Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do you think the Iona Institute are homophobic?

Options
1112113114115116118»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,932 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

No
    I find it hilarious Breda O'Brien claims she's being silenced. She has platforms on RTE Radio, in the Iriash Times and the Irish Catholic.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 5,820 ✭✭✭floggg

No
    I find it hilarious Breda O'Brien claims she's being silenced. She has platforms on RTE Radio, in the Iriash Times and the Irish Catholic.

Even she doesn't believe it of say.

She just knows that the debate needs to be shifted away from the apparent "merits" of her argument, lest they be exposed for the baseless rhetoric and bare prejudice that it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭macker33

I'm sick of gays whinging, if the cat had kittens the gays would whinge that it was homophobic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

No
    macker33 wrote: »
    I'm sick of gays whinging, if the cat had kittens the gays would whinge that it was homophobic.

Quite

• Registered Users Posts: 11,849 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

No

Hi David! Have I ever told you how full of spite your face looks?

• Advertisement

No

Well, gay men aren't the biggest fans of pussys to begin with ....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,465 ✭✭✭Sir Humphrey Appleby

No
    I see Waters has grabbed the cash and ran, his columns in both the Irish Times and the mail having disappeared!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Stop trolling and don't post in this thread again.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,932 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

No
    I see Waters has grabbed the cash and ran, his columns in both the Irish Times and the mail having disappeared!

Apparently he sent legal threats to the IT about something Una Mullally wrote.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭DeanAustin

He's a f**kin dope anyway. Listening to him on the radio a few weeks ago talking about "we need to think radically and get the multi nationals out of Ireland." All the hallmarks of some jumped up little twat who is realising he is getting old and is desperately clinging onto the last remnants of his youth. I expect to see him in a sports car with an 18 year old soon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭JackF1

No

Wait I'm in shock! The Irish Times have seen it wise to stop publishing controversial Daily Mail esq. John Waters piffle and uphold some integrity?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,648 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭eorpach

alaimacerc wrote: »
    I think the description you're looking for is "snarl word".

Super description for what B O'B intended by "commissioning of children". Thank you.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,562 ✭✭✭eyescreamcone

No
    DeanAustin wrote: »
    He's a f**kin dope anyway. Listening to him on the radio a few weeks ago talking about "we need to think radically and get the multi nationals out of Ireland." All the hallmarks of some jumped up little twat who is realising he is getting old and is desperately clinging onto the last remnants of his youth. I expect to see him in a sports car with an 18 year old soon.

His only chance would be with a blind 18 year old!
    Have you seen the state of him?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

No

Hey now, whatever about his abbhorent views, I gotta admire Jawn Waters for one thing... and that's the sheer bravery of rockin' that mighty skullet :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭9959

No
    His only chance would be with a blind 18 year old!

Disagree with 99% of his views, but would defend his right to spout them however ludicrous.
    What he looks like is irrelevant.

No
    9959 wrote: »
    Disagree with 99% of his views, but would defend his right to spout them however ludicrous.

Agree his looks are irrelevant, but I really worry about those who espouse unfettered free speech, nobody has a right to spout homophobic bile or any other kind of hate speech.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭marienbad

No
    Agree his looks are irrelevant, but I really worry about those who espouse unfettered free speech, nobody has a right to spout homophobic bile or any other kind of hate speech.

Utterly wrong - the likes of Water,Iona,Farage are a tiny price to pay for free speech

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭Donkey Oaty

Links234 wrote: »
    Hey now, whatever about his abbhorent views, I gotta admire Jawn Waters for one thing... and that's the sheer bravery of rockin' that mighty skullet :pac:

His looks are indeed important, as he clearly models himself on this guy.

No
    marienbad wrote: »
    Utterly wrong - the likes of Water,Iona,Farage are a tiny price to pay for free speech

Actually I am utterly right, the right to free speech does not exist unfettered anywhere in the world, here we have the Incitement to Hatred Act.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭Donkey Oaty

Actually I am utterly right, the right to free speech does not exist unfettered anywhere in the world, here we have the Incitement to Hatred Act.

I've just had a look at that Act, and I see that in Section 9 paragraph (3) it specifically mentions hovercrafts as a place where offensive material can be seized by the guards.

That's my revolutionary plans scuppered.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,938 ✭✭✭Daith

No

It's hardly incitement to hatred.

It's far better to knock down their paper thin arguments against equal marriage and show that they have no merit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

No
    DeanAustin wrote: »

I hope not; John's youth includes getting jiggy with a young woman, legging it when he gets her pregnant and then trying to sue for custody of the child. Not a great place to revisit. My own mind's eye is watering like I'd just sniffed a bottle of drain cleaner.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,562 ✭✭✭eyescreamcone

No
    9959 wrote: »

I hope you also defend my right to comment on his looks ;)

What he looks like is not irrelevant - it's only irrelevant to this thread!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭marienbad

No

Indeed, I never meant otherwise, and we have slander libel and a whole panoply of laws to prevent such abuse. Some would say we have too many already.

But if you think such lukewarm troglodytes or the criticism of them requires any changes then you are utterly wrong.

No

As a subject of his toxic homophobic rants, I would agree entirely with his right to say them.

Which is ironic given he evidently disagrees so strongly with our right to respond freely.

Advertisement