Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Awards Season 2014

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,175 ✭✭✭dee_mc

Oh Drew Barrymore, that's so bad!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

ShazGV wrote: »
    Haven't seen her mentioned (I think she might have been too early for the E! Broadcast?), but I think Tatiana Maslany looks beautiful tonight.

(Best photo I could find on mobile - pretty sure it's been edited but you get the idea!)
    Yep, gorgeous.

slide_331487_3313279_free.jpg?1389568865439

• Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭Wellyd

dee_mc wrote: »
    love it with the chandelier earrings, simple but effective!

Oops didn't see the earrings until I clicked into the photo! Totally agree! The earrings are simply understated elegance!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭Pang

I love Helen Mirren's dress. Very flattering on her. Fab colour! Sick of the neutrals

Pang wrote: »
    I love Helen Mirren's dress. Very flattering on her. Fab colour! Sick of the neutrals

She pretty much always looks incredible, my Mum's never happier than when people tell her she looks like Helen!

• Advertisement

dee_mc wrote: »
    She pretty much always looks incredible, my Mum's never happier than when people tell her she looks like Helen!

She is a fabulous woman.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,963 ✭✭✭Meangadh

Pang wrote: »

She looks fantastic.

Matthew McConaghy and his wife are sickeningly attractive!

Ah Tina Fey looking much better now!

Anyone have a pic of Helen Mirren? Haven't seen her.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Alicat

Anyone have a pic of Helen Mirren? Haven't seen her.

288576.jpg

Lizzy Caplan

288577.jpg

• Advertisement

Uma Thurman

288578.jpg

Ha! :P

288579.jpg

Alicat wrote: »
    Ha! :P

288579.jpg

Ha I was thinking toilet roll cover dolly but that's uncanny! Well played!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭Wellyd

Cheers people for the chats tonight! None of my friends like award season and I end up sitting up half the night talking to myself about how everyone looked so chatting with ye made for a much more fun experience! See ye for the SAG awards on Saturday hopefully!

I'm the same! Running joke in work now about how I take the Monday off after the Oscars. It's MY time off, I can do whatever the feck I want with it! :mad::p

• Registered Users Posts: 14,245 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

I thought Kate Beckinsale looked beautiful

golden-globes-2014-kate-beckinsale-red-carpet__oPt.jpg

Also loved Margot Robbie and Juliana Marguiles :)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭Malari

I love Emma Watson's dress, it's unique and she looks amazing in it.

I like a lot of the shorter-front dresses that Oscar de la Renta seems to be showcasing too.

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭qwerty1991

Emma Watson dress was so amazing. I love how instead of showing basically all her legs through the slit she wore those trousers. She looked so much more classy and beautiful :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

ENMcD wrote: »
    Rachel smith so far my favourite!
    Golden-Globes-2014-3.jpg

Only one I like really!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,963 ✭✭✭Meangadh

Malari wrote: »
    I like a lot of the shorter-front dresses that Oscar de la Renta seems to be showcasing too.

I'm actually not really a fan of those- well, not for a glam awards show anyway. Go long or go home I say!

There were very few dresses that I absolutely hated, but I could probably say the same for dresses I loved! But the biggest disappointment for me was the hair. It's like they don't even bother anymore!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭cjmcork

I have to say that I think that Robin Wright looked fantastic - I've seen her in House of Cards and she is stunning (well, the style of her character) - I thought she looked really elegant, I liked Sandra Bullock's dress - very playful and I think it's probably a more appropriate dress for the GG's rather than the Oscars, there wasn't anything there that made me go WOW - I didn't like Amy Adams dress at all (I'm sure she'll be gutted to hear that!) or Elizabeth Moss's dress either. I liked Amy Poehler's red carpet dress (Stella McCartney), I thought Uma Thurman looked fantastic aswell, I thought Anna Gunn from Breaking Bad looked good also........worrying trend of lots of big hair........

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

A mixed bag this year though nothing has really stood out as being amazing for me yet. I'm not formally a fan of them but her.ie have a good selection of pictures up from last night.

Would anyone know where I could find a stream of the Golden Globes? I had to miss them in order to study and have been avoiding the news all day so I wanted to treat myself after my exam with the awards but I can't a good link!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,827 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

A mixed bag this year though nothing has really stood out as being amazing for me yet. I'm not formally a fan of them but her.ie have a good selection of pictures up from last night.

Would anyone know where I could find a stream of the Golden Globes? I had to miss them in order to study and have been avoiding the news all day so I wanted to treat myself after my exam with the awards but I can't a good link!

On RTE2 now :D

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    On RTE2 now :D

I don't have a TV and it's not on the player! :(
    Meant to add that!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,827 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

I don't have a TV and it's not on the player! :(
    Meant to add that!

Ah, sorry - I'm no help to you then, I'm crap at all that streaming malarkey :D

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭apieceofcake

Really enjoyed watching the Golden Globes last night and seeing what everybody was wearing.

Loved Sarah Paulson's dress. Have no idea who she is though!

From the people I did know, I thought Naomi Watts, Kate Beckinsale and Uma Thurman looked very well. Julia Roberts looked great too.

• Registered Users Posts: 814 ✭✭✭saggycaggy

Just having a look on the Daily Mail site at the Critics Choice Movie Awards outfits-I really liked so many of them and not many disasters I thought.

I loved Amy Adams dress and Lupita Nyong nailed it again. The colour should have worked for Jessica Chastain but the dress gave her curves that I doubt she even has.

Abigail Breslin looked beautiful too.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2540950/Margot-Robbies-daring-backless-pantsuit-wins-fashion-plaudits-Critics-Choice-Movie-Awards-12-Years-A-Slave-America-Hustle-lead-nominations.html

Definitely not as many disasters as last week at the Golden Globes. Amy Adams was miles better last night.

Absolutely loved Margot Robbie's jumpsuit. Fab!

jump.jpg

Margot Robbie's jumpsuit. Sorry I am on an ancient computer and it for some crazy reason won't let me copy pictures' locations.

• Advertisement

Loved Amy Adam's and Margot Robbie. Sandra Bullock played it very safe but it was much much better than her last couple of outings.

I really like what Cate Blanchett was wearing. Casual but very stylish.

00086000-372.jpg

I really really don't like what Abigail Breslin was wearing. I don't like the neckline and her make up was dreadful.

rs_634x1024-140116161736-634.abigail-breslin-critics-choice-awards-011614.jpg

Advertisement