Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Worst Advice Retail Ever Gave you

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

Gandalph wrote: »
    Amazing the amount of people that have had one bad experience with a single staff member and then refuse to give the whole chain any business as a result.

To be fair people are only posting one story, they could have had multiple problems with a store. My Gamestop story was my last time there but I had a number of problems there before hand that I never had in other shops

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

Gandalph wrote: »
    Amazing the amount of people that have had one bad experience with a single staff member and then refuse to give the whole chain any business as a result.

Well, whole chain? Most people live in small enough areas that the chain will have only one store they can realistically shop at and them not giving that business because of one muppet working there is fair enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭gaynorvader

In fairness, GameStop as a chain is pretty poor. I remember when I first got a PSP looking for a Micro SD card. €70 for a 1 GB second hand one in GS, €30 for a 4GB new one in the Argos down the road. And the guy in GS told me that €70 was the best price I was likely to find.

I'm sure there are nice staff in some stores, but the company itself stinks.

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭RogerWilco1982

When the xbox one launched gamestop told people not to update over wifi as that could brick the console. They claimed they got that info from MS.

A friend of mine who works for XBox tech support told me the exact same thing, and to warn anyone getting one that the day one update in particular should be done through a wired connection...

I am told the manual states that all updating should be done over a wired connection. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,500 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

A friend of mine who works for XBox tech support told me the exact same thing, and to warn anyone getting one that the day one update in particular should be done through a wired connection...

I am told the manual states that all updating should be done over a wired connection. :cool:

Your mate was wrong. Its completely incorrect.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭SgtBob

I was buying my first HD tv a few years back, wanted to finally connect the 360/PS3 up to a HD. Being a bit tight on money, as HD TV's were still wicked expensive at the time, I had one picked out that fitted my budget. Went in to buy it in a well known retailer. Sales guy says what are you getting it for, I tell him I was gonna connect the xbox to the DVI port using a component to DVI converter, as it only had 1 HDMI and 1 DVI. He proceeds in telling my that it won't work. I say why, he says DVI is digital, component is analogue. I tell him it absolutely will work, the connector is dual link, so it is capable of accepting both. I have also researched on the net to be sure before hand. He is adamant, "DVI = Digital Video Interface" he said. So at this stage, I said ok fair enough, see ya. Walked down the road to another retailer, picked up my new TV. And to confirm everything worked as I knew it would. So fair play to that guy for missing out on some commission on a sale.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

...golden axe...

My childhood in two words.

That and double dragon :P

Skip to the boss fight at about 5:30, this is how you defeated many many bosses back in the day :P

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q7NWpE8tTJs

Advertisement