Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Camping Stoves

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 987 ✭✭✭The Glass Key

Also found this thread on the same where another Chinese stove is pictured burning (or not) diesel which it is labeled to run on, last but one post.

You really need a Number 12 - British Army armoured vehicle issue Diesel burning stove but I don't think they are cheap.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,111 ✭✭✭ShadowFox

Also found this thread on the same where another Chinese stove is pictured burning (or not) diesel which it is labeled to run on, last but one post.

You really need a Number 12 - British Army armoured vehicle issue Diesel burning stove but I don't think they are cheap.
    I had a 2 ring number 12 type but it got thrown out by mistake years ago it was fantastic. I do plan on getting another one one day buy the price is a major factor thats why I was looking at the cheaper single one for now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 987 ✭✭✭The Glass Key

OK so I've done a bit of internet research and the stove in the link seems to be a Bulin TK 111 aka Field Stove made of course in China. Plenty of people using them with white gas and kerosene with no bother all good but no one reporting anything good with diesel, from the instructions that come with them, just whats printed on the box and the stove itself, they don't list diesel as a fuel?

I've promised myself I won't buy another stove for a while so I'll let you test it if you like :)

OK so I've done a bit of internet research and the stove in the link seems to be a Bulin TK 111 aka Field Stove made of course in China. Plenty of people using them with white gas and kerosene with no bother all good but no one reporting anything good with diesel, from the instructions that come with them, just whats printed on the box and the stove itself, they don't list diesel as a fuel?

I've promised myself I won't buy another stove for a while so I'll let you test it if you like :)
    Thanks for all the help Ill let you know if I pick one up

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Planet X

Nearly pulled the trigger yesterday on the small Kelly Kettle. Looked at loads of YouTube on it first and see alot of people cook on it as well. That nearly did it for me. Volcano at it's best.
    Then I was looking at the Woodgas stove. Again a type of Volcano/Kelly job. No fuel to carry.
    Eventually whipped out my Primus Multifuel and Optimus Terra pots n pans.
    Took the Primus apart in minutes, gave it a quick clean.....jets etc. So simple. Fired it up, filled a pot of water and had a boil on in minutes. Jet engine roar is amazing. Pure power.
    I'll stick with it.
    Small, powerful, easy to maintain, light and instant.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

Anyone else using a budget setup?

13056424584_7322381e47_o.jpg

Enjoyed a trip in the hills last weekend

13056106525_e3b672c495_o.jpg

Tabnabs wrote: »

13056424584_7322381e47_o.jpg

13056106525_e3b672c495_o.jpg

After you showing this stove on our forum I made one also. You now own me for a pack of sausages when I seen the picture I went to the shop to buy some :p

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

A jaysus, I didn't stop there. These stoves are perfect for crusader mugs as well.

13056103795_af318eac78_o.jpg

The smell, can't you just smell it too!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,889 ✭✭✭feck sake lads

jasus i'm feckin starving now:)
    great photos looks like a super camping trip.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,554 ✭✭✭Pat Mustard

Tabnabs wrote: »

ShadowFox wrote: »
    After you showing this stove on our forum I made one also. You now own me for a pack of sausages when I seen the picture I went to the shop to buy some :p

Hey, what's the story with that stove? The thread I've found over on the S&SS forum is the one about the Optimus stove.

I was thinking of getting one of these before, but I wasn't sure if it would be good enough to justify the price and the added bulk.

41Fupmyha4L._AA160_.jpg

Interested in your stove though, especially if it can be packed down small.

• Advertisement

It can be packed down to - not at all, it's one of these:

http://www.ikea.com/ie/en/catalog/products/30011832/

Won't break the bank though...

I keep it in a 58 Pattern pouch.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭sheesh

Hey, what's the story with that stove? The thread I've found over on the S&SS forum is the one about the Optimus stove.

I was thinking of getting one of these before, but I wasn't sure if it would be good enough to justify the price and the added bulk.

Interested in your stove though, especially if it can be packed down small.

you could try making one yourself

http://www.nimblewillnomad.com/stove.htm

Advertisement