Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

auto cad newbie

Options
  • 26-01-2014 5:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 33

How it going

Looking to get into auto cad. I am a qualified plumber and have 3 years experience in hydraulics and GPS autosteer.
    I would like to further myself and maybe one day get myself off the tools.
    Were is the best place to do Auto cad training? Part time course would be great! Is there a particular part of auto cad my suit my qualification and experience better?
    Any help is much appreciated.
    Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Dermighty

FAS do courses as far as I know.

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭Shy Ted

Depends where you're based. Some IT's & VEC's do evening courses. You could also download a free copy of draftsight and do some tutorials yourself. There's loads of great info online & good videos on youtube.

Draftsight is very similar to autocad but it's free.

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭jj72

RPM7 wrote: »
    Depends where you're based. Some IT's & VEC's do evening courses. You could also download a free copy of draftsight and do some tutorials yourself. There's loads of great info online & good videos on youtube.

Draftsight is very similar to autocad but it's free.

I would second this. If you can get a copy of autocad you really can teach yourself a lot of it. THeres plenty of tutorial online and are really useful. If yoiu ever have any queries on different commands just google them and the answer will be in front of you

Advertisement