Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Historical Fiction

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Paddy Samurai

I would also recommend Christian Cameron.I only started reading him recently and like him big time.I have only read two but hope to read a lot more.
    The following two i found to be top notch
    • The Ill-Made Knight (2013)
    • The Long Sword (2014)
    I also picked up a few of this "Tom Swan" series ,which I hope to read soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 832 ✭✭✭HamsterFace

There is the century trilogy I don't think has been mentioned which, although fairly poorly written, are highly informative and very easy reads which sometimes historical fictions aren't.

They span the 20th century. The first is quite good and no the first world war. Second on the second would you believe, and the third is on the cold war which I have not yet read.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,907 ✭✭✭trashcan

hi

I am coming to the end of Ben Elton's "Two Brothers" novel which is set in Weimar/Nazi Germany. I absolutely loved the book and am wondering can anyone recommend any other good historical fiction novels?

Also can anyone recommend any of Elton's other books and are they also historical fiction? Thanks

Haven't read it, but if that's your bag it sounds very like Winter, by Len Deighton, also the story of two brothers and the rise of Nazi Germany. It's set in Berlin from 1900 to 1945 and is a great read. I'm currently reading "Live by Night" by Denis Lehane, a gangster story set in prohibition era America which is also terrific. Its the second in a loose trilogy, starting with "The Given Day" set during a police strike in Boston in 1919. So far I prefer Live by Night, its a real page turner.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 832 ✭✭✭HamsterFace

Can anyone recommend any historical fiction on The Crusades?

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,204 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Can anyone recommend any historical fiction on The Crusades?
    GLaDOS wrote: »
    Robyn Young's Brethren Trilogy is fantastic, based around the crusades in the 13th century.
    ^^^^ ;)

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Advertisement
Advertisement