Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

€500 photoshop build help

Options
  • 25-01-2014 7:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭

1. What is your budget?

Not much more than €500

2. What will be the main purpose of the computer?

Photoshop and digital drawing programs. Gaming is just the sims.

3. Do you need a copy of Windows?

No

4. Can you use any parts from an old computer?

Keyboard, mouse, monitor, external hard drive. Don't think my Mac mini (2006) can be gutted for parts

5. Do you need a monitor?

No

6. Do you need any of these peripherals? [Keyboard/Mouse/Wireless Card/Card Reader/Speakers/etc.]

Wifi capable, but I can use an Ethernet cable

7. Are you willing to try overclocking? [Yes/No]

I'd be open to it

8. How can you pay? [Bank Transfer/Credit Card/Laser]

All of the above.

9. When are you purchasing?

As soon as possible

10. If you need help building it, where are you based?

Castleknock, but I shouldn't need help.

I had this all researched a good while ago, but things changed and plans fell through. I now need to get a macbook for college but neither my current desktop nor netbook are cutting it for my computer needs. I'd prefer a laptop, but I can't get anything in my budget that runs photoshop (anything with dedicated graphics cards is more €600-€700). So I need a decent photoshop build that I can upgrade in the distant future, as my needs change, since my macbook won't be upgradable...
    Essentially I do not know what parts to go for anymore, I lost a thread here about choosing parts. All I know is that I need quad core processor, at least 4gb ram, a decent GPU, and around 500gb hard drive.

Comments

Advertisement