Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guess the Village/Town/City Thread 2 (read post 1 and reminder of rules on post 9637)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,143 ✭✭✭locum-motion

Duiske wrote: »
    Psssttt.... Satellite dishes.

Oops, sorry!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,480 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

Ok, another hint, thought the "Rock " would give it away. Wiki page for the place states "After Bishop Brennan's recommendation, the rock has been upgraded to a "class two relic" also known today as The Holy Stone Of Clonrichert."

• Registered Users Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭M.T. Cranium

ROCKCHAPEL

looking west in October, hmm.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,480 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

You posted that already?Sorry, MT, missed it.

No, I meant I posted while you were posting the last clue. Funny thing is, I wasted about an hour looking around some place called Baltydaniel which shares the first part of its name with (according to wikipedia) Balty somebody of 1930s hurling fame. In the process I discovered that Baltydaniel is also known as New Twopothouse, or has been swallowed up by same. Then it was on to Baltimore and when the Rs came up, all the other R places. Nice tour of county Cork and I think I might have looked at almost every other place there before finding Rockchapel.

May post another one in a while, I always get these yellow lines from google earth in my images, somebody know how to remove those?

• Advertisement

I posted Newtwopothouse/Baltydaniel already and left the road no. on the picture, doh!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,087 ✭✭✭Duiske

Ok, another hint, thought the "Rock " would give it away. Wiki page for the place states "After Bishop Brennan's recommendation, the rock has been upgraded to a "class two relic" also known today as The Holy Stone Of Clonrichert."

Hang on... :eek: I've heard about this Bishop Brennan and The Holy Stone Of Clonrichert somewhere before. :D

"Tentacles Of Doom" is the 3rd episode of the second series of Channel 4 sitcom Father Ted and the 9th episode overall.

Synopsis

The episode begins with Dougal reading a book of 'Gary Lineker's Book of Ghost Stories', supposedly too scary to complete - followed by a discussion with Ted on ghost sightings (following a rambling 'scary' story about Ted staying at his great-aunt's house where a girl had apparently hanged herself in his room, neither has seen any - Dougal's 'ghost' in fact being Ted himself).

While dealing with serious plumbing problems at the parochial house, which turns out to have started after Ted gave the toilet an extra hard flush after Jack used it and furthered by Jack hiding alcohol bottles in the plumbing, Ted receives some bad news. He learns that the nearby Holy Stone of Clonrichert is being upgraded to a "class two relic" by the Vatican. Three bishops are to be sent to Craggy Island to perform the ceremony. This means that the priests must be "on their best behaviour"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭Red Hare

carraigtwohill?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭Red Hare

Doh! I'm only getting it now - its Rockchapel! :o

This is a bit off the beaten track ...

315695.jpg

added at 0900h ... sorry to say that I won't be around again until late afternoon or evening as in my time zone it is bedtime ... so if you guess without being sure, no way of confirming your guess, if you are 100% sure then post away at that point.

one clue -- the place is very small and this is most of it, in this picture.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,636 ✭✭✭feargale

Portacloy

Sorry, long delay in posting this, not Portacloy and not in Mayo either.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭JillyQ

Is it galway?

No, not in Galway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭vickers209

is it in wexford

• Registered Users Posts: 12,340 ✭✭✭✭starlit

Is it in Cork or Waterford? Mayo?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,636 ✭✭✭feargale

Malinbeg

Sorry, nobody has been in the right county yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭JillyQ

Is it sligo?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,643 ✭✭✭✭josip

Kilbaha, Co. Clare?

• Advertisement

That's it, next ...

I'd like to leave work at 4 today to get to the beach so in the best tradition of the thread "Here's an easy one"

2dt3q78.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,293 ✭✭✭Fuzzy Clam

Sandymount

Splish splash, off I go. You're up.

josip wrote: »
    Splish splash, off I go. You're up.

Dont forget the sunscreen :)
    I'll stick one up soon but if anybody else wants to take it, fire away.

Don't blink or you'll miss it
    whereami.jpg

Kildare, near that big stud farm, off to find the name.

Brannockstown?

Kildare, near that big stud farm, off to find the name.

Brannockstown?

Negatory.

Looks familiar, Carlow/Kilkenny somewhere?

• Advertisement

Looks familiar, Carlow/Kilkenny somewhere?

Neither nor near either.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement