Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guess the Village/Town/City Thread 2 (read post 1 and reminder of rules on post 9637)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Truckermal

Dripsey?

No!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,829 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

Truckermal wrote: »
    No!

This is going to be a tough one I'd say.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

Owning .?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,107 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Is it in NI?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement

Irish road markings and Irish street lamps, so I am confident saying it isn't.

The one Street lamp in view was previously and commonly in use in both districts. Again, the road markings don't look like they're from any particular district either (no yellow lines which would indicate ROI) hence my question.

No it's in Ireland this village has it's own claim to fame but another one in Wicklow also has the same claim!

Laragh?

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,475 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

Meelin.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,475 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

Pretty sure I'm correct:

https://tinyurl.com/y7otmzuy

Here's my offering:

Pretty sure I'm correct:

https://tinyurl.com/y7otmzuy

Here's my offering:

Well feck ya anyway!

Truckermal wrote: »
    Well feck ya anyway!
    Grew up less than 20 miles away from it .:D:D:D:D:D

ETA that's Meelin, not the place I put up(and still can't embed)

Nice little village I often had a few pints in the local! I'm not living far away from it either!

ETA that's Meelin, not the place I put up(and still can't embed)

Speaking of said place you put up....... I'm stumped but I'll hazard a guess: Ballingarry.

450668.JPG

Not Ballingarry- whichever one you mean. If it's the Limerick and Tipp ones, you are in the wrong province.
    Not Knockanna.

!st hint, associated with a "land campaign" as tenants of their landlord in Kerry got a reduced rent, these didn't.

Closer to Knockananna than Kerry, by quite a distance.

• Advertisement

Ballynonty?

As in Tipperary?No.it's not in Munster.

As in Tipperary?No.it's not in Munster.

Ah my mistake, I had read your OP before you edited it and never reread it all these days later!

Next clue so, the landlord lent his name to a stadium here once upon a time.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,636 ✭✭✭feargale

Next clue so, the landlord lent his name to a stadium here once upon a time.

Luggacurran

feargale wrote: »
    Luggacurran

Please be right.

Please be right.

As near to Ballyhide as doesn't matter.

feargale wrote: »
    As near to Ballyhide as doesn't matter.

I've got your back on this one if he tries any funny pedantic carry on.

(Which I'm sure he won't, and you could actually be making up the names and I wouldn't know any better).

Yep. Lugacurren it is!

• Advertisement

Yep. Lugacurren it is!

Lansdowne rode the tenants roughshod.

Take it away. I can't do pics.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement