Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Philosophy quotes (read first post)

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭Gary L

To be ashamed of one's immorality is a step on the ladder at the end of which one is ashamed also of one's morality. Nietzsche

• Registered Users Posts: 2 browndoor

My humanity is bound up in your humanity, for we can only be human together.

Bishop Desmond Tutu.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭4512

" The death of one man is a tragedy, the death of a million men is a statistic" Stalin

" Last words are for those fools who haven't said enough" Marx

Those hardcore lefties sure new a quote or two!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,223 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

To be, you must be, before you be.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,089 ✭✭✭Lavinia

Vincit qui partitur!

(He who endures conquers!
    or
    He who perseveres conquers!)

I really love that saying : )

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,223 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

"Experience without theory is blind, but theory without experience is mere intellectual play." (Immanuel Kant)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭Arcade_Tryer

Money isn't everything. Not having it is. ~ Kanye West

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,306 Mod ✭✭✭✭mzungu

"To be great is to be misunderstood." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

• Registered Users Posts: 8,089 ✭✭✭Lavinia

Black Swan wrote: »
    "Experience without theory is blind, but theory without experience is mere intellectual play." (Immanuel Kant)
    The only difference between theory and practice is that in theory there is no difference between theory and practice.

(my best friend's friend :d))

• Registered Users Posts: 26,056 ✭✭✭✭Peregrinus

"That's all very well in practice, but does it work in theory?"

- Garrett FitzGerald*

[* From memory. Don't quote me on this.]

• Advertisement

"If we believe something to be real, it is real in its consequences" (William Isaac Thomas).

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭RichieO

Beware reality, it's not as it seems, it can be as manipulated as easily as your vote... M.E. me AKA RichieO

Political philosophy of Huey Long (paraphrased): Good news is the best news; bad news is the second best news; and no news is bad news for a politician.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,176 ✭✭✭Amerika

Black Swan wrote: »
    Political philosophy of Huey Long (paraphrased): Good news is the best news; bad news is the second best news; and no news is bad news for a politician.

Sure seems to have been true in this US election.

"I try to learn from the past, but I plan for the future by focusing exclusively on the present. That's were the fun is.”
    ― Donald J. Trump

“We live in a system that espouses merit, equality, and a level playing field, but exalts those with wealth, power, and celebrity, however gained” ( Derrick Bell).

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,306 Mod ✭✭✭✭mzungu

"The most thought-provoking thing in our thought-provoking time is that we are still not thinking." - Martin Heidegger

“The more I learn, the more I realize how much I don't know” (Albert Einstein).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,176 ✭✭✭Amerika

'There is more stupidity than hydrogen in the universe, and it has a longer shelf life.'
    - Frank Zappa

No one is value free (paraphrasing Max Weber, 1922, Economy & Society).

Advertisement