Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where can ammonia be bought?

Options
  • 22-01-2014 12:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,035 ✭✭✭

Was going to wax the floors , but it says to remove the previous application before doing it with ammonia (diluted).

Don't think it's the sort of thing Dunnes stocks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,176 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

Try some of the local pharmacies. And be careful - ammonia is nasty, dangerous stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Black Ops van arriving to your front door in 5.......4......

• Registered Users Posts: 7,934 ✭✭✭Renegade Mechanic

^^^^^^ B*stard :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,502 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

P1ss on the floor.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 559 ✭✭✭urabell

I am also waxing floors, where can I obtain rohypnol?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

P1ss on the floor.

I'd have to agree, piss all over the floor is the best way !!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,432 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Most generic floor cleaners like Ajax or supermarket own brands contain some ammonia, probably more than enough to clean and degrease your floor prior to waxing. I'd stay away from stronger solutions of ammonia if I were you, nasty stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

There are many cleaning products that contain ammonia. Some toilet cleaners and most window cleaners.
    I am sure there must be a floor cleaner that contains it. Go down to your local supermarket and look at the ingredients of floor cleaners there?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,564 ✭✭✭notnumber

Wax on,Wax off.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

DO NOT I repeat DO NOT mix bleach with any ammonia products, bad things happen that could lead to you being quite badly injured so don't make the assumption i almost did that all cleaning stuff is roughly the same and sure by mixing it can only lead to better things.

thankfully something twigged in the back of my head that it was a bad idea.

From experience though with ammonia look at glass cleaning products. It leaves a streak free shine so they use it (diluted already) in most of these products. Or any "streak free" products really

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,411 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

In a shop one day and yer won had cleaned the floor with it,people could hardly breath when they walked in.Can be got obviously.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭Mr.David

For once, the 'blast it with piss' advice is actually appropriate! Not sure if there's enough ammonia in your piss though but try it anyway it will add character if nothing else.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭stoneill

I'm sure they mean an ammoni based product - those streak free cleaners for windows and floors.
    Ammonia itself is dangerous stuff, you wont be able to buy that anywhere without a licence and hazmat training.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

DO NOT I repeat DO NOT mix bleach with any ammonia products, bad things happen that could lead to you being quite badly injured so don't make the assumption i almost did that all cleaning stuff is roughly the same and sure by mixing it can only lead to better things.

thankfully something twigged in the back of my head that it was a bad idea.

Thankfully is right. That's actually a common and very effective way of committing suicide!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,684 ✭✭✭✭josip

Years and years and years ago I was using ammonia in the lab after school.
    Straight from the big brown jar.
    I was using the fume cupboard but had forgot to turn it on :rolleyes:
    I can still remember the assault it made on my upper nostrils.
    The most evil, noxious, inhuman, anti-life odour I've ever smelled.
    And I've smelled some bad sh1t :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

We have a big bottle of the stuff in work for cleaning anodised aluminium. I can only assume the stuff we use normally is diluted or something, because a couple of years back I spilled some out of a new bottle on to a cloth and 10 seconds later it was like Mike Tyson punched me in the face, eyes watering, nose streaming - I actually nearly fell down. It was a good minute or 2 before I was back to normal - nasty stuff indeed!

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

I sniffed it before and it was like being shot in the face

• Registered Users Posts: 3,518 ✭✭✭stefan idiot jones

Tom cat's piss. It'll sort out your nasal hairs.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,012 ✭✭✭Plazaman

I seen a comment on Reddit about how to clean your oven by heating it up to a certain temp, turning oven off and then leaving Ammonia and bowl of water inside it overnight.

I can only assume these people never want to cook in their ovens again, no matter how clean they are, unless they want their dinners tasting like pish.

What's wrong with a squeezy bottle of Clit Bang?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

Plazaman wrote: »
    What's wrong with a squeezy bottle of Clit Bang?

well thats a punk band name if i ever heard one

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,560 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

well thats a punk band name if i ever heard one
    I knew a Father Clint Power...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,166 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Try industrial chemical supply companies. Be careful though, its nasty stuff and as said above don't mix it with bleach or anything else that contains sodium hypochlorite.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,035 ✭✭✭OU812

Turns out my local hardware company stocks it for €2.99/300ml "Household Amonnia" Already in diluted strength.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,195 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Ammonia? Poor little sparrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,148 ✭✭✭PizzamanIRL

You can get it if you go out in the cold and rain for a few minutes. It's nasty.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,317 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

I sniffed it before and it was like being shot in the face

Same as this. Never trust someone when they say 'smell this'. :rolleyes:

It was like it bypassed my nose and went straight into my head. Nearly knocked me over.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,411 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

You can get it if you go out in the cold and rain for a few minutes. It's nasty.

It's old Ammonia the op us looking for.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭chopper6

CS gas is good for erm,cleaning floors too.

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭Drumorig

You'll get it in a marine supply store.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,381 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

You can buy a bottle for €2.50-€3.00 in the cleaning supplies section in most supermarkets. A lot of the discount stores, €2 shops would have it too.

Advertisement