Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New 141D Aircoach

Options
  • 26-01-2014 11:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,499 ✭✭✭

Saw new 141D Aircoach yesterday, finally replacing the 04D Setra's :confused:

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 11,587 Mod ✭✭✭✭devnull

There is supposed to be a big vehicle cascade happening, it is not a straight withdrawal of one vehicle type and replacement with another.

This week the two 2006 Plaxton Panthers that were sent to Dublin from First Cymru in 2012 for the Cork service went back to Wales, as they will be replaced by 2 of the 10 new 141D Panthers that are due to fully enter service soon, all of them on the Cork route.

The other 8 141 Panthers will then replace the 1x 2005 Setra, and the 4x 2006 Levantes and a small number of Jonckheere SHVS with the fate of the Setra unknown, and the 4 2006 Levantes set to be cascaded onto the Greystones route if rumour is correct, to replace further 2008/9 Jonckheere SHVS on that route.

The 2008/9 Jonckheere SHV's will then replace some 2004 Setras on the Leopardstown route, allowing some of the 2004 Setras to be withdrawn. Some of them will be staying however and it will not be a full withdrawal.

There may well be other changes as well, but this is the information I have at present from good sources.

• Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭micraX

Them setras are ment to be cun+s to work on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭patrickbrophy18

devnull wrote: »
    There is supposed to be a big vehicle cascade happening, it is not a straight withdrawal of one vehicle type and replacement with another.

I wonder if this "big vehicle cascade" will have an affect on the coaches operating the Dalkey/Killiney route and particularly, the 3 strong Scania Irizar Century fleet?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,302 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

I've seen one of them in Westmoreland Street yesterday evening before going on the express to Cork.

It had the reg number 141-D-32. I suppose it is a nice comfy vehicle to be sitting or driving in. It's exterior also looks very nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭macroman

They've had some issues with the mirrors getting blown off or bent in the wind and the doors opening of their own accord on the motorway.

Some of the 04 Setras have been bought by Dublin Coach for the increased frequency on the Ennis route.

• Advertisement
Advertisement