Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

**Setanta Insurance**

Options
1234568»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45 mercfisher

Im not sure what ye two are arguing about, its pages of nonsensical back and forthing.

:confused:

The facts are pretty simple.

In January Setanta advised they would not write any new business and would not renew any policies.

They advised that any policies sold or renewed prior to that would be honored.

In mid April it was announced that any existing Setanta customers should seek insurance elsewhere as their policies were in danger of not been valid.

In May it was announced all Setanta policies would be cancelled.

If an insurance broker sold a policy after the announcement in January then they should refund the customers in full, if they are refusing then Id be advising customers to pursue them through the small claims court.

If the insurance broker sold or renewed policies prior to the Setanta announcement then its tough shyt Paddy for the customers, they have no recourse.

It really is that simple.

Yes I agree 100% with you

I note posted on kildarestreet.com, on the 10th June Minister Noonan in response to questions 163,164 and 168 admitted that the Irish Department of Finance had serious concerns about Setanta and had discussions with the Maltese authorities as far back as 2013 and it was agreed by Malta and Ireland that there were issues at this time in relation to cash reserves at Setanta, it's a shame something wasn't done at this time.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 panorton

mercfisher Thank you a thousand times. On June 10th I lodged a complaint at my local district court against my broker. Things were a little slow to start with, my forms were still unprocessed on June 25th but today I got a cheque for €370 from my broker in a full and final payment. Thank you again for encouraging me to pursue my claim.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

No Problem, Well Done, the broker on here tried to confuse people and muddy the water by starting a slagging match with me but I'm glad the message was heard by everybody in the end, I now know of 14 people who got refunds back from different brokers down here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭peteb2

you boil my blood and anything I'd like to say about you personally would result in a ban!

I presume you're referring to me. And as previously stated i remained here to keep you factual and on the straight and narrow. nothing more. nothing less. I couldn't care less whether people succeed. it's not money out ple take cases against their broker

I think it best to ignore that really, what I will say though is anyone who was sold van insurance from the 24th Jan on-wards is entitled to a full refund, if your broker does not give it willingly then for a few Euros do as Panorton and many others did and go to the small claims court, its a very straight forward process and no solicitor is required.

I would never again use a broker, you ask why ? well lets just say, they can mis sell insurance and they are none too happy when someone points out their indiscretion.

If anyone is unsure of the procedure of the small claims court let me know Ill give you all the information to get you over the line

and brokers nationwide wept at the prospect of losing your business.

mercfisher wrote:
    I think it best to ignore that really, what I will say though is anyone who was sold van insurance from the 24th Jan on-wards is entitled to a full refund, if your broker does not give it willingly then for a few Euros do as Panorton and many others did and go to the small claims court, its a very straight forward process and no solicitor is required.

thats your professional opinion as a trained counsellor is it?

I would never again use a broker, you ask why ? well lets just say, they can mis sell insurance and they are none too happy when someone points out their indiscretion.

If anyone is unsure of the procedure of the small claims court let me know Ill give you all the information to get you over the line

• Advertisement

mercfisher wrote: »

Think you double posted here. If I can offer further insight into the world of insurance let me know.

I'd say bellyfull of brokers is appropriate at this stage Most people wouldn't want to deal with brokers i'd think, especially when you think brokers were told on 24th jan 2014 than setanta was finished and not taking any new/renewals and brokers continued to take money for their own personal pension fund

Anyway my file on all of this pete is going to the fraud squad and i hope they have fur lined handcuffes for the the squeamish

mercfisher wrote: »
    I'd say bellyfull of brokers is appropriate at this stage Most people wouldn't want to deal with brokers i'd think, especially when you think brokers were told on 24th jan 2014 than setanta was finished and not taking any new/renewals and brokers continued to take money for their own personal pension fund

Anyway my file on all of this pete is going to the fraud squad and i hope they have fur lined handcuffes for the the squeamish

Im sure they'll truly appreciate any help you can give.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement