Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that annoy you Part 2

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

The sound of masonry drills. 1 neighbour in our terrace had 5 months of refurbishment 5 sometimes 6 days a week in the run up to Christmas. Once he'd finished his next door neighbour started with the refurb. Christ on a bike the sound of those drills is enough to make a body homicidal:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,251 ✭✭✭✭Standard Toaster

Toilet paper that's placed the wrong way round on the holder :mad:

http://tinyurl.com/opx68ab

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

Google using tactics that would put the NSA to shame, making it harder and harder to use YouTube.

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭saralou2011

Accidentally Spilling bleach on your clothes :-(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

The phrase "turned around"

"And then I turned around and was like...and then she turned around and said...and then I turned around and told her..."

Kunts rotating mid conversation like a rotisserie chicken!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,959 ✭✭✭✭bnt

Things that appear in the shops on January 1, like clockwork:
    - Cadbury's Creme Eggs. Easter is still ... some number of weeks away.
    - those stupid rip-off multi-part magazines, such as "Build a model airplane in 36 parts", for only €7.99 each (or whatever). Target audience: the innumerate. Oh wait - the first couple of issues are discounted, that makes it better ...

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

• Registered Users Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭fussyonion

New products advertised in magazines or on telly but the shops are slow to get them in.
    What do you mean Cadbury have a new flavour chocolate bar and my local Tesco/Dunnes/SuperQuinn/SuperValu/Centra/Londis/Spar/Costcutter don't have it yet?!

Competitions in English magazines, sold in Ireland, that are not open to residents of the Republic of Ireland.
    WTF?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,574 ✭✭✭whirlpool

Kids that don't understand the concept of hangovers + weekend/bank holidays. :mad:
    Oooh I hate that

"what's wrong with you?"

"I eh...have a headache"

"But how come you keep throwing up?"

"...go play outside"

Parents that don't understand the concept of hangovers. :mad:

Paddy Cow wrote: »
    Google using tactics that would put the NSA to shame, making it harder and harder to use YouTube.

Yes. Youtube since Google took over. They are wrecking it.

• Advertisement

fussyonion wrote: »
    New products advertised in magazines or on telly but the shops are slow to get them in.
    What do you mean Cadbury have a new flavour chocolate bar and my local Tesco/Dunnes/SuperQuinn/SuperValu/Centra/Londis/Spar/Costcutter don't have it yet?!

Competitions in English magazines, sold in Ireland, that are not open to residents of the Republic of Ireland.
    WTF?!

What really pisses me off is when one of your favourite magazines has SUBSCRIBE NOW FOR HALF PRICE FOR A YEAR AND TEN THOUSAND FREE GIFTS!!!

....and then, as always..... UK Residents only. EU customers please ring 0818 xxx xxx and subscribe for just ten billion pounds per year.

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭joejoe87

.co.uk

whirlpool wrote: »
    What really pisses me off is when one of your favourite magazines has SUBSCRIBE NOW FOR HALF PRICE FOR A YEAR AND TEN THOUSAND FREE GIFTS!!!

....and then, as always..... UK Residents only. EU customers please ring 0818 xxx xxx and subscribe for just ten billion pounds per year.

I KNOW! It's like...if you're not gonna allow ROI residents to participate, don't sell your magazine here!
    It's really irritating.

I love doing the magazine puzzles and it's disheartening to get to the Entry Form page only to see, in small print, those words OPEN TO UK RESIDENTS ONLY.
    Same goes for sites offering free samples.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,745 ✭✭✭laugh

fussyonion wrote: »
    I KNOW! It's like...if you're not gonna allow ROI residents to participate, don't sell your magazine here!
    It's really irritating.

I love doing the magazine puzzles and it's disheartening to get to the Entry Form page only to see, in small print, those words OPEN TO UK RESIDENTS ONLY.
    Same goes for sites offering free samples.

For the puzzles, Sign-up for Parcel Motel and pretend to be from the north. For magazines it would cost you €3.50 to receive each issue but that might still work out cheaper.

But you know what else I've noticed?
    For the magazine puzzles that are open to ROI residents, I have NEVER seen an Irish person winning anything.
    I've been buying the English magazines for 14 years and I regularly skim the Winners section and I can tell you, I've never seen one Irish winner.

I reckon if they pull a ROI resident out of the hat, they pick an English winner instead cos it's less hassle.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭poundapunnet

Getting music stuck in your head right as you're trying to go to sleep. It always happens to me if I've had too much screen time during the day, and it's always just a couple of bars of something stupid and random. Today I've been listening to The Bee Gees, Miley Cyrus (**** the haters, yo), Tunng, LCD Soundsystem and Tyler the Creator, and what does my brain come up with to keep me awake? The opening ten seconds of the Game Of Thrones theme tune on loop, of fcuking course.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,391 ✭✭✭Scar Tissue

The opening ten seconds of the Game Of Thrones theme tune on loop, of fcuking course.

Click it, you know you want to ;):p

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭Lyaiera

old hippy wrote: »
    People who walk around in January and wear t-shirts and/or shorts.

Them Australians can take their kangaroos and barbies and wear jumpers like everyone else. :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭Frigga_92

I have a question on this subject.

I work with 2 women who eat their food like toddlers. I mean eating with their mouth wide open, jiggling hot food around in their mouth, talking and laughing with their mouth full of food.

It makes my skin crawl! I actually had to leave my lunch without finishing it and leave the office because I just couldn't sit there listening to them.

Would it be rude of me to say something to them? They both sit next to each other and are quite friendly so I was thinking of saying something to them together. Can I?

Okay people, heading into another day of being surrounded by these people with no manners.
    Can I say something to them and what can I say? I don't want to be rude or embarrass anyone but I also need it to stop! Help!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

Okay people, heading into another day of being surrounded by these people with no manners.
    Can I say something to them and what can I say? I don't want to be rude or embarrass anyone but I also need it to stop! Help!
    I dont think there is a nice way of saying "you eat like a pig, please shut your pie hole while eating, you uncouth ignoramus."

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,822 ✭✭✭sunflower27

My flatmate has a bad cold at the moment and instead of blowing his nose, he sniffs the snot back up every 30 seconds or so. God it is annoying. I have started passing the tissues to him and saying blow your nose ffs :D

The worst bit is I sit there all tense waiting for the next 'back-sniff'.

• Registered Users Posts: 839 ✭✭✭kelbal

Yeah, say something by all means, and they might self-consciously make an effort to tone it down - but they'll forever after think you're a di*k :D - and your everyday dealings with them will be awkward (even though you're right, they probably are gross).

• Registered Users Posts: 7,934 ✭✭✭Renegade Mechanic

Ive got a migrane thats slowly splitting me in half.... :puke:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,166 ✭✭✭Tasden

Like another poster from the previous thread who had their clothes dirtied by a kid with grubby hands- parents who don't control their children!. Coming home from the school and a parent was letting young kids run ahead and they ran into me, I wiped my coat off and rolled my eyes and shook my head in a "control your kids" passive aggressive manner cause I'm a bitch like that, the mam goes "wait til you have kids love, you want be so precious about looking perfect then"- eh I do have a child, she's in school on time and if she wasn't she'd be holding my hand not running around while I lag behind because I'm too lazy to be a parent.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

went to the pharmacy to get a new moisturiser as my previous was leaving my skin real greasy all day lately.
    she gave me a night moisturiser which apparently also leaves my skin feeling greasy all day so i'm at the same situation as before just down a tenner

also, being a man and having to buy moisturisers

--edit

also there being "night" and "day" moisturisers. jesus christ, why.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,039 ✭✭✭MJ23

How everyone on deal or no deal is emotionally over invested.

How people on deal or no deal believe that the numbers mean something to them and their method will actually work. Saw some eejit on it once and most of the numbers were related to his beloved Arsenal players. Think he went home with 100 squid.

It's totally random lads, pure fluke.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

Not so much now because of the internet, but if I bought a CD and the leaflet inside didn't have the song lyrics it would give me the rage.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,196 ✭✭✭maximoose

This really is trivial, but somehow still annoys me

When you're about to turn right on a long stretch of road, but one car is approaching you and there's not enough room to turn before they pass. Then they slow down, and flash you to let you make the turn - despite there being nothing behind them and it would actually be quicker if they just kept bloody driving at normal speed.

I know they're only trying to be nice. What's wrong with me?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

maximoose wrote: »
    This really is trivial, but somehow still annoys me

When you're about to turn right on a long stretch of road, but one car is approaching you and there's not enough room to turn before they pass. Then they slow down, and flash you to let you make the turn - despite there being nothing behind them and it would actually be quicker if they just kept bloody driving at normal speed.

I know they're only trying to be nice. What's wrong with me?

i get like this when im at a pedestrian crossing and there's a car coming. i'll actually stop 2-3 metres from the end of the path so they'll drive past and then I'll nip across. hate having them stop and wave me across, smug magnanimous bastards.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,529 ✭✭✭BlackEdelweiss

People who have to reverse into a parking space and take ages to maneuver into it while you wait to get past them. Just drive into the ****ing space and reverse out!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement