Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Masters 2014.

Options

Comments

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 621 ✭✭✭Slim Charles

Yeah Ronnie making light work of this so far

• Registered Users Posts: 14,182 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

That's just ridiculous from Ronnie. Over 600 points without reply and wins 6-0 in less than an hour. Just said in his post match interview that he'll be able to pick up the kids from school now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Pighead wrote: »
    That's just ridiculous from Ronnie. Over 600 points without reply and wins 6-0 in less than an hour. Just said in his post match interview that he'll be able to pick up the kids from school now.

Incredible the talent he has, such a joy to watch. I haven't seen anyone who played so far in this event, that even comes close...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,477 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

I like Ricky Walden but fcuk me Ronnie went through him for a shortcut:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,909 ✭✭✭Neeson

Ronnie would have 6 games played at this stage. Jaysus.

• Advertisement

The BBC coverage always says you can resume watching on the red button AND the bbc sports website....but the website doesn't seem to have any streaming option :confused:

Myrddin wrote: »
    The BBC coverage always says you can resume watching on the red button AND the bbc sports website....but the website doesn't seem to have any streaming option :confused:

Probably just for the Brits.

Neeson wrote: »
    Probably just for the Brits.

Yeah I'd imagine so, but unlike the iPlayer, nothing comes up about 'not for your region' etc

Maguire looking very much in control here.

What did they say about the wallet? I missed it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭willmunny1990

Surely Maguire has this now, cant see him falling apart.

Robertson has turned to sh1te. Maguire has it won.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭willmunny1990

Ronnie licking his lips, hes had by far the easiest matches possible throughout this event and id say he'll be delighted hes meeting Maguire over Robertson.

So if there's one semi tomorrow is there one on Sunday as well?

When's the final?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,302 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

Neeson wrote: »
    So if there's one semi tomorrow is there one on Sunday as well?

When's the final?

One semifinal in afternoon (Selby v Murphy), then Ronnie v Maguire in the evening, final on Sunday.

Are the semi-final best of 15 ?

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭Spiderpig92

The thoughts of a Ronnie-Selby final.............................. :)

The thoughts of a Ronnie-Selby final.............................. :)

It's looking like it will happen.

Murphy has turned to sh1te. Hasn't been the same since he stopped eating chocolate.

That's it. Murphy wasn't long putting his arse on the seat when Selby sunk the red.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 306 ✭✭fta93

Ronnie-Selby final it is..

Easy enough win for Ronnie without being at his very best. Maguire had chances in a few frames though.

Really hopes it gets to 7-7, 8-8 etc, Would be in for some finale!

• Advertisement

It's only the top 16 plus 2 wildcards that play the masters isnt it? Is Ronnie one of the wilcards seeing as he's outside of the top 16?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,302 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

Myrddin wrote: »
    It's only the top 16 plus 2 wildcards that play the masters isnt it? Is Ronnie one of the wilcards seeing as he's outside of the top 16?

Top 16 only, theres been no wildcards for the last few years.
    I assume Ronnie got in as World Champion and the number 16 got shafted by Barry Hearn.

Ronnie is out for blood today:pac:

Quote from Twitter;

'Ronnie's not even using lube, going in dry he is'

:pac:

Top 16 only, theres been no wildcards for the last few years.
    I assume Ronnie got in as World Champion and the number 16 got shafted by Barry Hearn.

Oh, didn't know there were no wildcards anymore. A bit unfair then if someone in the top 16 lost their place because Ronny decided this event suits him to play in? I know he's the biggest draw in the game, but if it's top 16 only then it should be top 16 only surely...

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭Spiderpig92

I know it's extremely unlikely at 1-7 down, but I'd never rule Selby out just yet. I know it's Ronnie at his flawless best, but with the mental strength of Selby and Ronnie's tendency to zone out for a session or two, I wouldn't be surprised to see them going in at the interval at 8-4 possibly (if it gets that far) and who knows what can happen then. Ronnie massive favourite obviously

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭Gamayun

Did Steve Davis's commentary during the first four frames annoy anyone else today? He seemed to be rambling, going through every shot choice available. He seemed to just keep nattering on. Silence is OK, the other commentators know that.

I hope Selby gets another few frames on the board tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭stpaddy99

must annoy the other players than ronnie just turns up now and again and turns them all over?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,451 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

stpaddy99 wrote: »
    must annoy the other players than ronnie just turns up now and again and turns them all over?

Well he is the player everyone wants to see, it's amazing he's 38 and still at the top of his game, I wouldn't bet against him winning the world championship for the 3rd year in a row.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,039 ✭✭✭MJ23

Well done Ronnie. Go on and win the World again this year.

Advertisement