Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fantasy AFL 2014

Options
  • 15-01-2014 4:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 40,861 ✭✭✭✭

It's getting close(ish) to that time again so best kick off a thread.

If people post their expression of interest I'll add the names to the OP under Dreamteam and/or Supercoach.

Also, if those who set up the respective leagues last year are happy to do so again for 2014 that would be great.

Real Dreamteam (New game for 2014)

Xavi6
    Mr. Guappa
    Real FM
    shanemkelly
    seipeal1
    Mackman
    SSK
    DoctorGonzo08
    massdebater

Supercoach

jackbhoy
    seipeal1
    SSK
    In Exile
    DoctorGonzo08

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭jackbhoy

Still boycotting the Herald Sun Xavi? :)

Supercoach only for me this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,861 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

jackbhoy wrote: »
    Still boycotting the Herald Sun Xavi? :)

Ha that's not my main reason. Between AFL, NFL, Premier League and A-League I have more than enough fantasy leagues to try keep track of without adding another!

Dreamteam is my tried and tested so I'll keep to that.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,705 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

I'm in for the DT again.

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭Real FM

Have to defend my title! I'm in for DT. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭shanemkelly

I'm on for DT again!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭seipeal1

I'd like to be entered in both Xavi.thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭Mackman

I'm in for Deamteam anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭SSK

Dreamteam definitely and I might try Supercoach as well this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭In Exile

I'll go Supercoach

• Registered Users Posts: 1,995 ✭✭✭DoctorGonzo08

Have to defend my Supercoach crown I suppose, but still have to pick up the DT Cup, so in for both.

I'll set up the league again this weekend, and you should all recieve emails through there. Think there will still be a couple of spots up for grabs for new players, but will be first come first serve I think. Will post the League Code on here for the Boards.ie AFL Cup.

I think Mr. Guappa is the Speckly Shield and Winter is the Jim Stynes Cup (Supercoach).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭clouter

I'm in for DT again cheers.

I post on BigFooty.com and they are all using the virtual sports Real Dream Team version this year.

Apparently its what Dreamteam used to be like a few years ago or something. It looks much the same as the official one. Anyway, is anyone interested in using this version rather than the Fantasy AFL one?

It would save me (and maybe others) having 2 Dreamteam teams. Just thought i'd put it out there :)

What are the main differences? Less trades I'm assuming is one anyway. I'd prefer that to the way it is now where all the teams are identical come the end of the year.

I think so yeah. Its something to do with going back to the original Dreamteam before the AFL went and changed the rules (like they love to do so much)

I don't mind but I only want one fantasy team to maintain so we need to pick the comp asap and stick with it.

(DT wise I mean, SC is separate)

I'd go for the Virtual Sports Real DT version, solely because I've always found the official AFL website to be a pain in the hoop.

The scoring system and team formation is the same for both games. Slight differences in total number of tades available, and lockouts over the first week. The VS version allows dual position players to be moved through your team as much as you like when trading, whereas the official version only allows one move.

That said, we could stick with the official version this year and make the switch next year if the VS version gains traction?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,995 ✭✭✭DoctorGonzo08

How does the new game deal with the bye rounds though? I agree the increased trades make it too easy to end up with the same team, but it is there to accomodate the byes more than anything else.

Scratch that, this outlines the differences. Looks like the Real Dreamteam is going to be the popular one.

http://dreamteamtalk.com/2014/01/30/afl-fantasy-v-afl-dream-team/

Ok, seeing as there is no strong opposition. I've set up a league in the Real Dreamteam.

League code: 558808
    BOARDS.IE AFL CUP

As soon as you have joined, post in here with your Team name so we know who's who.

I'm Team Cobra

Sorry, forgot the link. Yeah thats it Xavi

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭massdebater

I might give this a go for the first time this year. Which of the two would be best for a first timer? I'll probably be fairly crap but it'd give me a bit more interest outside of my own team and will fill the void left from having ditched the fantasy premier league last year. Thanks

I might give this a go for the first time this year. Which of the two would be best for a first timer? I'll probably be fairly crap but it'd give me a bit more interest outside of my own team and will fill the void left from having ditched the fantasy premier league last year. Thanks

If you mean which would be best between Dreamteam and Supercoach, Dreamteam is much easier IMO. The scoring is simpler.

I don't play Supercoach because I just don't have the time to get into it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭massdebater

Mackman wrote: »
    If you mean which would be best between Dreamteam and Supercoach, Dreamteam is much easier IMO. The scoring is simpler.

I don't play Supercoach because I just don't have the time to get into it.

Thanks, yeah that's what I meant. Xavi, can you add me to the dreamteam list and I'll make a team over the next few weeks. Cheers :)

Is there a code for DT yet??

Real FM wrote: »
    Is there a code for DT yet??

http://afldreamteam.virtualsports.com.au/

Mackman wrote: »

Cheers Mackman, I assume were playing the normal DT as well though?

Real FM wrote: »
    Cheers Mackman, I assume were playing the normal DT as well though?

As in the one on the afl.com.au site? Nope.

As I understand it Virtual Sports ran the game for afl.com.au DT game in previous years. They have now split from afl.com.au and are running their own DT game, which means there are 2 DT games - the afl.com.au one and the Virtual Sports one. We decided to go with the Virtual Sports one.

Got 6 out of 18 so far for the league. Only a week left! Hopefully we an get a full league to avoid merging with another league.

Code: 558808

http://afldreamteam.virtualsports.com.au

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,138 Mod ✭✭✭✭bruschi

will sign up to this tomorrow mackman.

• Advertisement

I'll try and get a team together later...been doing all my research offline this year!

Advertisement