Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Carer or nurse hire

Options
  • 18-01-2014 9:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭

Is it possible to hire a nurse or experience carer in Galway Clare area?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Howyahorse

yes of course. the cheapest method being to look in the classifieds section of the galway advertiser. or there are many agencies (that cost a bomb!)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,328 ✭✭✭lazeedaisy

First off is it a nurse or carer you are looking for. carers are not usually medically trained & are not allowed give medication. secondly the reason why agencies would assume to be costly is they would have a large insurance bill. they cover for all eventualities & if the carer is a no show they always have a back up..

lastly. you can claim tax relief on money paid to an agency. otherwise you would have to consider PAYE returns etc.
    Maybe your best option is contact public health nurse & ask for recommendations.
    insurance is a must though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Colleen0000

raher1 wrote: »
    Is it possible to hire a nurse or experience carer in Galway Clare area?

Hello,
    I know I am replying a bit late to your post but I am new to boards.ie. I am a qualified practicing nurse in the county Galway region seeking part time work for extra hours. I currently work as a community nurse nursing children with life limiting conditions, but I also have a significant amount of elderly care experience as I worked as a care assistant throughout my four years of college in numerous elderly care facilities.
    If you still require a nurse feel free to private mail me
    Kind regards
    Colleen

• Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭raher1

Thank you for offering your services Colleen but I am not in the need of care assistant.

Hello,
    I know I am replying a bit late to your post but I am new to boards.ie. I am a qualified practicing nurse in the county Galway region seeking part time work for extra hours. I currently work as a community nurse nursing children with life limiting conditions, but I also have a significant amount of elderly care experience as I worked as a care assistant throughout my four years of college in numerous elderly care facilities.
    If you still require a nurse feel free to private mail me
    Kind regards
    Colleen

Advertisement