Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Free 4G service for Three Customers for 6 months

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭househero

Do three allow teathering? I don't fancy forking out £100 for a new 4g router

• Registered Users Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Truckermal

househero wrote: »

They do on my package I have great 3G access from home it's normally between 6 and ten meg download.

http://www.speedtest.net/android/713591015.png

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

househero wrote: »

They dont only it on most plans but it is possible. I got 24mb yesterday tethering on 4G

• Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

tethering from my htc one with 3g now at home i get 5.5mbps download and 1.50 mbps upload, switch to my eircom broadband and its 1.69 down and 0.20 up. absolute joke!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭moodrater

tethering from my htc one with 3g now at home i get 5.5mbps download and 1.50 mbps upload, switch to my eircom broadband and its 1.69 down and 0.20 up. absolute joke!

Where is that? Might be worth sticking a mifi in a tupperware container on a pole at that rate or a 3g stick and an old mmds dish and and getting rid of the landline.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20 Labelled

This seems like a good excuse to get rid of my Huawei G300.

Any recommendations going for cheap 4g phones?

Ideally one with a strong modding community.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

moodrater wrote: »
    Where is that? Might be worth sticking a mifi in a tupperware container on a pole at that rate or a 3g stick and an old mmds dish and and getting rid of the landline.

Pretty much right next to Cork airport. I think were changing our ISP next month anyway :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭moodrater

Pretty much right next to Cork airport. I think were changing our ISP next month anyway :)

My buddy is a programmer with IBM just inside the gate there, there was about 30 of them sharing a 4Mb connection for years, in a so called technology park what a joke. You should be able to get nova there ditch the landline if you want to keep the number its only €2.50 a month with goldfish.ie.

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭heathersonline

Does it show up as a seperate network when searching for networks, or should it connect automatically when I'm in a 4g area?

Advertisement