Louisburgh-Westport- Castlebar/ surrounds. Ideally between 2-3 acres of decent ground or some commonage to develop smallholding and studio space. I know some people prefer not to be dealing with r.estate and word of mouth is the preference. Here's to hoping :D, cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭lostcat

Hi looking for someone with a Canon ef mount camera in the Castlebar area. I bought a lens when recently in the US, it's giving me an error 01 on my (ancient) d60 camera. I would like to stick it on another camera to see if the error is with the lens or my camera. Can meet in Castlebar or surrounds any evening, the excercise would take 5 minutes. Pm me if you can help, thanks

have a broken hinge on a tractor lawnmower which needs very light precision welding.
    anyone know someone good who can weld / braze light metal? Castlebar, Foxford, newport, crossmolina or ballina? preferably someone mobile but not a biggy.

have a broken hinge on a tractor lawnmower which needs very light precision welding.
    anyone know someone good who can weld / braze light metal? Castlebar, Foxford, newport, crossmolina or ballina? preferably someone mobile but not a biggy.

Theres the lad there in Islandeady just passed Cosgraves garage who makes gates. He might do it?

Lawnmower repair.
    There is a guy I heard of off the castlebar Road from Newport. Somewhere near Veseys concrete. I think Sean is his name. Anyone know his number or where his house is.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,316 ✭✭✭naughto

Lawnmower repair.
    There is a guy I heard of off the castlebar Road from Newport. Somewhere near Veseys concrete. I think Sean is his name. Anyone know his number or where his house is.

Would it be hegerty does car repairs?

naughto wrote: »
    Would it be hegerty does car repairs?

No Sean O.'Brien. I think he goes around collecting mowers and has a repair place beside his house. A customer told me about him. Can't get hold of the customer for his number. He's in England

• Advertisement

I got the number thanks

Advertisement